Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Maybe in your head classic was a flop but in reality it was a resounding success. Brought millions back for maybe a short time but millions none the less. Your opinion isn't one that fits with reality mate.
    Additionally. Classic players contribute to retail. It's all the same subscription. Those like myself who do not play retail, our money going to Classic still supports Blizzard as a whole, which in effect helps development of new content for retail.

Whether it is a success or not, retail players should welcome it since it helps fund their portion of the game.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Lmfao right right. Tell me again how raids were allegedly hard as hell in vanilla yet were beaten within a few hours in Classic. I'm not confusing Classic with retail at all.
    Right right, tell me again who mentioned anything to do with difficulty? Nice strawman lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Although rather than counter his point you mention 3 things which you... can get in retail. . .
    You can but it isnt the same. The game has changed quite a bit so the races and arenas will play differently. An if you are going to nitpick it that much classic is just a very very watered down version of retail so they can just do retail instead of classic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Sounds like you're confusing Classic with bottom of the barrel retail that has been garbage for years :/
    C'mon now let's not lie to ourselves. You are more than welcome to enjoy Classic more than retail and others can do the opposite but let us not claim that Retail is bottom of the barrel when it is still the king of MMO's. BFA was a def rough patch but Legion before it was awesome and SL is doing very well and is enjoyed by most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Very interesting journey. It's very sad to realize how archaic guilds have become.

Until Wrath guilds were very special communities..
    They still are if you join a good one. You can pug everything if you want but for a more enjoyable consistent experience you will be in a guild.

There was something about TBC that was just utterly addicting, moreso than any other version of WoW imo. Maybe its the fact that there is only version of every raid, and you needed to be fairly well geared to have a chance at beating it. Some people might find that restricting, but I find it very cool and immersive to have that feeling of "the world is bigger than you". Simply setting foot inside BT or Sunwell was a pretty big deal.

TBC is unique in the sense that it is the only expansion Blizzard ever made that told the player "you're either good enough to do this, or your not and you need to get better". Vanilla was hard because people had no clue what they were doing. By TBC people had figured out min/maxing and optimal spec and all that, but they still struggled in raids because the raids were legitimately unforgiving. It will be interesting to see how modern players react to TBC, when they struggle at raiding and they don't have the raid finder version to fall back on.

Specifically the difference in raid design that I see between then and now is that in TBC individual mistakes had raid wide consequences that were often difficult or impossible to overcome. That level of personal accountability for every single person who raids is something that most WoW players have never experienced.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

I really hope so! Is there less world buff baffoonery? CBA with that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets be honest, its not hard to be better than classic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Lets be honest, its not hard to be better than classic.
    A decent amount of players prefer the original over the result of "15 years of improvement".
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-02-04 at 10:52 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    and the "modern" WoW. And depending on which patch you take, it's either Vanilla extreme or WotLK light. Basically, it's the same divide than between Wrath babies and Vanilla veteran, but in the same expansion, with each patch changing the content through nerfs, and it's hard to find a consensus on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Depends if they do patch progression or if they do the same dumbness where they start on the final patch with nothing retuned for the class balance changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Depends on a few things (how we're starting as far as patch levels/fixes, how individual players feel about Classic vs BC, and so on)
    What the devs need to do if they have the option is release it as 2.0.1 not like how they released classic! If they manage this it will be amazing.
    If they release as a late patch (2.1, 2.2, etc), it would not fulfil its potential.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Right right, tell me again who mentioned anything to do with difficulty? Nice strawman lmfao.
    It's not a strawman. You claimed retail is bottom of the barrel but that's not true. That's what Classic is. Barely any end game content. Horrendous leveling structure. Toxic pug community. Classic is pretty garbage, dude.

It's not a strawman. You claimed retail is bottom of the barrel but that's not true. That's what Classic is. Barely any end game content. Horrendous leveling structure. Toxic pug community. Classic is pretty garbage, dude.
    I feel like you just described retail. Not even joking lol

Yes, and no one mentioned or implied anything to do with difficulty. Your reply again strays further away from that point. Nice strawman.

Classic has its flaws, but I'd still take it any day over the abomination that current WoW has "evolved" in to.

Yes, and no one mentioned or implied anything to do with difficulty. Your reply again strays further away from that point. Nice strawman.

Classic has its flaws, but I'd still take it any day over the abomination that current WoW has "evolved" in to.
    All right well you clearly have absolutely no idea what a strawman argument is. Classic is a god damned dumpster fire. I literally pointed out other reasons aside from how people lied about difficulty but apparently you'd rather ignore that and just keep talking shit on retail. Classic is nothing BUT flaws.

Classic is nothing BUT flaws.
    Funny, despite its flaws i seem to enjoy it more.

For me, character progression for example is one of the areas where Classic easily beats Retail, which is actually a pretty crucial aspect for an MMORPG.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-02-05 at 06:52 AM.

I love that this forum is 3 years old and people are still doing the "NO U!" shuffle over retail vs Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Funny, despite its flaws i seem to enjoy it more.

For me, character progression for example is one of the areas where Classic easily beats Retail, which is actually a pretty crucial aspect for an MMORPG.
    I don't know how you could possibly think that gaining 1% damage to one spell when you level up is actually meaningful progression but ok.

I don't know how you could possibly think that gaining 1% damage to one spell when you level up is actually meaningful progression but ok.
    I was actually talking about endgame progression, but even if you want to talk about leveling, getting actually stronger feels better than getting weaker, as you do on Retail when you level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I was actually talking about endgame progression, but even if you want to talk about leveling, getting actually stronger feels better than getting weaker, as you do on Retail when you level up.
    Endgame progression is utter garbage lmfao. The raids are pitifully easy and there's not much else to do in the end game. As or your second point, thanks for the laugh. You absolutely do NOT get weaker as you level up. I legitimately have no clue how you have come to that conclusion.

Endgame progression is utter garbage lmfao. The raids are pitifully easy and there's not much else to do in the end game.
    You seem to awfully focus on this whole raid difficulty thing, yet that hasn't much to do with character progression.

Gearing actually feels statisfying to me, because i don't just have focus on a single raid in order get upgrades, certain items stand out because they are perfectly itemized which are really sought after.
    Not to mention that i just don't ditch my entire gear once a new raid comes out.
    You absolutely do NOT get weaker as you level up. I legitimately have no clue how you have come to that conclusion.
    Hm, when i was leveling in Beta, i could just do crazy AoE pulls in Bastion, something that didn't seem to work anymore when i was in Revendreth, not to mention that i was for some reason casting at a slower pace and did less crits.
    And i don't think that's just the Beta.

I'm genuinely curious why somebody that believes Classic is massively flawed without any redeeming factors even posts on this forum other than trolling, maybe i'm just projecting here but i wouldn't post in a (sub)forum of something where i hold such a negative opinion on.

Just the fixes to stats and gear and specs and professions and gearing and dailies and dungeons and pvp.

I kind of just want to play an unkillable Tree in bgs again.

Only thing about TBC is if they had just not made flying a luxury like they did. If they had kept it cheap they probably could've kept it contained to TBC for a while.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2021-02-05 at 07:30 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    What the devs need to do if they have the option is release it as 2.0.1 not like how they released classic! If they manage this it will be amazing.
    If they release as a late patch (2.1, 2.2, etc), it would not fulfil its potential.
    Nah, 2.0 was a bugfest and completely broken in so many ways it's not even funny.
    2.1 is the way to go.