Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    so what should i have done maybe i was just unlucky with arena loot..oh sorry i havent got any because there is no loot for winning games
    i played for a month only pvp and my gear was 10 x 184ilvl and 5x 226, how could i get more? 4 of those items were pure rng, some were just 525 conquest like back with super low impact stats
    pvers were runing ~210gear first week of the season i had 186 back then just because i played only pvp
    now the gear diff is fading so its super bad for the game x))
    My advice, even if your goal is to pvp, try to pve a bit. Not super high stuff, try to pug your hc raid a bit, try to get a weapon. I know some people hate the pve part, but pvp gearing is VERY strong if you also get some help from pve. You can target the pieces you want which is amazing in my opinion, but if its your only source you will be below the gear level.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    My advice, even if your goal is to pvp, try to pve a bit. Not super high stuff, try to pug your hc raid a bit, try to get a weapon. I know some people hate the pve part, but pvp gearing is VERY strong if you also get some help from pve. You can target the pieces you want which is amazing in my opinion, but if its your only source you will be below the gear level.
    ikr
    pvp gear has huge impact because of conquest cap catch up u can just mid season decide to play pvp and get a lot of good gear to upgrade ur pve progres which is porpbably not healthy for pve while at start u had nothing from pvp

i have to say that pvp gearing is extremly good these days. my rsham and my druid have 212 and 216 ilvl. my rsham is duelist so these are 226 item lvl epix for free and my druid only has 1800+ . its never been that easy to get mythic raid gear for 2100 aka duelist which is a joke very happy with this, also the vault is a good upgrade compared to the bfa "vault". i dont have to do a weekly myhtic to fall behind and have 3 options. i know ppl that werent lucky with the vault but i had only 1 week where i didnt get an upgrade. but i always got the 3/3 options in my vault for pvp.

in terms of arena, its sad to see that every streamer i watch (90% of the time healers in pvp) plays hpally now and almost always with a fire mage, kinda lame. i mean this is the elite and i think in the 2000-2600 bracket everything is playable but tournament wise its kinda boring and ww/firemage/hpally need a nerf, as well as ret's with the prot leggy

- - - Updated - - -

so what should i have done maybe i was just unlucky with arena loot..oh sorry i havent got any because there is no loot for winning games
    i played for a month only pvp and my gear was 10 x 184ilvl and 5x 226, how could i get more? 4 of those items were pure rng, some were just 525 conquest like back with super low impact stats
    pvers were runing ~210gear first week of the season i had 186 back then just because i played only pvp
    now the gear diff is fading so its super bad for the game x))
    it was one or two weeks when i had the feeling that pve guys were outgearing me but as you mentioned, this is fading and pvp players actually have an easier time to earn the pieces they want while pve players need the rng. i got my pally on ilvl 200 with only pvp gearing and honor grinding in ONE WEEK. hit 1800 pretty fast because this class is broken but yeah, its quite nice to gear with pvp

Not sure how it is now, but month ago when I got 1800 it was pretty brutal. I pugged my way to 1600 no issues and then hit brick wall and had to get a boost. And that was with above average gear. Maybe if I got better/stable partners it'd been doable without the boost. People who have pvp experience wastly underestimate the difference of skills required to be successful in arena compared to what a pve person knows. Especially in the current meta. After watching some videos, it's all common sense, but I still have trouble converting the knowledge to actual gameplay. Is 1800/2100 doable? Sure, but lets not pretend like it's easy for someone with no prior pvp experience.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Not sure how it is now, but month ago when I got 1800 it was pretty brutal. I pugged my way to 1600 no issues and then hit brick wall and had to get a boost. And that was with above average gear. Maybe if I got better/stable partners it'd been doable without the boost. People who have pvp experience wastly underestimate the difference of skills required to be successful in arena compared to what a pve person knows. Especially in the current meta. After watching some videos, it's all common sense, but I still have trouble converting the knowledge to actual gameplay. Is 1800/2100 doable? Sure, but lets not pretend like it's easy for someone with no prior pvp experience.
    1800+ is like top 10% of players don't listen to those ppl who say its easy, average players sit on 1500

15+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday I met two fire mages in skirmish 2v2 arena.
    I'm arms 210 ilvl, 27% versatility and 35k hp.
    Figured before the game started that this is going to be a shit show, but it's skirmish, so who knows.
    Went defensive stance immediately (-20% damage).
    Specced into stronger +hp shout, popped it (about 50% more hp, so around 50k hp).
    Popped spell reflection - died in 5 seconds haha. I wasn't even mad :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    are you kidding me ? im outgearing my mythic raiding guild just cause i farm 2200 rated items. Pvp gearing is super fast and efficient ......
    They are having more fun though.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2021-01-20 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Yesterday I met two fire mages in skirmish 2v2 arena.
    I'm arms 210 ilvl, 27% versatility and 35k hp.
    Figured before the game started that this is going to be a shit show, but it's skirmish, so who knows.
    Went defensive stance immediately (-20% damage).
    Specced into stronger +hp shout, popped it (about 50% more hp, so around 50k hp).
    Popped spell reflection - died in 5 seconds haha. I wasn't even mad :-)

- - - Updated - - -

They are having more fun though.
    There are of course outlier specs which are just badly designed. Fire mage does insane damage during combustion and then absolutely nothing outside of combustion. It's not fun for the mage and it's not fun for the opponents (if the mage is smart enough to not get CCd during combustion). Balance druid is like this too.

Its best since wod - so its not long period
    But if u only pvp its slow
    After 4 weeks u had 5 items which was like max 200ilvl? I mean avg ilvl
    While pvers were already 215+ i remember having like 31k HP meeting full m+ ppl with 36k+

This is the moment pvp and pve ilvl is crossing so pvers may think pvp is superior
    Bullshit only high end pvers are 215+. M+ is capped at 210 while pvp rewards 233

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    you can do 100 mythic+15 runs and get full 220, you can do 10000000 arenas and you'll still be hardstuck at 210 because you need to wait for weekly cap
    Mythic+ is capped at 210

10+ Year Old Account
    First step : disable covenants abilities in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    First step : disable covenants abilities in PvP.
    This 100%. But, it will never happen as if they were okay with corruptions in pvp …. (LOLOL) this isn't even as bad.
    Last edited by slime; 2021-01-20 at 01:07 PM.

There are several major bugs in arena right now like hunters "ressurecting" themselves with the necrolord+feign death bug, there is the pyroblast stacking outside of arena for 25k+ dmg, the DH legendary not working and there are like a dozen other bugs but whatever who cares at this point

none of these were fixed, so I am guessing Blizzard.... already abbandoned Shadowlands like they did BFA? what the F, I thought they were making tons of $$$$ this expansion in contrast to BFA

1800+ is like top 10% of players don't listen to those ppl who say its easy, average players sit on 1500
    And average m+ player does around +5-6 at the moment according to Warcraft Logs (they use leaderboard data, not only logs)

I'm 98th percentile prot paladin in m+, but haven't even timed a +15 yet. That's how "easy" it is to farm +15's... for 210 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Bullshit only high end pvers are 215+. M+ is capped at 210 while pvp rewards 233

- - - Updated - - -

Mythic+ is capped at 210
    I am 219 and my alt that dinged 2 weeks ago is 209, my alt that dinged last week is 199. I dont even touch PvE so idk what you are talking about. I am Gladiator since the first week tho but still, my alts are both sub-2100

PvP gearing is fine, and you don't need to do any PvE at all if you don't want to, and since last week I think you're probably better off only doing arenas for honor and conquest if your character is recently dinged, the time/ilvl investment is just good.

Also gearing through pvp is slow compared to any other way, still dont get why Legion system was removed, it was the best for pvp
    ???? PvP gearing is the FASTEST path to gear the game has had in ages. It is almost as fast as prior catchup mechanics which were designed to funnel you gear.

Oh, just to add this is the route I take when gearing:
    ding 60 -> do the entire campaign in 1 go, do some WQs to level my full order hall gear, go do torghast with ilvl around 180? (full covenant gear) get the 190 lego at floors 4 and 5, do the 2 daily bgs for honor to buy the 2 trinkets and go straight to arenas with about 190 ilvl. You'll be max renown by this point.
    the following week I did floors 6 and 7 and upgraded the lego to 210.
    Last edited by Nuba; 2021-01-20 at 01:13 PM.

you can do 100 mythic+15 runs and get full 220, you can do 10000000 arenas and you'll still be hardstuck at 210 because you need to wait for weekly cap
    Mythic + is currently the worst possible way to get gear. It is not efficient and is significantly harder than any other method M raiding included vs high end keys. PVP is easy getting 1600 is a joke which gets you 213 gear. 500ish conq to buy then just honor to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Mythic + is currently the worst possible way to get gear. It is not efficient and is significantly harder than any other method M raiding included vs high end keys. PVP is easy getting 1600 is a joke which gets you 213 gear. 500ish conq to buy then just honor to upgrade.
    I think his opinions are based on tweets of people 220+ ilvl by week 3 of the season because they were spamming M+ and Arenas (as in, multi rank 1 players playing 16 hours a day)
    right now I'd say that PvP is in a good spot, but its not "the best gearing path ever" like you mentioned, titanforge dumbness could net you full bis highest-ilvl-in-the-game in a week if you were lucky, rest in peperino

That said, yes, IMO PvP gearing is by far the best its ever been in comparison to other expansions PvP gearing

Kind of off-topic but it's weird reading that 1600 is piss-easy when it's the first time in 10 years that I see people in trade channel looking for mate to push 1400. Pushing 1400 rating. I'm going to be honest and probably embarass myself but it's really not that easy unless you : a. are very good at PvP (so that 1600 is really a joke) b. play a meta/broken spec (fire mage, boomy, paladin, warr, ww, shaman). I'm playing jungle with a hunter friend and PUG healers, while not being amazing or geniuses, we're both 2400 exp from BFA S1 (me, first season where I pvp seriously) and S4 (him) and staying above 1800 is hard as fuck right now. And like 80% of the games we meet people with the same exp as we have, also stuck around 1800. While other, more casual, friends who got 1600-1700 before SL are struggling to get to 1400. 1600 is doable for pretty much any class/spec and not that hard, but it's not a 'joke' in the current meta if you're not playing a meta spec. I really wonder what are the percentiles for arena rating right now.
    Last edited by Molov; 2021-01-20 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molov View Post
    And like 80% of the games we meet people with the same exp as we have,
    Play prime time if you want to farm noobs. Off hours its a shark tank where former high rated keep each other low.

People are also vastly underplaying the importance of playing meta to autofellatio their own grand gamer skillz. Never got far playing nonmeta comps with rl friends while doing 2.2 in a week with meta pug groups same time repeatedly over multiple addons. So whenever people say rating was easy they prolly got carried by their comp. It is easy if you play the right thing. Its not gonna happen if you think you can just yolo and play whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Mythic+ is capped at 210
    so they were 210+legendary + 2 pvp pieces made them like 213, while i was 13x 184 and 2x 226 after 2 resets
    link me single pvp item that is 233 and not a weapon

imagine if u were doing m+15 for 1 month, cleared all raid versions, and u would be 184 + 4 vault pieces only just because some unknown reasons pve players would spam 1231231231231 topic on blizzards forum
    Last edited by heheszek; 2021-01-20 at 03:10 PM.