Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Apex is not an AoE legendary. It's a funnel/flexible legendary. For actual AoE you want Circle.

I just prefer the balance Apex gives on aoe vs bosses. I main guardian/balance, and only dabble with feral once in a while, and I found this legendary fun to use and lets me perform well. But I get what you're saying for pure AoE.

Edit: And looking at the top ferals for M+ on raider.io, they are all using Apex.
    Last edited by BraveNewWorld; 2021-01-25 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    I just prefer the balance Apex gives on aoe vs bosses. I main guardian/balance, and only dabble with feral once in a while, and I found this legendary fun to use and lets me perform well. But I get what you're saying for pure AoE.

Edit: And looking at the top ferals for M+ on raider.io, they are all using Apex.
    Sure, it's a good M+ legendary(because it allows for priority damage which a lot of groups lack), but the person I was responding to was complaining about lack of AoE, which isn't really what Apex does.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    While the total damage from the Multi-Shot is actually on par with a good amount of other AoE abilities, it just doesn't feel like much.
    The problem is that it actually just isn't any more.

Beast Cleave is our only baseline AOE ability and it doesn't do nearly enough damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I would suggest one of two changes myself.

1 - Multi-shot also reduces the CD of Kill Command, 1 second per target hit. This will create a very sastisfying feeling of being able to Multishot->Kill Command and repeat for as long as you have the focus income.
    2 - Cobra Shot extends the duration of Beast Cleave by 2 seconds. This isn't quite as sastisfying as the earlier suggestion since, again, Beast Cleave isn't that visually noticeable.
    Extending the duration of beast cleave would do nothing. You can already maintain it 100% of the time. It just doesn't do enough damage.

My suggestion is really simple:

- Stomp Baseline
    - Rapid Reload to replace Stomp in that talent row
    - Buff Aspect Of The Wild to actually do something so RR is relevant.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2021-01-26 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    The problem is that it actually just isn't any more.

Beast Cleave is our only baseline AOE ability and it doesn't do nearly enough damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Extending the duration of beast cleave would do nothing. You can already maintain it 100% of the time. It just doesn't do enough damage.

My suggestion is really simple:

- Stomp Baseline
    - Rapid Reload to replace Stomp in that talent row
    - Buff Aspect Of The Wild to actually do something so RR is relevant.
    The problem is that BM is a beginner’s spec. It’s not meant to be competitive. BM is basically a tutorial spec that new players can use while they learn the basic mechanics of the game.

BM needs a buff and it needs better legendaries. Soulforge feels terrible to use. The devs also need to think really hard about why Hunters needed a melee spec and delete SV.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The problem is that BM is a beginner’s spec. It’s not meant to be competitive. BM is basically a tutorial spec that new players can use while they learn the basic mechanics of the game.

Yes and no. It's the only true mobile spec in the game, meaning you can do your rotation and manage your pet's frenzy while on the move. Once upon a time, it used to be the easiest spec to play--Steady Shot KC macro in TBC? This however does not mean it's still the same spec. BM has also changed drastically over the years.

These absurd statements makes me wonder if people like you actually play more than one specs in this game. Most classes are as easy as BM and some specs have even less button mashing/facerolling or resource management. Frost DK, Assassination rogue, Ret pally, Havoc are just as easy and they don't have to rely on terrible pet AI, pathing, etc. In BFA, SimC actually had APM (Action Per Minute) which showed assassin rogues, frost mages, destro locks, frost dk, arms warriors as the 5 specs that had the least APM. Take those stats as you will. Just saying most specs are now beginner friendly and easy to play. BM is an easy spec sure, but if you think most specs are "hard" in this game then you really need to give those specs a try.
    Last edited by s0ul; 2021-01-28 at 08:15 AM.

I timed some 16 but still get kicked prepull from most PUG groups because I "have the wrong spec". I can only play with my guild...
    I play with rylak lego and I'm doing between 5k and 6k dps in good runs, most of time first or not far from first dps
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-01-28 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    I timed some 16 but still get kicked prepull from most PUG groups because I "have the wrong spec". I can only play with my guild...
    I play with rylak lego and I'm doing between 5k and 6k dps in good runs, most of time first or not far from first dps
    Got the same problem. I do dont do as near as high keys you doing, my highest i have done is a 9 if i remember right. And sometime when i sign up for a group i can get a whisper with something like ''MM?'' And i respond back ''No BM'' and then they decline my sign up. Or when i get a inv they see i play BM boom instan kicked. Don't happen every time but ofc is getting a bit annoying at the end.

Link to Blizzz saying this.

That is utterly and purely false. There is no such thing as a "tutorial" spec.

Best thing about BM is running and shooting at the same time. So much fun

MM so many spells you have to stand still to shoot which is lame and blows. Unless they're gone in Shadowlands?

I haven't played MM spec since Legion, it was known as the single target spec, really not good with AOE. So what new spells or changes were made to MM now?
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-01-30 at 06:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well then what about BM domination in BfA?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Link to Blizzz saying this.

That is utterly and purely false. There is no such thing as a "tutorial" spec.
    I wouldn't be surprised really if BM gameplay was designed so less skilled players could play comfortably. This opinion been floating around fr a few years.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Best thing about BM is running and shooting at the same time. So much fun

MM so many spells you have to stand still to shoot which is lame and blows. Unless they're gone in Shadowlands?
    The only spell you can't cast while moving is aimed shot. Steady shot and Rapid Fire are the only 2 abilities that have a cast / channel time but both are usable while moving.

Everything else is instant cast (including all the talents)

Not sure what was different before shadowlands.

I've stuck with BM because it's what i'm used to and I can't be bothered dying to easy mechanics while my attention is distracted by different abilty cooldowns and spec flow to what i'm used to. Basically i'm too lazy to adapt and don't care enough to make the effort because for my guilds level i'm performing well against my guild mates. Now BM is getting a slight buff it will be even less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I won't go into detail about your rant, but I would agree with the conclusion that BM indeed needs some sort of buff.
    I've switched to MM for M+ for the first time in many years because the AoE of MM is 30%-50% stronger than BM at the moment.
    I still play BM for raids though as the single target dps is still okish and i just like the playstyle more in raids.

Personally I would like to see a small single target buff (5%?) and a big boost to AoE. (Maybe just increase the beast cleave damage% or buff Multi-shot)
    And, this is why I no longer play the game. When there is a "right spec" to play it doesn't make the game fun. I play a game right now which doesn't measure every point of damage you do and compares it to other people in your same group.

The "mini game" in wow isn't just beating the boss it is doing more DPS than other people in your group. That's not fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    And, this is why I no longer play the game. When there is a "right spec" to play it doesn't make the game fun. I play a game right now which doesn't measure every point of damage you do and compares it to other people in your same group.

The "mini game" in wow isn't just beating the boss it is doing more DPS than other people in your group. That's not fun.
    Ye, no. This attitude fits farm bosses, but every half serious progress player will know, that fight execution > DPS. If people DPS whore in these situations, then they are simply doing it wrong and are fucking up their progress. And just because there are right specs to play, it doesn't automatically mean that there are wrong specs.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well then what about BM domination in BfA?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't be surprised really if BM gameplay was designed so less skilled players could play comfortably. This opinion been floating around fr a few years.
    IT isn't. It is a myth. People give that opinion to look down on BM, not because it has any validity.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post

There has never been a time where classes didn’t have a “right” spec...

Also this is mainly a bleeding edge problem where guilds need every advantage or a pug problem where leaders have so many applicants for dps they can be as picky as they want because they can. You can get 20 dps to sign up in less than 2 minutes, all faceless cross realm players, why wouldn’t you pick the safe meta choices when applicants are so plentiful?
    Last edited by Argorwal; 2021-01-30 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    I understand how you feel, but I have to say as a Feral druid my aoe is nonexistant so I think youre lucky if anything. I can barely hit 5k dos at best on aoe, brutal slash is 5 target capped and trash hits even less than multishot. Its completely fkd. I have to keep apologizing throughout m+ runs cuz my aoe is dogshit. Also I never understood how balance worked and I dont like the playstyle, even if I was forced to play balance id do less dmg cuz I just dont fit that spec, dont understand it even though ive watched alot of guides.
    You should be playing Primal Wrath in M+ as feral, not Brutal Slash. Feral has uncapped AoE and excels at sustained AoE damage. I have 0 issues keeping up in AoE and Feral's burst st /w Nfae is more than enough to keep me at the top on a boss fight.

can you just stop this bullshit nonsense already. There is no such thing as a beginner spec or tutorial spec. It has never been. Every spec in wow is supposed to be same, as evident with the removal of hybrid tax. There are several specs as easy or even easier then bm. So stop talking out of your ass

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    BM changes will come. Likely, in the form of secondaries increasing as the expac goes on which will (just like always) put BM on top again.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.