Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    That's the direction the game has been since pretty much its inception, though.

Dungeons have always been a daily lock. Raids have always been a weekly lock. It might be more guided now, but it's not that much more "time-driven".

I for once think the opposite, it's a step in the right direction in the sense that it reduces RNG a bit and provides a bit of bad luck protection, but the ultimate goal for me would be to go back to a reward system more akin to the ones in WotLK/Cata/MoP, with Emblems/Points, where you might get a lucky drop, but you always get some progress towards a deterministic reward.
    Keep in mind the badge system also was always lower than the best PvE gear, and limited to just a small handful of slots with static stats.

Using current numbers you would have maybe 2-4 slots of 213 gear and another 2-4 slots of 200 gear.

It’s absolutely nothing like the high item level gear available in the great vault.

I think WoW would be better without any sort of weekly/daily chore type nonsene and just letting people do whatever the hell they want to do with their time in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Doing 2 wings of torgast, 2 weekly rep rewards, callings, renown quests. Also world quests are a pain now that you cant 1 big guy and move on.
    M+ as dps is a pain since nobody wants to join my key and joining someone elses is also time consuming.
    So for a regular 1-2-3 hour gamer i dont have anything left for other shit.
    We're talking 1hour 30min torgast, 2 hours finding m+ group, 30-40 mins to do it, 1hour 30mins for the weekly rep quests. 1 hour for renown quests, 30 mins for callings.
    20 mins to get to the world boss, finding group and kill.

Thats like 8 hours of forced content and not even talking about raids which would easily add 3-4 hours per diff.

Thats basically already above my gaming time per week. It was even worse when we had champain quests in addition.
    And almost everything you listed is temporary content or already irrelevant. Thorgast? Everyone crafts 2-3 legendaries and never visit it again. 2 weekly reputations? If you do everything you listed you should be exalted with every faction. Callings? For what, 700 gold? Renown? Literally 30 min/week and in 2 months it's over. World quests? For what? Mythic+? Find some friends, make your own groups

Even if your list would be true and it takes 8 hours, that's 1 hour / day... and if you skip all of them, what do you loose? Nothing.
    And let me get this straight: just because 1 hour playing is too much for you and it's "forced content", everyone else should stand in Oribos and do nothing, because that should be the standard. God forbid you could be happy that you have more to do when you have more time to play, naaaaaah, everyone must convert to Speedlance's gaming time per week, because.... reasons.

Jesus this whining is beyond pathetic, fuck off and play Tetris, that's the game for you. Or pick your nose, more fitting