Reason for doing Torghast layers 1-7?

So with Torghast giving you all the rewards from 1-7 if you do #8 is there any reason to do layers 1-7 on reset?

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    So with Torghast giving you all the rewards from 1-7 if you do #8 is there any reason to do layers 1-7 on reset?
    If you can do 8 you should do 8 and collect all the ash from the wing. Only reason I can think of to do lower layers is to farm mission table followers if you're missing some.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

None whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    As cparle87 says, there is no reason to do anything lower than 8 unless you want to make it faster to collect followers or complete torghast callings that might popup during the week.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Faster/less stressful runs, especially if you don't need the extra soul ashes because you already have your BiS legendary maxed out. I do layer 8 on my DH, layer 5-6 on the others because they are slower in Torghast (shaman-priest). They could do layer 8, but I feel like it's not worth the effort.

There's no reason to if you're in there for the soul ash.

Blizz just failed at Roguelikes by putting a necessary regent in there as reward for completion. It made people go into Torghast, but it also made them whine about it being too hard and punishing. So Blizz swung the nerf bat and now challanging yourself to new layers isn't really a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    There's no reason to if you're in there for the soul ash.

Blizz just failed at Roguelikes by putting a necessary regent in there as reward for completion. It made people go into Torghast, but it also made them whine about it being too hard and punishing. So Blizz swung the nerf bat and now challanging yourself to new layers isn't really a thing.
    I don’t think that many complain about it being hard, but more so boring. It’s just killing trash, nothing exactly feels dangerous, even before the nerf. Now that I have the mount, If wasn’t for the soul ash I would never be there again!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I do lower layers than 8 is if I don't feel like the challenge of layer 8 on that particular character. My main character (BM hunter) has no problem in layer 8, neither does my 1st alt (Veng DH) or 2nd alt (Frost DK). But when I get to my 3rd or 4th alt, they're not quite as geared as the mains and so it's less stress on my part to just do layer 5 or 6 and call it a week than it is to push for layer 8 until their gear is on part with my mains (or close enough).

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I don’t think that many complain about it being hard
    But they did, loudly so. The first week people were ranting about wasting time by dying to the last boss. And they have a point, because Blizz failed at roguelikes. Failure shouldn't be this punishing.
    They nerfed Torghast into the ground shortly after. Now you can just run layer 8 without sweating.

There are a couple achievements related to Torghast, so if you want to grind those a bit quicker, using lower layers is the way to go.

And also....not everyone is good enough to do layer 8, it's really that simple. Got a guy in my guild who keeps complaining how layer 3 and onwards is just undoable. Guess which layers he will be farming to get his leggo (spoiler) not the 8th one for sure.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Sometimes later in the week I will get a quest to go in there. I will just blast through on a one to get it over with quickly since I had already done the 8s for the week.

I have an alt that got c*ckblocked on the last boss of a layer 8 once. To try and avoid that waste of time ever happening again, I just run layer 6's on that alt and don't mind the little bit less ash I get each week for that toon
    Last edited by Servos; 2021-01-21 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling