Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Ok sounds like you found the new mmo

You reached the pinnacle of solo gearing for WoW where to get the best gear you need to do group content. That’s not a game problem it’s a player choice.
    Its definately not a choice, its a compatibility issue. i didnt choose to feel unrewarded for the game i was playing and the content i did.

Which is why i came here looking for a new game.

Just checked a video for final fantasy and the guy said "everyone stacking highest ilvl gear in every slot on the 2nd week? pffffft everyone in final fantasy still dont have the boots that were released 2 months ago"

this sounds absolutely....perfect.

update:

fully built in ui customisation.........im already in love with this game and i didnt even download it yet

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    "Offline MMO" is a contradiction in words.
    yeah but that is actually what the .hack series was... an offline MMO since its based on the anime. also apparantly it had a PS4 and steam rerelease so thereyago

This seems like a thinly-veiled WoW bash/FF shill thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Isn't most threads around here?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're after a solo-friendly MMO, give Star Wars Old Republic a look.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Ive found what i wanted and im growing more and more excited with every video im watching.

I am happy that wow is rewarding for you. it wasnt rewarding for me! im sorry that you feel by me saying this and jumping ship i am insulting the game, wow is a great game if it suits what you want, it doesnt suit what i want anymore so im here, looking for a new mmo, which i have found.

bye!

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play Planetside 2 a lot. It's a MMOFPS. While you get the most out of it by coordinating with others, you can easily just join a big fat zerg and do whatever and have plenty of fun that way. It's free, so you might as well as give it a go, if FPS in a MMO setting sounds interesting.

Being free to play, there is some pay to win elements there, but not by much. Only cosmetics are something that you can't unlock by just playing the game. Some of the weapons can be expensive to get by just playing, but it's largely fine, as the starting weapons are, more less, just as good as the other weapons. The stats of the same type of guns are basically just shuffled around, so don't fret about not having too many toys to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    If you're after a solo-friendly MMO, give Star Wars Old Republic a look.
    Thanks but definately giving final fantasy a try, watched 3 videos and what i have seen

- similar combat system to wow
    - rewards are earnt over long periods of time and not gifted
    - the community is more friendly to new players due to a sprout icon being next to your name.
    - there is no alts, you change (something) to change your character (or something) basically its all alts rolled into one insanely flexible and (i will be powerful) toon. the absolute perfect opportunity for me to learn and flex my game iq on an individual level, once ive put in the months of work needed to get there.
    - customisable ui built into the game
    - pvp isnt as big a part of the game as it is in wow
    - NOSTALGIA! the music from ff7!

all this from 3 videos, one of which im still a quarter of the way through.

Just googled how many players in ff and it has 20million? compared to wows 4.8m depleting at a rate of 140.000 per year? really? is this true? why is world of warcraft the focal point of these forums and not ff? looks like you will have to change that soon, or does ff have its own version of mmo champion?

Or could it be that ff 20million players are all happy and have no reason to come to mmochampion to complain.
    Last edited by SoloMmofriendly; 2021-01-21 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloMmofriendly View Post
    Or could it be that ff 20million players are all happy and have no reason to come to mmochampion to complain.
    20 million accounts created, not 20 million active subs. Don't want that misinformation to spread again. To put that another way, WoW reached 100 million accounts created a few years ago but you surely wouldn't try to claim that they have 100 million active players, would you?
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2021-01-21 at 07:22 AM.

You should play ffxiv to realize how much better wow is.

First thought that came to mind was SWTOR. Just play class campaigns and enjoy your space epic from various angles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Okay. That's a bait thread for that FF14garbage.
    FF14 is not a solo friendly mmo. Not at all. It's a weeb mmo.
    But heh good thing the start is free to quickly see what garbage it is. I don't know how someone older than a 14 year old can play that game.

Noooooooo, no-one would do such a thing! /s
    But I do find it funny that so many bitter, former wow players that can't let go feel the urge to come to wow-forums and bash their ex and show how sexy their new love is

SWTOR or ESO

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Okay. That's a bait thread for that FF14garbage.
    FF14 is not a solo friendly mmo. Not at all. It's a weeb mmo.
    But heh good thing the start is free to quickly see what garbage it is. I don't know how someone older than a 14 year old can play that game.
    Who hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Noooooooo, no-one would do such a thing! /s
    But I do find it funny that so many bitter, former wow players that can't let go feel the urge to come to wow-forums and bash their ex and show how sexy their new love is
    Must be nice, living rent-free in their heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to saw WoW because I swear that game feels like a solo selfish experience even though you might be grouped with 4-24 other players.

SWTOR still has these best solo player storyline/progression. I don't how the game plays at endgame once you've been all the content or why you'd want to continue playing (apart from fandom and cosmetics).

ESO? Idk. Felt solo friendly when I played it.

I saw FO76 suggested. A fair suggestion in its current state. Definitely solo friendly and running into others is lore friendly.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-01-21 at 09:29 AM.

SWtOR is a great one that can be played both solo or with a group.
    Try that one. Some class stories are better than others (all are still really good compared to other MMOs) but all can be done 100% solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen anyone that has similar thoughts to me before...

Love wow but hate that they put power level behind forcing you into group content (time has taken its toll on the wow community and it's just a toxic hotbed ATM, though it never was that great to begin with) wish there could have been more things like visions so I can actually progress, however currently I'm pretty much stuck at 197 till the next patch no matter how much time I invest or good I play my character.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloMmofriendly View Post
    Its definately not a choice, its a compatibility issue. i didnt choose to feel unrewarded for the game i was playing and the content i did.

Which is why i came here looking for a new game.

Just checked a video for final fantasy and the guy said "everyone stacking highest ilvl gear in every slot on the 2nd week? pffffft everyone in final fantasy still dont have the boots that were released 2 months ago"

this sounds absolutely....perfect.

update:

fully built in ui customisation.........im already in love with this game and i didnt even download it yet
    Uh huh..... I think I see the point of this now....have fun in FF

You chose to not gear any higher than I’m assuming lfr

M+ which takes minimal time
    3 bosses in norm which is similar time investment

Going to FF thinking solo play is going to be any different...sure why not

Personally I’d suggest RoM simply because the leveling and gearing journey is 100% solo and the only thing you need groups for are temporary gear
    It has a multi class system that allows crossover abilities
    Guild wars if you wanna participate
    You can collect monster cards to buff yourself
    You can out level the instances and go in to get gear upgrades and if you are the right class you can do it to current content
    Getting BiS gear is a big grind due to the enchant system

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Never seen anyone that has similar thoughts to me before...

Love wow but hate that they put power level behind forcing you into group content (time has taken its toll on the wow community and it's just a toxic hotbed ATM, though it never was that great to begin with) wish there could have been more things like visions so I can actually progress, however currently I'm pretty much stuck at 197 till the next patch no matter how much time I invest or good I play my character.
    Could you get raid level gear without raiding in vanilla?