View Poll Results: Will Trump Pardon himself?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

    16 69.57%
  • Yes.

    7 30.43%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    No tiger king? That gives me a sad..

  2. #82
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    30,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I like that it starts with cases where many have a long list of supporters, typically seen in the first one below (and others shown as being good prisoners singing in the choir etc)- but missing in one notable case:
    I would not be surprised if Bannon either bought the Pardon or it was given in consideration of Bannon not being as cooperative a witness as the feds would like.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He's wealthy, and has connections inside the government, as well as the resources to simply leave the country.

    A self-pardon puts him as the most corrupt, and worst president of all time. As of now, he's in the bottom 3-4.
    If Trump leaves the country to avoid prosecution, he should simply be drone struck.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I would not be surprised if Bannon either bought the Pardon or it was given in consideration of Bannon not being as cooperative a witness as the feds would like.
    OR! Bannon has the piss tapes

  4. #84
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If Trump leaves the country to avoid prosecution, he should simply be drone struck.
    He can only do so much. I mean can Trump refuse Secret Service once he is out of the White House?

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've sent a note in.

    I don't think I've done anything that needs a pardon, but I figure it's better safe than sorry.

    Hopefully those few fivers I slipped into the letter I sent to Trump are enough to sweeten the deal.
    You should have slipped some coupons to KFC or something like that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    He can only do so much. I mean can Trump refuse Secret Service once he is out of the White House?
    Yep, he can outright refuse it if he so chooses. Nixon did when he resigned.

  6. #86
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,678
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Yep, he can outright refuse it if he so chooses. Nixon did when he resigned.
    Did not know that about Nixon. I can definitely see Trump refusing SS in the near future (or forcing them to follow him to his properties on the governments dime).

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Did not know that about Nixon. I can definitely see Trump refusing SS in the near future (or forcing them to follow him to his properties on the governments dime).
    Here is a little fun fact if he has the detail. All of his communications are monitored for life and all of his mail is read. He can only forgo that if he rejects the detail. Don Jr. dropped his because of the privacy thing.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post

    Yep, he can outright refuse it if he so chooses. Nixon did when he resigned.
    Nixon did eventually refuse SS protection...but it wasn't when he resigned. It was in 1985 at which point he hired his own security.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Here is a little fun fact if he has the detail. All of his communications are monitored for life and all of his mail is read. He can only forgo that if he rejects the detail. Don Jr. dropped his because of the privacy thing.
    Probably was pretty hard for Jr. to score his coke with someone that followed him around.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Nixon did eventually refuse SS protection...but it wasn't when he resigned. It was in 1985 at which point he hired his own security.
    Ah, ok. I got my timeline wrong then. Thank you.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Here is a little fun fact if he has the detail. All of his communications are monitored for life and all of his mail is read. He can only forgo that if he rejects the detail. Don Jr. dropped his because of the privacy thing.
    Apparently he also picked it up again though

    https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/polit...ice/index.html

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If Trump leaves the country to avoid prosecution, he should simply be drone struck.

    - - - Updated - - -



    OR! Bannon has the piss tapes
    No, that's not how it works. The whole part about not being a fascist, means not supporting extra-judicial murder.

  13. #93
    so basically he pardoned every financial criminal he or his allies vaguely had links too.

    grim cunt.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, that's not how it works. The whole part about not being a fascist, means not supporting extra-judicial murder.
    Especially when it's so much easier just to tell Iran where he is and let them handle it :P

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    so basically he pardoned every financial criminal he or his allies vaguely had links too.

    grim cunt.
    Especially Jeanine Pirro's husband.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •