Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would say Elder Scrolls Online.

Great story and gameplay. It is "almost" like you are playing a RPG like Skyrim. Tons of quests, all of them are voice acted. You don't need to rush to reach max level or get best gear to do stuff. You can do whatever you want, wherever you want, whenever you want.

All of the contents are rewarding. "Best gear" for your spec may drop from a chest in a random area. You can sit back and enjoy the game without stressing about anything.
    Last edited by egethas; 2021-01-21 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloMmofriendly View Post
    i am looking for a new mmo to play that has depth and isnt so reliant on teamplay to have success.

I am not completely against the idea of forming parties / doing content with a guild / group i just need a game where your own dedication / ability actually has some weight, rather than the idea that if you log in you deserve everything that everyone else has gotten with minimal effort.

A game with some depth that is difficult, i was going to give guild wars 2 a try after googling "hardest mmo" however on reading the forums here it seems they are taking a path where your success depends mainly down to the strength of your party rather than your individual skill.

Ideas anyone?

I am a no lifer that will obsessively and unhealthily put my life into a character, im cool with that, what im not cool with is doing that for the same rewards / strength as someone that plays 6 hours a week.

Or being restricted constantly because the general power balance is level and players who are not very good and inexperienced are rocking into content that they are underskilled for, thanks to a huge part in handouts and a low ceiling toon power cap.
    Runescape probably. Both oldschool and new. It has one of the longest journeys to power cap that exist. I'd recommend even going ironman mode. It'll take you thousands of hours to reach the power cap. Getting maxed takes maybe 4000-5000 hours, then getting all the good gear maybe another 1000-2000 hours? Or even much longer?
    There isn't really anything else like osrs. Very very very long journey that you'll mostly do solo in an mmo. A lot of it is mindless grinding, few bosses that takes a bit learning, and even insanely hard like Inferno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genshin impact is not that bad (partys are not that important) and its mostly single player.

However you need a good resistance to gatcha games. But there are only 2 out of 8 zones out, so you can probaly wait 2-3 years and try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Could you get raid level gear without raiding in vanilla?
    Grand marshal set was obtainable solo and there has always been something soloable to allow you to progress from "welfare epics" to badge gear.

They make it extremely tedious to do though compared to just running a raid or two every week and some mythic dungeons.

Have never liked that aspect of wow, luckily i gain enjoyment out of other elements to offshoot the fact they don't cater to me.

Shadowlands would have been great except they cap you at 200 and you can't progress without a rated pvp rank. So currently stuck at 197-200 with no way to progress from that other than being forced to play with people i don't enjoy being around.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2021-01-21 at 11:26 AM.

I don't think you understand what an MMO is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloMmofriendly View Post
    Thanks but definately giving final fantasy a try, watched 3 videos and what i have seen

- similar combat system to wow
    - rewards are earnt over long periods of time and not gifted
    - the community is more friendly to new players due to a sprout icon being next to your name.
    - there is no alts, you change (something) to change your character (or something) basically its all alts rolled into one insanely flexible and (i will be powerful) toon. the absolute perfect opportunity for me to learn and flex my game iq on an individual level, once ive put in the months of work needed to get there.
    - customisable ui built into the game
    - pvp isnt as big a part of the game as it is in wow
    - NOSTALGIA! the music from ff7!

all this from 3 videos, one of which im still a quarter of the way through.

Just googled how many players in ff and it has 20million? compared to wows 4.8m depleting at a rate of 140.000 per year? really? is this true? why is world of warcraft the focal point of these forums and not ff? looks like you will have to change that soon, or does ff have its own version of mmo champion?

Or could it be that ff 20million players are all happy and have no reason to come to mmochampion to complain.
    I should note that the game I was talking about was Final Fantasy 11. It's the older Final Fantasy MMO. I personally fucking love Final Fantasy 14 (the game you're talking about) as it has one of the best stories I've played in video games and has great bosses, music, and classes, but it is definitely way more casual friendly. The only way to get the best gear is to do the highest raid difficulty, but compared to WoW, FF14's Savage raids aren't quite as hard as some of the later Mythic bosses in each tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Grand marshal set was obtainable solo and there has always been something soloable to allow you to progress from "welfare epics" to badge gear.

They make it extremely tedious to do though compared to just running a raid or two every week and some mythic dungeons.

Have never liked that aspect of wow, luckily i gain enjoyment out of other elements to offshoot the fact they don't cater to me.

Shadowlands would have been great except they cap you at 200 and you can't progress without a rated pvp rank. So currently stuck at 197-200 with no way to progress from that other than being forced to play with people i don't enjoy being around.
    So you are another person which blame game when problem is on your site.

Hey i like big mac sause but idiots in mcdonald force me to eat it with bun, salat, meat etc.
    I like live concerts but cant stand thousands ppl around me.

And so on.

FFXIV is probably the game for you, its more story driven and everything outside of dungeons can be done solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Who hurt you.
    LoL. Your post had me cracking up

- - - Updated - - -

Damn. This thread has so many pissed off fanboys. Now I see I shouldn't post anything if I should want to leave WoW and play something else. Like damn.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    final fantasy 12 or any other single player rpg title

The number of people in this thread that just saw the title and skimmed through the OP's post (if that), or don't know the difference between FFXI and FFXIV, has me rubbing my sore temples.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    LoL. Your post had me cracking up

- - - Updated - - -

Damn. This thread has so many pissed off fanboys. Now I see I shouldn't post anything if I should want to leave WoW and play something else. Like damn.
    To be fair, the OP had posted this in WoW General before it was moved.

I've never played GW2 in any other capacity than as a solo player. Works just fine, the game just doesn't feel like it's about power. I bought a set at max level and it lets me partake in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    To be fair, the OP had posted this in WoW General before it was moved.
    You know what this is true. But considering this is Mmo-Champion, how hard is it to post a comment saying try so and so game and then move along. Instead you got people with some pretty pissed off attitudes responding instead. And to be honest I think those salty ass folks would have hopped over into another section with the same ass comments even if this was in general forums or in off topic. But I guess that is just the toxicity of mmo-champion.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Kind of curious why you'd come to the "WoW General Discussions" forum to ask what games that aren't WoW that you can play.

But to answer your question: FFXIV might scratch that itch if you get over the sheer number fucking catpeople. If you like traditional medieval MMOs then give ESO a spin. And if you enjoy self-loathing and punishment then there's SWTOR for that. If you're feeling exceptionally frisky you can even give FO76 a spin as the game is significantly better in its current state than how it launched.

Good freakin luck with the bolded bit. Just when you think you're used to the cats though, here come the dragon people!

It's a great game though lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeros View Post
    So you are another person which blame game when problem is on your site.

Hey i like big mac sause but idiots in mcdonald force me to eat it with bun, salat, meat etc.
    I like live concerts but cant stand thousands ppl around me.

And so on.
    In mcdonalds you can get toppings taken off to suit your wants. When i was doing keto I'd regularly ask for the burgers without buns (they serve it to you on a little platter)

In a mcdonalds comparison it would be-

I enjoy the burgers , though the vegetables and bread are 15 years old. Also everyone in the building is screaming and comparing the sizes of their burgers with everyone else. Unfortunately because i don't want to sit with the other people in the building i get a smaller burger and it takes twice as long to be prepeared despite paying the same amount. I hope they make bigger burgers for people that don't want to sit with others, i don't mind paying more or waiting longer for it to be served.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2021-01-21 at 03:28 PM.

If you are a no-lifer that gets attached to their characters, I would advise against ESO for the reason I abandoned that game: at some stage they decided that the way to go forward is to make major balance/ability changes (some to the level you would get at the beginning of expansions in WoW) every 3-6 months. For a year it was literally every 3 months and it meant that whatever build you were creating, trying to learn to use and gear-up for was potentially obsolete if parts of it were targeted by any of those changes, BEFORE you even got that chance to finish setting it up, never mind having fun with it. Additionally. if you like pvp you could be doubly fucked because while you were going down, others were going up purely because the devs decided so.

However, if the above (and a moronic increase in dungeon difficulty even on normal level with each new dlc) does NOT sound like something that would bother you, then ESO is a pretty good game in its own way (but not perfect by any stretch).

I would also vouch for GW2 being a descent solo-friendly game, same with swtor (even if it feels like its age tbh). I haven't touch FFXIV in ages so I can't comment on that.

Either way, have fun with your selection.

15+ Year Old Account
    ESO.

Or SWTOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

'Solo MMo' sounds like oxymoron for me...

Star Wars: The Old Republic I think is the best MMO for the mostly solo player Story driven quests, pleasant overworked, many side activities, significant solo progression and of course the AI companions essentially allow you to solo a huge amount of content.