Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Removing content. Yeah, because thats gonna happen. Gees, people these days...
    Disabling WB is more like actually adding content than removing it.
    Being able to faceroll the content by having double the intended power is not making the game better.

  3. #23
    i dont get it i dont see the point of this ptr build. I started playing mid be so if some1 can clue me that would be great

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    rip no changes
    And may it rest in pepperonies. Classic needed changes and is finally getting some. Important is the spirit of classic, not if there is spell batching, something they needed because of 56k modems and a latency that was extremely bad, not because it is neccessary nowadays.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    "Square" aspect ratios are objectively better. It's funny that they seem to be in style again (at least professionally). I've seen people rocking huge 4:3s more and more at work lately.
    Lol I feel stupider just reading this.

    Unless you live in Gambia no one is using 4:3.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Lol I feel stupider just reading this.

    Unless you live in Gambia no one is using 4:3.
    Having an extra 4:3 display for retro games is pretty legit. I've no idea how they are/aren't for professional usage though.

    OT: Good change.

  7. #27
    I do not play classic,
    but I remember spell batching being a thing when I played vanilla back in the days.

    For some reason I find it funny in PvP scenarios:
    - Mages sheeping each other
    - Warriors clashing and stun-charging each other
    - rogues kidney shooting each other



  8. #28
    Pandaren Monk Sinyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Sad, they at least could have reduced it to 200ms or 150ms, noticeable but not much of a problem for ADD-kids
    They still might. This is their initial starting point. I believe TBC has somewhere in the range of 200ms, although I can't find a source.

    The main problem with the batch window in Classic was that they put EVERYTHING on the batch window. Which was just lazy. Now people have gotten used to "cleverly using" the batch window to their advantage, and now almost all of that is gone. Blizzard could have just had spell batching at 200ms for Classic, then lowered it slightly for TBC to more closely mirror the feel of TBC.

    As I have said, and will continue to say... The feeling of authenticity is more important than 100% adhering to the "authentic" numbers from Classic. Something Blizzard does not understand.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    It is important to understand that this is only affecting PvP and nothing else.
    Are you saying the change is only applied to PvP or that Batching only effects PvP?

    Because Batching 100% effects PvE. If a mobs damage kills a player, but a heal landed BEFORE the damage and still part of the same batch, the player will still die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And may it rest in pepperonies. Classic needed changes and is finally getting some. Important is the spirit of classic, not if there is spell batching, something they needed because of 56k modems and a latency that was extremely bad, not because it is neccessary nowadays.
    i understand the flaws of spell batching, but unlike the other thigns they changed for the spirit of classic, this i think changes the actual spirit, evne tho spell batching sucked, it allowed for a certain combat. like the possilbity for 2 mages to poly eachother or 2 wars to charge eachother was apart of classic, now with spell batching gone that too will be gone

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    They still might. This is their initial starting point. I believe TBC has somewhere in the range of 200ms, although I can't find a source.

    The main problem with the batch window in Classic was that they put EVERYTHING on the batch window. Which was just lazy. Now people have gotten used to "cleverly using" the batch window to their advantage, and now almost all of that is gone. Blizzard could have just had spell batching at 200ms for Classic, then lowered it slightly for TBC to more closely mirror the feel of TBC.

    As I have said, and will continue to say... The feeling of authenticity is more important than 100% adhering to the "authentic" numbers from Classic. Something Blizzard does not understand.
    What happens when you have 40 different opinions on what the “right feeling of authentic” is from various developer and player sources?

    In the end, no matter what is picked there will be posts about it doesn’t “feel” right to them.

  12. #32
    Brewmaster Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,260
    Batching has no place in modern gaming

  13. #33
    Pandaren Monk Sinyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    What happens when you have 40 different opinions on what the “right feeling of authentic” is from various developer and player sources?

    In the end, no matter what is picked there will be posts about it doesn’t “feel” right to them.
    Good point. I don't know how ActiBlizz should/would handle it. But its painfully obvious they didn't even attempt to get an authentic feeling in Classic (outside of the 400ms batch window).

    It's part of the reason every raid up until Naxx was facerolled by every guild in the game. Itemization was based on the latest patch that fixed all the authentic issues that plagued Vanilla WoW up until near the end.

    To try to answer your question as myself, there was plenty of feedback in the Beta (mine included directly to Blizzard) that was just ignored. I really wish they would have put more effort into Classic. #NoChanges was and will always be a troll meme, but Blizzard apparently thought the majority of players actually wanted that. Even though the Beta feedback was essentially the opposite.

    Edit: To add, I have very little faith that TBC won't be just as bad as Classic if not worse. There are actual balance changes that need to be addressed. Otherwise TBC will just be 90% Horde. But as long as millions of people pay their $15 every month what reason does ActiBlizz have to care?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •