Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is There a Major Video Games Company You Don't Own A Single Video Game From?

So since I have been self isolating recently, I went up into the attic and dug out all my old games from the Spectrum ZX, NES, SNES, Mega Drive, N64 and Gamecube and old PC CDROM games there to just sort through and see what I have for nostalgia (also I been meaning to clear up the attic)

While organising and reliving my 'wow I used to play that moments' I discovered some old games developers that don't exist anymore (seriously the amount of games I own made by companies swallowed by EA is depressing, RIP Origin Systems)

But one thing I did sort of notice, and its true to this day, I don't own a single UbiSoft game. I went online and checked their game history to see if this was true and it is, for a major games company I do not own a single Ubisoft game. As someone who has been playing video games for 30+ years and owns over 500+ video games this fascinated me. I am not sure why or how, there have come times I been close to owning a game from them but either never did or changed my mind but I have literally never went and purchased one before. I do not even have their launcher the only games launcher I do not have.

It also made me come up with this thread. :P

So is there a major games company you do not own a single game from.
    (also trying to think if I worded this title correctly)
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-01-20 at 09:45 PM.

RockStar. GTA games never really appealed to me.

Never owned a Nintendo console or played any of their first party titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Is From Software a "Major Videogame Company?" If so, then them. Never cared for the souls-style gameplay.

Other then that, I have not purchased any Nintendo games/hardware since the DS.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Epic Games. Both client and games that is.

kinda depends on what you define as "Major Game Company"

Wikipedia defines the 10 biggest as
    Tencent
    Sony
    Apple
    Microsoft
    Activision Blizzard
    NetEase
    Google
    EA
    Bandai Namco

Of which I do not own anything from Netease nor Tencent..and since I don't own any apple products I own nothing from Apple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does this matter? Is there some reason why anyone needs to own a game from every company? You like what you like and you don't need to get into something popular just because it's popular. UbiSoft games are generally mediocre anyway.

I'm doing my best to stay away from Blizzard, or anyone who's too cosy to the CCP.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

EA is Straight up garbage, they went from a rather decent company, to trash. Rip Origins is right, that game was great by a country mile and what followed that was pretty horrific. It is hard to put much faith in a lot game companies any more, due to the cash shop money grabs. It seems like games where you actually have to grind out are few and far between these days. The last 5 or so years of gaming has become a joke, People thought the real money auction house in Diablo III was bad, but take a look at most ever game released by EA these days, you have pay a buttload of money for the content, It is pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So since I have been self isolating recently, I went up into the attic and dug out all my old games from the Spectrum ZX, NES, SNES, Mega Drive, N64 and Gamecube and old PC CDROM games there to just sort through and see what I have for nostalgia (also I been meaning to clear up the attic)

While organising and reliving my 'wow I used to play that moments' I discovered some old games developers that don't exist anymore (seriously the amount of games I own made by companies swallowed by EA is depressing, RIP Origin Systems)

But one thing I did sort of notice, and its true to this day, I don't own a single UbiSoft game. I went online and checked their game history to see if this was true and it is, for a major games company I do not own a single Ubisoft game. As someone who has been playing video games for 30+ years and owns over 500+ video games this fascinated me. I am not sure why or how, there have come times I been close to owning a game from them but either never did or changed my mind but I have literally never went and purchased one before. I do not even have their launcher the only games launcher I do not have.

It also made me come up with this thread. :P

So is there a major games company you do not own a single game from.
    (also trying to think if I worded this title correctly)
    Never played any Rayman?
    Ubisoft makes mostly open world rpgs, so it doesn't fit for many of us. Don't think I have anything but Rayman from them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    kinda depends on what you define as "Major Game Company"

Wikipedia defines the 10 biggest as
    Tencent
    Sony
    Apple
    Microsoft
    Activision Blizzard
    NetEase
    Google
    EA
    Bandai Namco

Of which I do not own anything from Netease nor Tencent..and since I don't own any apple products I own nothing from Apple.
    You've never played league? Netease is largely a licenser for blizzard and other western games so you have kind of played their stuff. Apple is also primarily a distributor along with google.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    You've never played league? Netease is largely a licenser for blizzard and other western games so you have kind of played their stuff. Apple is also primarily a distributor along with google.
    Nope never played League and never had a want or desire to

Does HoMM 1,2,3, and 4 count towards Ubisoft? Technically when they released they weren't Ubisoft, they are now however.

I only care about the the game itself. So I doubt it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think EA has been under a boycott in my library longer than anyone. Like, I haven't bought a game of theirs in 15 years and any I do own came in like Humble Bundles on Steam. They are just a dog turd tier developer and they've been churning out trash for years yet the sycophants keep buying their garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    EA pretty much for 15 years now on boycot.

I never got any Konami games either. (contra doesnt count as it came with conzole)

CD project red is same. (i am kinda glad now i didnt support them ever)

I didnt buy a single game from Activision Blizzard since i perma quit wow (yeah fuck overwatch).

Tencent could also be counted (they did buyout miniclip tho -- but those were free games --- and i gave up on path of exile pretty fast without spending money)

Epic would be the same (well i play Satisfactory, but its steam version so they dont get a cut).

Pretty sure I never owned an epic games product. Same for tencent. I'm pretty sure I have bought at least one game from the others over the past 30 years, even if I haven't given nintendo my money in 2 decades (no regrets either).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I think EA has been under a boycott in my library longer than anyone. Like, I haven't bought a game of theirs in 15 years and any I do own came in like Humble Bundles on Steam. They are just a dog turd tier developer and they've been churning out trash for years yet the sycophants keep buying their garbage.
    EA is a publisher with an iron grasp on many developers. The actual developers are hardly the problem with EA though, there some games that aren't awful, but are hampered by corporate demands. Unless we talk about EA sports, pretty sure these devs are as hollow as the suits at EA.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Anything with EA slapped on it I've not bought for a very long time, at least 15 years. I refuse to give a cent to such a scummy company.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-01-21 at 10:26 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Pretty sure I never owned an epic games product. Same for tencent. I'm pretty sure I have bought at least one game from the others over the past 30 years, even if I haven't given nintendo my money in 2 decades (no regrets either).

- - - Updated - - -

EA is a publisher with an iron grasp on many developers. The actual developers are hardly the problem with EA though, there some games that aren't awful, but are hampered by corporate demands. Unless we talk about EA sports, pretty sure these devs are as hollow as the suits at EA.
    You are making excuses and trying to blame EA for having a hand in the decisions of companies like BioWare who have never made good games and they all follow a formulaic and generic style of gameplay. I also can't believe how awful games like Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect are, yet people act like they were the second coming of Jesus. Or like blaming EA for Dice making Battlefield 5, while trying to claim it's historically accurate despite it being contrary to reality. Ultimately the creative teams that make games under EAs banner are the ones calling the shots.

Also, I'll never forgive them for disbanding Westwood Studios and turning Command and Conquer into a tire fire that has never recovered.

Nintendo, never had their console and most of their first party games don't look that interesting anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though