Macro x2 /console commands to 1 key? and hide it on my actionbars?

Hey, there are 2 /console commands I frequently use to change graphical settings in-game depending on the areas I'm in, but I have to macro them to two seperate keys, is there a way to make a single macro with these 2 seperate /console commands that can alternate between them both on the same keybinding? Also.. I am a streamer and I don't want people to see me press this macro on my actionbar because I'll get too many people questioning me what the macros are for Is there a way to completely hide a macro from my action bar so nobody can see it being pressed? And still have it work/bound to a key? Btw I use the default WoW UI and want to keep it that way if possible haha, thanks.
    Last edited by Zangnak; 2021-01-21 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zangnak View Post
    Hey, there are 2 /console commands I frequently use to change graphical settings in-game depending on the areas I'm in, but I have to macro them to two seperate keys, is there a way to make a single macro with these 2 seperate /console commands that can alternate between them both on the same keybinding? Also.. I am a streamer and I don't want people to see me press this macro on my actionbar because I'll get too many people questioning me what the macros are for Is there a way to completely hide a macro from my action bar so nobody can see it being pressed? And still have it work/bound to a key? Btw I use the default WoW UI and want to keep it that way if possible haha, thanks.
    Or you just explain to your stream what the macro does? Seems to me like you are trying to hide something. Ashamed that your computer cant handle the graphic in some areas? Dont want your streamers to think your computer suck? Hiding it will only make it worse the day they notice it and speculation will just be all over the place. Cheating with third party stuff? Abusing bugs? and so on

Number 1 rule of any streamer wanting to get somewhere, be honest and truthful. It will come back and bite you in the ass in the long run if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadarkath View Post
    Or you just explain to your stream what the macro does? Seems to me like you are trying to hide something. Ashamed that your computer cant handle the graphic in some areas? Dont want your streamers to think your computer suck? Hiding it will only make it worse the day they notice it and speculation will just be all over the place. Cheating with third party stuff? Abusing bugs? and so on

Number 1 rule of any streamer wanting to get somewhere, be honest and truthful. It will come back and bite you in the ass in the long run if not.
    No one gives a crap about what you just said. Just answer the question if you can, clearly you can't.

Appreciate it, you may be right but not the advice I asked for.
    and no, simple console commands to alter graphics, no cheating or bug abusing lol
    Last edited by Zangnak; 2021-01-21 at 10:09 AM.

/console [...]
    /stopmacro [mod]
    /console [...]

So if you press the key without any mod it will execute the second console command, and if you press any mod like shift it executes the first.

You can put it in any action bar in the standard ui, bind a key and hide the action bar in the settings.

You can hide action bars in the Interface Options. That's the only way I can think of to hide the use of a macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    /console [...]
    /stopmacro [mod]
    /console [...]
    Thank you, is there any way to make this macro work without a [mod]? Just alternating between both on the same keybind?

Quote Originally Posted by Zangnak View Post
    Thank you, is there any way to make this macro work without a [mod]? Just alternating between both on the same keybind?
    That depends on what your commands do, then you might be able to make a conditional /run lua code.
    If you change a single simple setting you could query it with https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/API_GetCVar and set it with https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/API_SetCVar.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    That depends on what your commands do, then you might be able to make a conditional /run lua code.
    If you change a single simple setting you could query it with.. and set it with .
    Hmm do you know if this would be possible with /console maxfps 0 and /console maxfps 144 as an example? Ty
    edit: thanks, think i'll be able to figure it out from what you sent me now.
    Last edited by Zangnak; 2021-01-21 at 11:47 AM.