Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    20 seconds? It doesn't take 20 seconds to drink. Even 10 seconds of drinking will yield at least 60-70% mana.

Nowhere did I say I wanted to "top off to 100%", so I'm not sure why you're basing your argument around that..
    Oh Jesus, a sensitive one. How the hell are we supposed to know what you've been doing?

AS for the mana message, you might try having it also send directly to the tank and be more specific. I've run across healers who will drink if they're close to 50%... in heroics. So just saying you need to drink might mean something different to a tank than it does to you. A message like "I'm under 30% and drinking up" etc lets them know you're really low vs being a paranoid healer.

I've got a WeakAura that automatically sends a message to the party when I drop below 30% mana
    This gave me an idea for a WeakAura but it seems someone already made it for me

https://wago.io/1BmNDcs5B

Party healer mana indicator.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Then there is always 5 sec to drink back 30-40% of your mana between packs, and you are just doing it wrong
    Combat does not always drop immediately. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Also nice cherry picking a number and ignoring everything else
    The rest of your post wasn't worth replying to. No need to throw a hissy fit when someone points out that you're wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh Jesus, a sensitive one. How the hell are we supposed to know what you've been doing?
    Because I explicitly said what was going on in the OP post.

Spend less time insulting me and more time actually reading my posts.

The rest of your post wasn't worth replying to. No need to throw a hissy fit when someone points out that you're wrong.
    I see, clevin hit a bulls eye calling you a sensitive one.
    Have fun whining here more, you came for that, not for advice

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Because I explicitly said what was going on in the OP post.

Spend less time insulting me and more time actually reading my posts.
    I did. No where did you say what you were doing, so I tried to help by saying *IF* you're drinking to 100%. And you got annoyed.

Welcome to the ignore list. People like you are why I don't try to help people here often. You asked for feedback and now you're whining about the stuff you get. /bye

You seem to need people to tell you the most basic things, though.

"nooo you can't disagree with me, that's whining you're a whiner who is just here to whine!"

Yikes. Right back at you on the ignore list.

Let them die.

That's what I do, I just sit down to drink and watch them slowly get crushed by mobs they pulled without even considering how your mana is.

I've had tanks pull boss at 15% mana....

I don't think the WA is useful. Just macro or type that you need a drink.

Saying your mana is at 30% doesn't decisively tell them anything.

Say you need to drink while the last pack is about to die and drink and if you can't drink just do your best and if it's a wipe, it's a wipe. Not your fault if you asked for the break and the tank ignored it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you're playing with shit tanks. Any good tank worth their shit knows to have active mitigation ready on the next pull (bears/warrs pooling rage etc)

But then again some tanks like bdk get slapped around no matter what so it can't be helped.

9 out of 10 tanks that I come across in M+ seem to be blind and illiterate, because I've got a WeakAura that automatically sends a message to the party when I drop below 30% mana, and even with that, tanks ignore it and continue to go off chainpulling when I'm at 10% and drinking. And with how close together most trash packs are, I have barely any time to drink. I end up spending the entire dungeon below 40% mana because tanks just chainpull nonstop.

No, I can't "drink while the tank pulls" because they often just start taking loads of damage as soon as they engage mobs. Even trying to drink after every pull, I'm running up and just barely saving the tank from death as I struggle to spam heal them, which wastes even more mana.

Should I just let them die if they won't let me drink? That's likely the only way I'm gonna get their attention if multiple party chat messages aren't doing anything.
    ironicaly in pugs i run in the oposite issue,often times i get tanks stoping and either thinking i need a drink or outright telling me to drink lol,they think that if you are under 50% mana its some kind of an issue....when we could get by with 10% just fine on most stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the issue related only to sub-10 atm.

OP, mana becomes a complete non-issue in 10s and up. Since it's 9 and below, literally just let tanks die while you mana up and rez everyone afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    From one healer to another (and as others have said) - Let them die.

Though, personally, on the rare occasions that this does occur, I kind of like the challenge: how much can I be pushed before someone dies!

Let them die so you ruin the key and your loot is reduced by 50% (assuming people don't just leave the dungeon). Good plan!

Just stop pugging with them if they don't listen

Just type something like "sec mana" and drink. If he still keeps you in combat at 10% mana then you are dealing with a very bad tank and might as well leave the group, let him die, start a fight with him etc.

I'm a tank and I stop when my healer asks, if I haven't stopped already based on noticing their status. So clearly I'm not a very good tank.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Just drink what you need.

As a tank, i'll usually wait for the healer to regain mana when he asks, or if i notice him going oom, but most of the times i can manage on my own on a pull without the tank (easy pack, no group-wide affixes, bla bla) and there's no point for the healer to throw a tantrum because i didn't stand idle for 20 secs waiting.

I'd also like to add that on 'mid-range' keys without affixes like griveous or bursting, healers don't even have the need to drink most of the times, and can just keep trucking at low mana %'s, there's no need to ask for mana breaks when mana isn't even a factor, but it happens.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-01-22 at 02:32 AM.

I play disc priest. Water restores less mana at the beginning and more at the end of the buff now. It's annoying, but it's easier giving your healer 10s to drink full from very low mana, than them getting 5% mana back between pulls because the initial mana regen is so low. It can be extra annoying on weeks with Bursting for example where Disc blows 20% mana just topping people after combat has ended before they can even begin drinking. That being said, Prideful is a huge boon to healer mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    I explicitly say "I need to drink after this pull, use a cooldown if you're going to keep pulling." Then as soon as the pull ends, I sit down and drink, and I drink for as much as I can until it looks like they need help. Most of the time this works, and while I might not always make it back to full before I have to stand, I can usually get a good deal back, enough to make it to the next hairy pull.

It's not really reasonable to expect people to stop pulling entirely. I don't think the entire party should sit around and wait for a full mana bar unless it's a boss, but they have to understand you will be behind drinking and they will need to use personals or they may die. If they don't have personals up, maybe they will coordinate stuns or CC or kite.

If they run in and pull and die after that being communicated, that's on them, unless you were being stubborn about drinking to 100% when standing up at 80% could have saved things.

Practical advice: maybe adjust your WA so it specifically says you will be drinking and says it only when you actually will need to (maybe set it to a lower threshold). If it just announces automatically every time you have low mana even when it doesn't necessarily matter or you'll have it back by the time you need it again, people may see it so much that they just ignore it or not understand it's specifically correlated with a demand to pause for a drink. I know I hit 30% way more often than I actually need to drink.

I also use dream pots in combat when it looks like a safe place to do so. It's worth keeping a stack in addition to regular mana pots and using those instead.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2021-01-22 at 02:46 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the things I communicate at the beginning of a run is : For bosses, let me get to at least 50% before pulling. Otherwise, if I'm over 25% mana, I'm good to go.

Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe I'm just really good at picking tanks based on raider.io data, but, seriously, rarely have an issue with tanks pulling too much.

3+ Year Old Account
    So there I was...in the Silithus desert...hundreds of miles from civilization...
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    Let them die. Thats how I learn as tank
    This. As a tank myself, you either learn really quickly how to match your healer's pace or you outright die. That is, unless you're a paladin, in which case you end up having to keep yourself up in the interim...and if that isn't enough to help you figure out you're going too fast, then that's on you.

Think of the tank as a boat, and the healer is an anchor dragging along the sea floor. You're going to catch onto something, at some point, and shit is going to go down.

In the end, communication is key. This is why Discord is a wonderful thing, and why I avoid running with pugs. But in a situation with pugs, both sides need to be aware of what the other is doing/using and communicating intent on the fly. Failure to do so results in wipes when skill cannot offset the mistakes.
    Last edited by Gilvain; 2021-01-22 at 03:36 AM.