Poll: Would you join The Patriot Party

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes the case for why Third Parties in the US are for dumdums. Third Parties are just:
    • A COINTERPRO of a foreign government or establishment
    • A vanity campaign for an oligarch
    Basically how Kanye's campaign was instigated by Jared and Ivanka, then propped up by some shitty GOP lawyers.

There's no shortage of dumdums that will part money and give it to some third party grifter.
    Then funnel campaign funds into family run businesses; hotels, advertising bundlers, or campaign consultants.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Democrats would become the permanent presidential party.
    It gives them an advantage for sure...but it gets trickier if the Dems can't get over half the Electoral votes

Alliance

I hope he does follow through with this. If only because I don’t think he’s smart enough to realize all it would do is split the Republican vote. Democrats would become the permanent presidential party.
    For a while, but not permanently. Watching the country suffer for a few decades under democrat leadership would lead more to #walkaway from the party.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And as I said, I'm less worried about that candidate becoming president and more worried about any congressmen the party would put forth getting elected.
    That's what I mean though. Trump getting banned just means he can't hold office... he can still form a party and still get people in congress. Probably put his son up as the heir apparent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    For a while, but not permanently. Watching the country suffer for a few decades under democrat leadership would lead more to #walkaway from the party.
    Ah yeah the one in which we're pretending Candace Owens isn't a grifter and that #walkaway isn't a social media stunt to fleece suckers, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as the United States, for the last 30 years, has only prospered when under Democrat leadership... I invite whatever political landscape a majority-ruled democrat government would bring.

Having a budget, employment, and/or market surplus that lasts more than eight years before a republican flushes it down the toilet might actually be nice for a change.

Can you imagine if Clinton's surplus lasted through the early 2000s under Gore without Bush ramming it into the ground by entrenching the US in wars we're still fighting and tax cuts and deregulation that led to a global recession that Obama then had to dig us out of before Trump crashed it into the dirt again?

This isn't nearly the threat you think it is.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-01-20 at 07:19 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It gives them an advantage for sure...but it gets trickier if the Dems can't get over half the Electoral votes
    I am unsure how it would go with presidential elections but wouldn't it much like the Senate run off races just take the 2 highest vote takers and they would run in a run off election? Also I am unsure is every election like that where one must get over 50% of the vote or is that a state by state thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I mean though. Trump getting banned just means he can't hold office... he can still form a party and still get people in congress. Probably put his son up as the heir apparent.
    I think it'd be a lot more difficult for him to pull in prospective people as an impeached, removed president, also hopefully embroiled in legal and financial troubles.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Yeah...just watching the economy grow year after year is really gonna cause some "economic anxiety"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...just watching the economy grow year after year is really gonna cause some "economic anxiety"
    Yeah but Biden might start allowing trans people to use the correct bathroom or something. /s

Reminder that was actually being pushed as a legitimate "concern" by Republicans prior to them burning down the government for the past four years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, the US has only ever suffered under Republicans. When Democrats are in power, they bring it back from the brink, and as things are starting to get good again thanks to Democrat policies, Republicans jump into power and suddenly claim all the credit for themselves. Fuck anyone who thinks the good economy in 2016 and 2017 was thanks to Trump. The economy had been improving constantly under Obama, and after two years of Trump policy, it suddenly took a nose dive. Now we're going to see Biden spend most of his presidency fixing what Trump broke, and assuming Republicans get back in power at the end of Biden's presidency, they'll take credit for all the Democrats' hard work AGAIN.

I really do hope Trump forms the patriot party. Split the fucking right wing vote in half and give Democrats the long term majority until the racists and bigots fold over on themselves as they rip their hair out from being the losers.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentGreymane View Post
    Makes the case for why Third Parties in the US are for dumdums. Third Parties are just:
    • A COINTERPRO of a foreign government or establishment
    • A vanity campaign for an oligarch
    Basically how Kanye's campaign was instigated by Jared and Ivanka, then propped up by some shitty GOP lawyers.

There's no shortage of dumdums that will part money and give it to some third party grifter.
    Then funnel campaign funds into family run businesses; hotels, advertising bundlers, or campaign consultants.
    There is a reason why third parties almost never run in elections other then the presidency. Most of them are fucking grifters looking for money from gullible people or glory hounds looking for 15 mins of popularity from their fans every 4 years. Also if you look at third party groups major backers and you see a lot of Conservative pac money. Wonder why you might ask, because people who would vote for a Democrat are much more likely to vote third party due to the varying ideologies under the Democrat tent while Republicans are almost monolithic in their voting ideologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think it'd be a lot more difficult for him to pull in prospective people as an impeached, removed president, also hopefully embroiled in legal and financial troubles.
    I think it could possibly have the opposite effect.

As you said, these people already feel like the republican party failed Trump. If they vote to remove him as well...Then they are, in the minds of these people, actively betraying him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I am unsure how it would go with presidential elections but wouldn't it much like the Senate run off races just take the 2 highest vote takers and they would run in a run off election? Also I am unsure is every election like that where one must get over 50% of the vote or is that a state by state thing?
    No, if no party gets an majority of the EC...The house of representative will elect the President from the 3 candidates that got the most. The Senate will then elect a VP from the 2 VP Candidates that got the most.

Now if the Dems can hold a majority in the House and senate then it's not an issue. But if either gets split 3 ways...then the dems might need the support of one of the other two parties to get their guy in.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-20 at 07:29 AM.

No, if no party gets an majority of the EC...The house of representative will elect the President from the 3 candidates that got the most. The Senate will then elect a VP from the 2 VP Candidates that got the most.
    Oh I know that about the EC count. What I am unsure of is at each state level does a presidential candidate need to get more then 50% of the states voters to get the EC votes for that state or is it just whoever is the simple majority past the mandatory recount minimum. If all is required for each state is a simple majority of the voters for a presidential candidate to receive the EC votes of that state then Democrats would win the presidency easily I have no doubt about that. Texas and Florida would flip so hard for Democrats. Texas was won by less then 6 points and Florida by less then 4 points. Even if Trump took only 15% of the Republican voters for his party then Democrats win both states easily.

I hope he does follow through with this. If only because I don’t think he’s smart enough to realize all it would do is split the Republican vote. Democrats would become the permanent presidential party.
    Or the Republicans could start catering to moderate Conservatives and move towards the centre whileTrump just hoovers up the deplorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not going to get anyone to
    a) say they're Republican
    b) vote on this poll, and
    c) do both of the above honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Oh I know that about the EC count. What I am unsure of is at each state level does a presidential candidate need to get more then 50% of the states voters to get the EC votes for that state or is it just whoever is the simple majority past the mandatory recount minimum. If all is required for each state is a simple majority of the voters for a presidential candidate to receive the EC votes of that state then Democrats would win the presidency easily I have no doubt about that. Texas and Florida would flip so hard for Democrats. Texas was won by less then 6 points and Florida by less then 4 points. Even if Trump took only 15% of the Republican voters for his party then Democrats win both states easily.
    Yeah, I'm really talking like worst case scenarios here.

And it may not be as simple as that anyway

There maybe Conservative Democrats that would look more favourably upon a Republican Party that was purged of the Deplorables.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-20 at 08:05 AM.

Democrats are the only party that are actually doing anything for anyone. And hopefully with the WalkAway bullshit being nothing but horseshit and being banned from places like Facebook, it will just go away. 95% of the people in that ignorant group, weren't actually Democrats when they started.

lol no, I would not join the nationalist party.

I'll continue to reluctantly vote Democrat until given a better choice.

Is the Patriot Party one of those badly put together anagram for Rioting Traitors' Party?

I'd love for him to put this together. It would tip the GOP over the edge and force them to realign from being a racist douchebag party.