Help me troubleshoot my fellow raider

Hey guys, so while i can assist in many classes, druid is not one of them.
    We're currently progressing Sire Denathrius heroic and to me it looks like my balance druid is really underperforming dps wise, while doing tactics as close to perfectly as you can, so i wouldn't want to bench him for something we can improve.

The druid in talk is Dudustar
    This is the overall log for the night:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FhdyMJWRL6rmqcbT/

This is the log from our kill last night:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...bT/#fight=last

Any chance someone here can spot what's up? or is he performing as he should dpswise and i'm just out of my mind thinking balance is god?
    I know he is not the only one making grey logs, but i think there's lots of room to adjust rotation etc if needed. So we start with our lovely druid

Hope you can help me out helping our druid
    If you got awesome feedback i'll link him the thread so he can read it through himself and take it into account

EDIT:
    He found out yesterday he were the wrong covenant, so he swapped to Night Fae. So that's the reason for missing soulbinds if you're checking that out.
    Last edited by Unzd; 2021-01-19 at 07:52 AM.

Right off the bat he's substantially behind the rest of your raid in item level. This won't do him any favours, nor will lack of any soulbind and conduits.

As for what specifically he's not doing, I recommend using the compare tool on WCL. Here's him matched up against a similar fight and a guy with similar item level.
    Short answer, he's not casting his spells enough. Notably he seems to stop doing anything at about the 2 minute mark, while the other guy is doing a ton of damage. I guess you guys don't have the DPS to push the boss at that point so you all stopped on the boss, but he doesn't do anything to the adds which spawn then either.
    The biggest difference is during Bloodlust. Here the other guy really pops off, while your friend doesn't seem to get as high. He needs to cast more starsurges there. He caps his astral power for a while, while the guy we're comparing to is just machine gunning starsurges.
    This is all limited examination, but those are some things he can work on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

He's spending way too much time (globals) for moonfire and sunfire, yet his uptime of both dots is not optimal. He's casting way too less starsurges. You should have way more starsurge casts than starfall (he has 23 starfalls and 21 starsurges). This is somehow related to him spending too many globals on monnfire/sunfire as he doesnt generate enough AP with Wrath/Starfire.

Maybe (just a gues) he casts so many Moonfire and Sunfire cause he want to make sure to move out of shit to not fail. So he doesnt cast but uses his instant spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Unzd View Post
    Any chance someone here can spot what's up? or is he performing as he should dpswise and i'm just out of my mind thinking balance is god?
    I know he is not the only one making grey logs, but i think there's lots of room to adjust rotation etc if needed. So we start with our lovely druid

Mainly not playing right considering his talent setup, there are times when he goes 10-15 seconds casting nothing but dots on the same target or not casting, despite having starfall up and being able to cast whilst moving is one of the biggest things, all in all it's down to bad play.

Considering his talent setup and starfall uptime he shouldnt have a problem with continuing to chain cast if movement is an issue, like the other poster said he spends far too much time doing absolutely nothing, or simply casting moonfire/sunfire instead of actually casting, casting instead of spamming dots = much more ap = more starsurges and starfalls.

looking at some of your other logs, it's a pattern he seems to repeat on other fights,m and there often periods when he spend 10+ seconds not casting or just casting dots.
    Last edited by [Apok]; 2021-01-19 at 01:16 PM.