Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    How Blizzard logic should be: "Hmmm... People seem to really like the PvP gearing system... and they don't seem to like too much RNG... let's make the raid and m+ gearing more like the PvP gearing!"
    I have a hunch they know that all too well and avoided doing so intentionally as PvP gearing is too deterministic for their taste.

Anyway, it would be great to have the PvP Honor/Conquest/Combat Rating equivalents for PvE along with gear vendors and gear upgrades.

In the what 8? weeks we raid now I got 5 pieces loot (and that includes a duplicate) from which I did not need a single one.

It's just a big disappointment and I don't see the reason to raid if the loot is so restricted, the only reasonable update to get is from the m+ weekly vault. So instead of "drops matter" they even lost value.

Imagine they introduce tier sets with the next patch and keep those drop rates, even if you start to raid all difficulties again (yeah!) it would probably take months to get the set bonus (and then it probably means random pieces with higher itemlevel are better).

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Small improvement but not my much tbh. The best system imo will always be to have the loot drop from the monsters we slay.
    Call me oldschool but i like looting a corpse and seeing the epic(s).
    Yea no and this call me old school crap is cute but what your suggesting is awful. The game became infinitely better when loot was made accessible outside of the raid and particularly through currency or more broadly determinism. Thats what the game needs. What we currently have is an attempt to recreate the "old school" albeit half assed. Really old school is even less loot, its 3 pieces dropping in a 40 man raid...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    I have a hunch they know that all too well and avoided doing so intentionally as PvP gearing is too deterministic for their taste.

Anyway, it would be great to have the PvP Honor/Conquest/Combat Rating equivalents for PvE along with gear vendors and gear upgrades.
    The common argument against deterministic gear is pace of gearing. People argue that everyone will be in BiS gear after 3 weeks. But that’s not true at all. Blizzard can very simply define a cap that slows down gearing. Which is exactly what they did with PvP gearing. It’s simple. And Blizzard themselves have commented that they are very satisfied with the current PvP gear system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzyswiftz View Post
    But in BFA we -did- have a lottery ticket in the form of our weekly chest, I will agree the vault is better, but are they not the same?
    I will also have to disagree on your second point, because in BFA (this counts as a prior expansion) I am more than certain, Id have received more than, 0 items or "nothing", for the posted amount of effort!

Thoughts?
    It sounds like you’re blurring together mythic+ (which was always based on a high item level weekly item) with the raid (which never did) into the same weekly loot pool despite the loot tables and requirements to obtain being different.

It’s hard to say you would have for sure got the items, bad luck streaks happen in older expansions, but the thing for sure is you never would have gotten an item off the raids loot table in your weekly chest. The weekly chest was limited to mythic+ only, and now it isn’t.

I still think the weekly chest over rewards mythic+, but with them keeping end of dungeon rewards (spammable) low maybe it compensates by having weekly rewards high, with a con of no catchup system and a large loot pool.

I do think raids should drop 4 for 20 people (1 per 5) because it makes the 10-30 flex scaling so much simpler and logical.
    Last edited by Argorwal; 2021-01-27 at 04:25 PM.

but the thing for sure is you never would have gotten an item off the raids loot table in your weekly chest. The weekly chest was limited to mythic+ only, and now it isn’t.

oooooooh bad dizzy, you're correct!

People still trying to understand the concept of RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycras View Post
    As title says, i've killed 28 HC bosses last 3 weeks, and all i got is 2 items... Yes, literally 2 items, out of 28 bosses. And guess what, i did not even equipped them since their stats were trash for my spec...

Oh wait, nowadays we dont get items from raids right ? ohh yea i totaly forgot that, in this expansion Raiders get the best items from M+ and PvP... yes, yes, thats %100 right, PVP... Best trinkets are the ones you get from PvP (Duelists)

So seriously, am i the only one who finds this system weird ?

As a conclusion, Blizzard needs to add at least a reforger to change our items' stats in exchange of ash souls (Just an idea)... maybe put a limit of 1 or 2 items a week...

But please for the love of god DO SOMETHING... !
    I made a thread similar to this. This loot system is garbage. But Ion will write a 2 page blue post reasoning with us as to why we're wrong and he's right.