Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    They didn't add a single one. They altered a given race, slapped a play requirement on it and called it "new". Stop being suck a massive fan boy and stop sucking their dick. The game fucking sucks now. Nothing new is added without requiring you to farm exalted rep do 1.8 billion dungeons and farm 2 trillion raptor assholes. And even then it's not new. It's just the same shit you already have slightly changed.

You do know WoW STILL has the worst character customization of any modern game. Fucking cellphone games have better character creation.
    How are the kultiran altered versions of current races?
    How are nightborne altered versions of current races?
    How are zandalari altered versions of current races?

Accept it, they added a TON of new races to the game this last expansion, more then all past expansions combined, and times 2.
    and lolol wow has amazing customization compared to some other games of this time, wtf you talking about?
    Show me a cellphone game that has better charecter creation...

"requiring you to farm exalted rep do 1.8 billion dungeons and farm 2 trillion raptor assholes"
    1. you dont require exalted rep anymore
    2. 1.8 billion dungeons? most of them dont require a single dungeon, let alone 1.8 billion, they make you do ONE max.
    3. wow lol yes, sure.

but yes zandalari and their dino forms are for sure just the same shit we have, but SLIGHTLY changed, same for kultiran.

mate you forgot they added races in bfa and got called out, you dont need to dig a hole so deep you could fit your ego in just to try and avoid admitting you're wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Don't believe everything you read online.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316889/...t-swapping-tim
    yeah people just dont read, you literally upon entering the maw, jaina having only been gone days, but she says "we have done this countless times"
    if anything we would be there for 2 years, but come back and find out it was 15 minutes ago we left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    It is funny how similar this is to FFXIV's shadowbringers expansion. Players go to a different realm to fix issues before they go back.
    Funny how similar FFXIV's shadowbringers expansion is to Legion where players go to a different realm to fix an issue before they go back.
    Funny how similar FFXIV's shadowbringers expansion is to Warlords of Draenor where players go to a different realm to fix an issue before they go back.
    Funny how similar FFXIV's shadowbringers expansion is to The Burning Crusade where players go to a different realm to fix an issue before they go back.

Quote Originally Posted by belicus View Post
    You're being disingenuous here as it's pretty obvious what he means. This expansion is very grindy for very little reward. Even the campaign quests are made to not give you rep with the faction this time around, as an easy example.
    Mobile games generally implement grindy mechanics to encourage you to pay to skip the grind. WoW is implementing the same kind of mechanics to artificially extend its playtime so you pay more for the subscription, which is just stupid. This is bad because nonmobile gamers are accustomed to staying around for interesting gameplay so they feel cheated when Blizz puts in a mission table instead of, I dunno, Warcraft 3 skirmish games in WoW.
    WoW has had grindy mechanics from the start - stuff like random loot drops, raid lockouts and rep grinds are all mechanics put in to "artificially" extend playtime so you pay more for the subscription, there's a reason it's always been described as a Skinner box with graphics. In fact the expansion where they didn't "artificially" extend the playtime as far was WoD and that got loads of complaints because people were running out of things to do. Even single-player RPGs put in grinds to "artificially" extend playtime just so they can say there are X hours of gameplay. It would probably be more accurate to say that mobile games copied RPG mechanics to extend their playtime.

Like I said at an earlier point, the only part of the game that really bears resemblance to a basic phone game is the mission tables and they've been scaled back in relevance since their introduction in WoD to the extent you can really ignore them in this expansion. Saying WoW is becoming like a mobile game is as daft as claiming it's an "Asian knockoff" - it's just people have heard those phrases relating to something bad and decided to use them for WoW without putting any though or understanding into what they actually mean.

It is funny how similar this is to FFXIV's shadowbringers expansion. Players go to a different realm to fix issues before they go back.
    Ive heard this said a fair bit. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I susspose.

From a quick read it seems more like WoD with the FF game sending you to a parallel universe, not a spiritual plane of this universe, thought the FF one seems a lot more divergent.

Shadowlands feel like what Warcraft would feel like, if Warcraft felt like crap.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It doesn't feel like Warcraft because the current dev team wants to write a fanfic with self-insert OCs instead of expanding on original Warcraft lore.

5+ Year Old Account
    But the SB story was far more solid than what we have seen of SL's, so far. For starters, SB didn't need to retcon like half of the existing lore or to shove a Mary Sue down everyone's throat just to be functional.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Blame the purple haired fatty women and young male hipsters at blizzard for that

In all honesty, I too had a feeling of "this is cool, but feels more like a new game than Warcraft". Which isn't a bad thing, just something I noticed.

Now frankly? I'm sick of seeing existing races "showing up and building towns" in EVERY freaking new zone we encounter. It legitimately ruins the game for me. I'm sick of human and Orc architecture, and I'd legitimately be happy to never see buildings from either faction ever again. I like the idea of "exploring unknown territory", and when there are already settlements, it kills that vibe.

I do wonder what the Shadowlands will represent for WoW long-term, though. I suppose D&D long prior established the idea of visiting "different planes of existence", so it could work. I think the Shadowlands feel way too "Good vs. Evil", though, and that's a recurring problem with WoW. Would be nice to see them abandon these "big narratives", and focus on actual world-building. I believe it's one of the reasons The Mandalorian is so well-received.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    But the SB story was far more solid than what we have seen of SL's, so far. For starters, SB didn't need to retcon like half of the existing lore or to shove a Mary Sue down everyone's throat just to be functional.
    It was also alluded to multiple times in past expansions and storylines, with proper buildup leading up to it, and wasn't abruptly introduced into the story as shock value.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

This jar filling stuff for a covenant purpose for a talent tree of some shit and power in the conduct of the after life

Yeah indeed, Complete turn off

Quote Originally Posted by belicus View Post
    Previous expansions all added new places and creatures, but they brought existing elements there as well. You would find the classic races of Azeroth building settlements there, you'd see murlocs, goblin towns, human castles and so on.
    Shadowlands doesn't have any of that. It's all completely different to the point where it feels like I'm playing some chinese knockoff of wow.
    Even the loading screen looks more like something out of Narnia and that movie sucked.
    Also, the fact that they added a bunch of existing characters that just sit in a corner in Oribos doesn't help.

This is my main gripe with the expansion and wanted to ask if anyone feels the same way.
    TBH the afterlife seems way too much like Azeroth IMO. Could have gone weirder.