taughast needs another nerf

it has come to my attention that players still struggle in taughast layer 8

we should all get behind lolites and open a ticket so it can be nerfed so he can complete the content along with everyone else.

#leavenomanbehind.
    Last edited by dadoodoo; 2021-01-20 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. I feel it is fine as it is now. Just needs to be more rewarding.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

old saying in my country says "only inteligent person can insult you" (roughly translated) so obviously im not insulted by likes of you

btw i realy hope ban you get for this thread which sole purpose is to insult me is worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    old saying in my country says "only inteligent person can insult you" (roughly translated) so obviously im not insulted by likes of you

btw i realy hope ban you get for this thread which sole purpose is to insult me is worth it...
    Man, the op is just trying to help you out. You stated you can't complete torghast (even though people cleared it week 1). So obviously it needs nerfed to cater to you specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No thanks. I feel it is fine as it is now. Just needs to be more rewarding.
    it is fine, OP just want it more difficult so he doesnt feel like moron for not being able to finish layer 1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Man, the op is just trying to help you out. You stated you can't complete torghast (even though people cleared it week 1). So obviously it needs nerfed to cater to you specifically.
    i finished it, as i said before, but i see you cant even read properly so i cant expect logic and reason from people like you and OP

yes please, easier is better, and not because its hard but because its so tedious i just wanna finish it faster

it is fine, OP just want it more difficult so he doesnt feel like moron for not being able to finish layer 1

- - - Updated - - -

i finished it, as i said before, but i see you cant even read properly so i cant expect logic and reason from people like you and OP
    Wow simmer down champ, the op is trying to throw you a bone. You are struggling with content and god forbid that ever happens to lolites. Better nerf it.

From experience as a ret paladin, doing it solo feels like a decent difficulty in the upper layers

Doing it as a 5man is just stupid easy honestly, sure it`s easy to die to obvious crap, but after a few anima powers everyone is just blasting so hard that not even the last boss lasts for more than 30 seconds in the runs i`ve done on layer 8

It should be nerfed into the ground, yeah. It's so god damn boring and tedious. Mobs should just have all their health reduced by 80%, would be the same difficulty as it is now but like 10x faster. Still wouldn't be fun, but at least it would be boring and tedious for less time.

10+ Year Old Account
    U kiddin me? L8 is faceroll. Its fun to roll half of the floor in aoe. Last week 25k-30k dps as shadowpriest. Cheers. 8L full run in around 20min? Its not a big deal to run it twice a week. And its fun imo.

make it harder as a group, tuning could be better
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

In my journey through Torghast to the end (TC L8) i failed only one run only due to be VERY UNLUCKY with perks... and i only started playing Retail 2 weeks ago after 3 years of hiatus.
    Totally new character from scratch and managed to do it without problems with ~190ilvl.
    I loved it but i think it is slighlty too easy overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    In my journey through Torghast to the end (TC L8) i failed only one run only due to be VERY UNLUCKY with perks... and i only started playing Retail 2 weeks ago after 3 years of hiatus.
    Totally new character from scratch and managed to do it without problems with ~190ilvl.
    that might vary a lot depending on class (and perks ofc), guildmates posted dps from there, both roughly on 200ilvl, one doin little under 20k the other over 140k, i never went over 50k total, another guildmate on DH tank had that much from immolation aura only...
    so i would say main issue is the terrible imbalance among specs
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-01-20 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dadoodoo View Post
    it has come to my attention that players still struggle in taughast layer 8

we should all get behind lolites and open a ticket so it can be nerfed so he can complete the content along with everyone else.

#leavenomanbehind.
    No but the place is just boring as all heck.
    Thats the problem.

Not that I struggle with layer 8 but in any case I would rather say that every spec should have those crazy one shot combos some specs seem to have. The balance in Torghast seems to be completely off from what I can see in other threads with mages hitting for millions, monks just afking while the everything dies to their vivify or lock pets tanking the whole floor no probs.

Meanwhile, I as a sub or outlaw rogue after getting lots of eviscerate dmg buffs, crit and versatility buffs and other dmg modifiers when grappling/ShS I get to crit for 30-40k tops XD. I might be playing wrong, but I don't see what combination of powers would make me faceroll stuff the way some other classes seem to do.

It does need some better tweaking. Better way of picking your powers at lest, if rng is not on your side a tc 18 floor boss will just one shot ya which isn’t really fun. Rather it be hard cause of other reasons that “sorry you get maw rat powers lol die” sort of runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    love this. you have potential my friend. you might be in the wrong game though.

Sounds like you will quickly outgrow what difficulty the game offers.

that might vary a lot depending on class (and perks ofc), guildmates posted dps from there, both roughly on 200ilvl, one doin little under 20k the other over 140k, i never went over 50k total, another guildmate on DH tank had that much from immolation aura only...
    so i would say main issue is the terrible imbalance among specs
    Prot warrior.
    I did not care about DPS since i was almost unkillable with all defense perks.

Quote Originally Posted by dadoodoo View Post
    love this. you have potential my friend. you might be in the wrong game though.

Sounds like you will quickly outgrow what difficulty the game offers.
    I just love dungeon crawler games. :P
    My irl friends and Toghast alone were the reason i started playing Retail again and i do not regret it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making troll threads to call out other posters is not ok. Don't do that.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)