Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    After the last two seasons of GoT my expectations are very low on this one.
    As long as Dumb & Dumber are not the showrunners then the expectations for anything GoT does reach quite high levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    As long as Dumb & Dumber are not the showrunners then the expectations for anything GoT does reach quite high levels.
    They were decent showrunners until they started to think they were the reason the show was such a success and not the source material. Whenever they deviated from the books it became extremely evident that they were complete hacks when it came to writing.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    After the last two seasons of GoT my expectations are very low on this one.
    I just hope it's decent enough, don't care if most don't watch, it's understandable they wouldn't want to.

Also no titties nor dragons will turn many people away...

Me, I just want to see bloodraven n goofball dunk, hopefully banter with egg will be good.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-03-04 at 03:47 PM.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Yes, not even D&D could screw this up (while I dislike them, I have to admit they are damn awesome at adapting works that have already been done...I honestly blame lardass for spending his years eating donuts n never finishing his books...
    Well then you should blame HBO for paying people and commissioning a series that was so many books from being done.

Martin has never been a 'book every 2-3 years' writer. He wasn't close to finishing the series when they started scripting and shooting this show. To believe that by season 5-6 of the show (so 5-7 years later) he was somehow going to produce not just one...but 2+ books to wrap the series up is living in a fantasy. So at launch - someone was going to have to 'write the ending' that wasn't Martin.

Martin had established his writing pattern; HBO wanted to pay the bucks to start the show and that's who they picked to flush out whatever story (i'm sure they knew) wouldn't get completely finished. So blame HBO.

Me, I blame the people doing the bad writing and directing. *shrugs*
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.