Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Mastery is King for UH DK. Every point I give up in mastery in favor of another stat including strength I can see on the Damage over the fight especially long fights where I get more than 12 cast of Army.
    Can you link some sims of the issues you are facing so we don’t talk in generalities?

15+ Year Old Account
    I also have found upgrades only from PVP. I don't think any raid boss has ever dropped an item that was an upgrade this expansion. Come to think of it, I don't recall even finding any gear pieces from any raid boss. Just useless offspec legendary components and a very low amount of anima per boss that's not even enough to do a mission.

So I haven't touched raids in a while, and PVP I also stopped because of balancing issues. So just gold making now.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    As much as I hate to say it bud, RNG is RNG. It's happened to ALL of us. The first three weeks of mythic keystones, I literally got 1 piece of gear. ONE. Single piece. From COUNTLESS mythic keystone runs. EVERY SINGLE RUN, someone else would get the 1 or 2 pieces of loot. I almost wanted to quit.

And then suddenly my luck changed and now I have almost BIS stat pieces 200+ everything. I have a ways to go, being only 4/10 heroic, but it's a start. But everyone goes through this. Everyone.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I mostly raid log, don't farm M+ and I don't feel like I have a problem with gearing?

Honestly having raids apply to the weekly chest has been amazing, I'm otherwise quite used to not getting gear upgrades for weeks.

I think some of you need to stop being so focused on the gear and worry more about the content you can complete. You can still push for higher M+ or harder bosses or higher pvp ranking. Worry more about improving your player skill and accomplishment than what gear you get.

The important thing to me is my raid team, as a group, seems to be gearing fine and shows improvement in our progression every week.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I'd definitely love to see a graph of the actual dps differences between them which btw unless you're a machine with a perfect connection that nobody has the differences would be even less. Regardless, point still stands that there isn't a loot problem unless your entire raid isn't getting loot for 28 bosses. That's what I want to hear from these people crying. How many items dropped from each actual boss, not complaining that THEY didn't get loot(and not even they didn't get loot, but they didn't get the loot they wanted).

- - - Updated - - -

Stop that silly lie about valor as valor was typically not an upgrade for raiders(typically is the point as there were cases where it worked, filled a hole temporarily, etc). The great vault is better than valor, you don't get both and don't need a currency.
    dont put words in my mouth, I never said valor was better. foh

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    This is literally impossible with bad luck protection in place. So, you're lying.
    There's no more bad luck protection. They removed it along with reroll coins.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I didn't say you said it, I implied you were implying it by claiming "oh give us a currency". You just got stopped in your tracks so now you're backpeddling.

I think there may be a gear related tipping point soon for some casuals. Anyone who doesn't raid at least heroic, do M+ or participate in rated pvp has been fairly quickly pulled up to an ilvl just below 200 via a mix of covenant and unrated pvp gear. Unless they start doing those more difficult activities they're at most looking at one possible upgrade a week from their weekly vault (assuming they do any M+ at all) from here until the next tier. They've already got gear that outstrips the content they do (LFR, low keys, unrated PVP, world quests, etc.) and no way to improve it. It seems a really odd decision to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycras View Post
    As title says, i've killed 28 HC bosses last 3 weeks, and all i got is 2 items... Yes, literally 2 items, out of 28 bosses. And guess what, i did not even equipped them since their stats were trash for my spec...

Oh wait, nowadays we dont get items from raids right ? ohh yea i totaly forgot that, in this expansion Raiders get the best items from M+ and PvP... yes, yes, thats %100 right, PVP... Best trinkets are the ones you get from PvP (Duelists)

So seriously, am i the only one who finds this system weird ?

As a conclusion, Blizzard needs to add at least a reforger to change our items' stats in exchange of ash souls (Just an idea)... maybe put a limit of 1 or 2 items a week...

But please for the love of god DO SOMETHING... !
    If you are really that unlucky everyone else in your raid is lucky. So they can trade it to you soon. One ID and you are set.
    Best loost comes from Mythic raiding. Best trinkets mostly too.
    The weapon one is annoying that i agree on.

But seriously... no one in my raid group, around 30 people give or take, is that unlucky. I am sorry but you are a statistical anomaly.

I don't really do much Mythic+. Did my first 15 this week. No PvP. I am floating around 210 now. Which is more than enough to start Mythic raiding.
    People who did the other stuff are about 4 iLvl ahead. Not that much. And a few people are below me. But no one beneath 207 i think.

And we can trade around like crazy and disentchant half of it allready.

If you only do PuGs... well... thats on you.

I had a late start to raiding, did my first normal last week and first heroic this week. So between 2x normal clears (1 main, 1 alt) and heroic clear I had 3 items, 2/3 were very minor upgrades. My vaults have been dire, 3 ring duplicates, 2 bracer duplicates meant I had no upgrades for 2 vault weeks. At least most of my items were equippable minor upgrades.

But gearing is dire, when people say they have done 2 raid clears with no loot it makes my 1 loot per clear seem good, and 1 loot per clear feels awful, especially when it's low value loot all the time. One weapon drop would increase my performance more than the last month worth of vault items combined, a trinket would be up there too, my char is currently looking like a meme of what stats to not equip.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't really do much Mythic+. Did my first 15 this week. No PvP. I am floating around 210 now. Which is more than enough to start Mythic raiding.
    People who did the other stuff are about 4 iLvl ahead. Not that much. And a few people are below me. But no one beneath 207 i think.

Isn't that kinda the point, I'm 209 at the moment from M+ and just started heroic raiding in a guild who are also around 210 average among the raiders. The pvp'ers though are 218-220 ish. PvP if you're remotely decent is by far the best way to get loot, and if you can farm M+ at 15s you can get ilvl210 bits, and that also contributes to a superior vault (by comparison with heroic raiding).

Other than PVP all gearing sucks, but most raiders I know are geared from M+ and PVP more than from raids.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-01-21 at 11:09 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    If you are really that unlucky everyone else in your raid is lucky. So they can trade it to you soon. One ID and you are set.
    Best loost comes from Mythic raiding. Best trinkets mostly too.
    The weapon one is annoying that i agree on.

But seriously... no one in my raid group, around 30 people give or take, is that unlucky. I am sorry but you are a statistical anomaly.

And we can trade around like crazy and disentchant half of it allready.

If you only do PuGs... well... thats on you.
    Thats just what it is indeed, a statistical anomaly. And that's what the other posts about "didn't get loot for four resets!!111" is as well. My example of not getting upgrades in month 2 and 3 of 8.3(2 months+) is also just that.

RNG is RNG. If some people dislike the new loot design, valid. Complaining about bad personal rng, valid, it sucks and it happens. But to make a point that a game design is bad just because some players got shit rng is not valid, because it's just what you said: A statistical anomaly. If we were to go by that metric, every gear system would have been terrible lol. Our guild have not noticed this kind of rng either, because it's an anomaly. And it happened since vanilla. Bad rng is not why Shadowlands gear design is bad, or good. Same on the other side, having extremely good rng does not make the design automatically good. We have to go deeper than that. That's why posts like OP are useless in a discussion like this, because it does not show how it really is.

It's a good point you make, and something a lot of people don't seem to get: If you don't get loot in the raid, others in your raid will. Then the statistics will be very different from single persons complaining about bad personal rng. As I see it personally, the way gearing is now is very rewarding. To get that piece you really want feels very good again. Have not had this feeling since Convergence, Unstable Arcanocrystal and Tier sets in Legion. And just to point that out, it was too much gear in Legion too.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-01-22 at 01:20 AM.

Agree wholeheartedly that gearing is trash. Im falling behind the other members of my mythic raid team on ilvl because i absolutely -hate- pvping, unless im healing. Its really not a fun time for gearing this expansion.

It wasn't any different with titanforging crap. You would get loot, but instantly vendor/disenchant it because it didn't titanforge.

So instead of getting 10+ pieces of loot and only using 1 of them, now you just get nothing except those 1-2 pieces of loot. Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I didn't say you said it, I implied you were implying it by claiming "oh give us a currency". You just got stopped in your tracks so now you're backpeddling.
    what? gaslight much. jesus you're an idiot...you stated that i was lying about valor "Stop that silly lie about valor"...i never stated shit about valor and it being superior...who's back peddling again? cause it aint me. You're putting words into my mouth that I did not say, shut the fuck up and get lost

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It was cute this week for me, I got a 207 ring out of the vault and I was like yeeees! replacing this 184. But it gave me a copy of the ring I already had that was 203.
    Nice.
    Had that happen to me in a M+ last week. Got a 197 ring to replace my last 184, I was like whee! Bring out longboi, buy a ring enchant, slap it on, go to equip it. You can only equip one of that item. Much sadness.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

3+ Year Old Account
    So there I was...in the Silithus desert...hundreds of miles from civilization...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    lol.. Actively hindering your performance just to "stick it to the man". This is a video game not real life dude. You not choosing to get PVP gear won't effect Blizzard in any way and they have no reason to care.
    Keep feeding into bad design and continue to be a cancer on this game just as you are here. You've added nothing to this thread.

I have my own principles when playing this game and you clearly have none. The shortsightedness of your attitude towards the game is the primary reason amongst the playerbase as to why the loot distribution is a mess.

God forbid someone tries to stand up for change; we should all just be good little sheep for Blizzard, right?
    Last edited by Gilvain; 2021-01-22 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    You may not have said it, but I will I loved being able to farm Heroics and raids and still be able to buy useful gear after that.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do think it feels bad honestly, I know some of our Raiders are annoyed from having weeks where not one bit of loot drops for them besides the Vault. We also have a Death Knight who has yet to see a weapon from the Raid/Vault/Mythic+ and has 10 kills on bosses than can drop weapons. So he's gone through Normal and we're now at 9/10 Heroic and not seen a Weapon, his only upgrade was a 184 Mythic to the 187 Covenant Campaign.

As others have said, PVP gives the easiest and most consistent source of gear. I know some of the better Guilds on our Server and others are doing them and from our Experience we've ran against a lot of high IO Score groups with Mythic progress.

The Great Vault is a pain. I've come to the thing of looting it after Raid now, in case I get an item from there. The lack of PVE/PVP Box means I have to chose and item for one of the activities I do in a week. This weeks 6 options the best was a 1.2% upgrade so I just chose a PVP item. In addition regarding PVP items the idea of buying a PVP Weapon with Conquest feels horrific. The idea that you spend 3 weeks on one item feels rough when you can alternatively have 2/3 items instead and it can come from the Vault as well.

In regards to PVE Trinkets in PVP, a lone Rogue got through to our Prot Warrior and managed to solo him with a 30k Denathrius trinket crit being a part of the 4 second death. Just Rogue things I guess.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Gilvain View Post
    Keep feeding into bad design and continue to be a cancer on this game just as you are here. You've added nothing to this thread.

I have my own principles when playing this game and you clearly have none. The shortsightedness of your attitude towards the game is the primary reason amongst the playerbase as to why the loot distribution is a mess.

God forbid someone tries to stand up for change; we should all just be good little sheep for Blizzard, right?
    Well I like PVP so I don't agree with your opinion. You are overreacting just a little bit.

Extremely curious what this "163 trinket" is and what spec you play....
    Instructor's Divine Bell