Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    Mage Classic rotation - frost bolt, frost bolt, frost bolt, frost bolt... frost bolt? (TBC wasn't quite as bad but it wasn't THAT much more complex)
    tbh, i cant think of any class in vanila (DPS) that had rotation of more than 3-4 abilities, most had just 1-2...
    i think healers and tanks used more but cant really say, didnt play any until wotlk i think

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    That might've been vanilla? But even then you had CoE and corruption. I only leveled a bit back when vanilla was released so I could be wrong.
    probably in first half of vanila, i think it was due to "best" build at the time that didnt put points in corruption cast time (demo/destro), so actualy shadowbolt did more dps than full run of corruption, and immolation was fire dmg while the build was about shadow (and crit) but i cant say im sure, its far too long...
    i just remember there was patch when casting anything else than shadowbolt was waste of dps

After years of putting up with wow players...i simply dislike the majority of them and the 10% that are good either get pushed away from the game, have other commitments or have just given up too...

The "free" content as you put it is pretty much the only way i can progress in a game that i love. Like I've got 25k achievement points so you can imagine my commitment to the game, however i'd rather stop playing than be forced into raids/mythics and arena with people i frankly can't stand :/

Quote Originally Posted by dadoodoo View Post
    its just an example mate, i know its an extreme example but i had to make it extreme because there are legitimately people that actually believe the game has more depth now than it did back then.
    The fact that you go through the effort to spell out what the old rotation was, but then don't spell out the new rotation so readers can actually critically compare them diminishes your argument.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.