Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Gearing in general is garbage this expansion outside of pvp.
    still people praise it because now gearing takes effort. I agree that gearing should take a bit of effort atleast. But the way its going now ? No I don't like it one bit.
    They will change it later I guess.

Slower =/= Garbage. Imo it is way better. For years I was "unhappy" with most drops, because it didnt roll higher. Now I am actually excited, because I want THIS item and I will have it until the next patch.

Imo, the system would be perfect if you were able to buy 210/213 gear with some sort of currency.

Quote Originally Posted by KK4D7 View Post
    Ok because the combination of gold boost and WoW tokens doesnt create a gate keeping pay2win environment. End it buddy.

(edit: did i forget to mention iO)
    Except you can run your own keys with groups you make which completely negates your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    another thread about this? isn't there a main thread already discussing this?
    Would seem if a large number of threads are being created about a topic maybe there is an issue going on. That's just me though not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycras View Post
    As title says, i've killed 28 HC bosses last 3 weeks, and all i got is 2 items... Yes, literally 2 items, out of 28 bosses. And guess what, i did not even equipped them since their stats were trash for my spec...
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    currently my vault is bals, i am 5 items away form full hc geared got 207 neck shoulders and ring, 203 chest and 200 weap which almost make the raiding side of the vault useless as im only 8/10 hc.

8x3 = 28 quick maffs

As title says, i've killed 28 HC bosses last 3 weeks, and all i got is 2 items... Yes, literally 2 items, out of 28 bosses. And guess what, i did not even equipped them since their stats were trash for my spec...

Oh wait, nowadays we dont get items from raids right ? ohh yea i totaly forgot that, in this expansion Raiders get the best items from M+ and PvP... yes, yes, thats %100 right, PVP... Best trinkets are the ones you get from PvP (Duelists)

So seriously, am i the only one who finds this system weird ?

As a conclusion, Blizzard needs to add at least a reforger to change our items' stats in exchange of ash souls (Just an idea)... maybe put a limit of 1 or 2 items a week...

But please for the love of god DO SOMETHING... !
    dont worry, they will add back tier sets, not increase the drop rates and everyone will complain.

- - - Updated - - -

lemme guess, because its fast? when did you start playing anyway. guessing - legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Slower =/= Garbage. Imo it is way better. For years I was "unhappy" with most drops, because it didnt roll higher. Now I am actually excited, because I want THIS item and I will have it until the next patch.

Imo, the system would be perfect if you were able to buy 210/213 gear with some sort of currency.
    thats probably the direction they go. because m+ isnt going to drop higher ilvl gear. and they arent going to let you buy mythic level gear with badges/valor/whatever. wouldnt be surprised to see pvp gearing get slowed down some as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    still people praise it because now gearing takes effort. I agree that gearing should take a bit of effort atleast. But the way its going now ? No I don't like it one bit.
    They will change it later I guess.
    they will change it. but probably not as much as people want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You can play as much as you want. I don't know what you're talking about.
    hes spouting the same garbage most posters do. he just want to go from "timegating" to "no content lolz" faster.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your insistence in pugging is bringing zero benefits to you.

In a core group, even if you don't receive loot your peers are receiving, increasing the overall power of everyone, while in a pug it's random people getting loot and they'll never see or help you again, and the game can't calculate that they received too much loot because there's always new randoms who deserve loot.

Also, it's normal to get 1 or 2 pieces of loot per heroic clear. 3 loots after 28 is completely reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh wait, nowadays we dont get items from raids right ? ohh yea i totaly forgot that, in this expansion Raiders get the best items from M+ and PvP... yes, yes, thats %100 right, PVP... Best trinkets are the ones you get from PvP (Duelists)

So seriously, am i the only one who finds this system weird ?

As a conclusion, Blizzard needs to add at least a reforger to change our items' stats in exchange of ash souls (Just an idea)... maybe put a limit of 1 or 2 items a week...

But please for the love of god DO SOMETHING... !
    Feel the fuckin pain bro.
    I don't remember seeing all you hardcore PvErs bitch when the ONLY way to get gear FOR ANYTHING even PvP, was to do DUMBASS mythic+-Whatever fuckin number you wanna put in there.

Same boss, shittier mechanics, PUG-LIFE groups who fuckin suck at a +4... Shall I go on?

Fuckin eat it bro.

L2PvP
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

I decided to switch from rog to hunter. It costed me about 700k for the bwe gear, but in just a week of playing Im ilvl 214. My lowest ilvl item is my 210 legendary, cos the progress is gated.

I dont think its that bad. A lot of gear can be purchased and in decent hc runs nobody wants dropped gear. Just find a guild

Atm i got 2 days 10 hours played. 0 gear from Pvp, i farmed just the weapon, but I dropped token from hc huntsman anyway.
    Last edited by Aureli; 2021-01-21 at 02:47 PM.

Did you use your 3 raid items from the Great Vault?

Quote Originally Posted by Chucknourishlol View Post
    8x3 = 28 quick maffs
    i've done more than 28 kills m8

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    before major patches or xpacs when we have done most of the content i go back to focusing on collecting transmog, but I find it's the only reason I log on now to do...outside of weekly quests for bastion, or world boss cuz it takes no time...
    not exactly much xmog content to farm when you've played for 10 years. mog and mounts are my go to tasks but i don't even want to bother with that anymore. i just feel like the devs in charge just can't understand the concept of respecting peoples time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    not exactly much xmog content to farm when you've played for 10 years. mog and mounts are my go to tasks but i don't even want to bother with that anymore. i just feel like the devs in charge just can't understand the concept of respecting peoples time.
    oh, mog for all classes, all raids dungeons quests professions, that is a big mountain to climbs..

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    28 bosses, 3 weeks, 2 items, and 0 stat upgrades even though they were ilvl upgrades... something doesn't add up here. Oh, right, they didn't include the 3 drops from the Vault and they probably don't understand how stat upgrades work in the modern game. Oh well, pretty typical loot thread for MMO-Champion, this expansion.
    I mean, I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, but I've got 24 boss kills total in CN (havent progressed into heroic much due to finding a guild and being a filthy casual now) and I've only gotten two items. One normal and one heroic version of the offhand token which was unusable for me. The vault drops don't really count as loot drops from raiding, imo. Charity gear doesn't feel as good as getting upgrades from the content you're working on.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    you're*

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Seems like you're going off topic.

My point is, there is a general consensus that the PvP gear system is better than the raid/m+ gear system. That's all I'm saying mate.

You would be right. The gear system for PvP is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. Like miles ahead. People are doing Rated Bg's more then anything cause their is none of that RNG shit. You go to the vendor and pick what you want. Raiding, however, is full on RNG. And I and believing in that bad luck protection crap. I ran full heroic CN and got 1 piece from the raid that week, but guess what it was the same pants I already had on so gave them to another person in the raid. The next week after that we ran full Heroic CN again and got no loot at all from the bosses..Nothing at all. Now I did get a trinket that I won from a roll but come to find out it wasn't even that good for me.

So all the people in this thread screaming that loot from raiding is fine. My reply to that is "Fuck that. No it isn't". It needs to be fixed. As of 1/18/21 I have stepped down from raiding cause it is just that bad to do work and kill those bosses and get nothing at all but 35 damn anima. The raid is great to do but the rewards at the end is such BULLSHIT. Not even sure why Blizz thought this was ok.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

It's not that it's slower, it's that chances are the only meaningful upgrades your going to get are from your weekly chest unless you happen to get lucky in a mythic raid. I'm already at a point on my main where the only gear upgrades I'm going to get is if I get it from my weekly chest or if i start mythic raiding again. The latter isn't going to happen so I'm effectively hoping that I'll get 1 piece of loot from my end of week chest a week.

In BfA, 8.3 I went more than 2 months without an upgrade, which started just few weeks in the patch. In TBC more than that, used a blue ranged weapon for 5 whole months after Karazhan who had 3 epic, was on farm.

Welcome to rng of World of Warcraft. The average luck is not what the OP presents, its all outliers.

And what would badges do? Gives everyone 226 gear if you farm mythic0 dungeons and LFR every week? Any suggestion to how it would work? Item level? Many weeks of farm to get one piece? Right now you can get 197 gear from pve vendor, farm anima, go buy or upgrade. Call them a-badges if it helps.

Do the content suited for you. Fuck gearshowering, its a detriment to the game.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-01-21 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    All the back and forth aside.

Raid loot clearly needs to have some sort of bad luck protection. If you do full 10 bosses raid clear you should at least have one drop guaranteed - it might be a sidegrade or even downgrade, but you absolutely should be having that and it's not something unreasonable to ask for, given it's activity that takes good 2 hours the least if not days.

So yes, I am glad Blizzard acknowledges there is a work to be done. I personally hope they will reintroduce some form of Azerite Vendor, where you can at least target a gear slot once per 2-3 weeks depending on slot power or so even with RNG token if they have to ~OR~ reintroduce weekly coins, because they do that one thing that is needed now - give some form of bad luck protection going.
    You do get a guaranteed item if you clear the raid.

Actually, a choice of 3 guaranteed items off the raids loot table.

See that's the problem..the system still needs something to make it good..I wouldn't mind this if there was some form of bad luck protection(and the seal isn't BLP) and they gave us a currency to work with to get upgrades...but when you dont get upgrades outside of your seal for weeks on end its a shitty system. It's gating progression stupidly...

I hate the current loot system so I did the only thing that made any kind of sense, I unsubbed and flipped Blizzard the bird, Plenty of other games that dont punish me for playing them with miserly loot systems.

As for the self centered people who do enjoy sadistic game systems .. meh have at it.

I play games to have fun not have them turn into yet another chore.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2021-01-21 at 04:48 PM.