Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm a healer and you learn at which packs you can drink 50% mana and at which not. It's rare that you have to stop the group to drink.

Good tanks either wait when you need to drink or they pull small packs.

If the tank pulls 5 big packs after each other and won't let you drink just let him die.

But you shouldn't need to stop the group to drink more than 3 times in a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    9 out of 10 tanks that I come across in M+ seem to be blind and illiterate, because I've got a WeakAura that automatically sends a message to the party when I drop below 30% mana, and even with that, tanks ignore it and continue to go off chainpulling when I'm at 10% and drinking. And with how close together most trash packs are, I have barely any time to drink. I end up spending the entire dungeon below 40% mana because tanks just chainpull nonstop.

No, I can't "drink while the tank pulls" because they often just start taking loads of damage as soon as they engage mobs. Even trying to drink after every pull, I'm running up and just barely saving the tank from death as I struggle to spam heal them, which wastes even more mana.

Should I just let them die if they won't let me drink? That's likely the only way I'm gonna get their attention if multiple party chat messages aren't doing anything.
    I don't have this problem because I am constantly positioning myself ahead of the group to give me a few seconds to drink. If the group has to stop for me to drink during a M+, then im not being efficient. If the tank is dumb and chain pulling without ever allowing combat to drop, thats a different story. Ask them nicely once, if it happens again just dip. Plenty other groups need healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Object lessons.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    wait for a full mana bar
    not sure where people keep getting this idea that I want to drink to 100% after every single pull

I just want to sit and drink and the tank can pull when I'm say, above 50% again, that's all

30% is more than enough to keep pulling unless you have Prideful ahead.

Learn to sip, get Mage food and drink at every out of combat opportunity, even if you managed to get only few ticks in.
    Also don't skimp on mana pots.

Automatic messages have a high chance to get automatically ignored. Try to message only when you actually need to / going to drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure where people keep getting this idea that I want to drink to 100% after every single pull

I just want to sit and drink and the tank can pull when I'm say, above 50% again, that's all
    I wasn't saying you personally did (I'm not sure anyone else has either), I was saying it's unreasonable to expect tanks to wait for one. I was making a general statement, since you didn't specify your personal thresholds and it's a valid thing to point out.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to give you not 1, not 2, but 3 suggestions.

First - Drink when you get out of combat and if the tank dies, tell him "I told you I was drinking yet you pulled so your death is on you not me so try listening to your healer next time". Given the fact your mod announces to your group that you're low on mana and will be drinking, that's a HIM problem not a YOU problem.

Second - Mana pot are your friend as are your friend as are Deep Fried Seraph Tenders. Deep Fried Seraph Tenders is the only food that provides both health (30k supposedly but I have yet to see any of my characters get HP from using it lol) and mana (40k and can confirm it does restore mana) usable while in combat. I checked their price on the 4 servers I have characters on and it ranged from 2g each to 17g each. Since they give no well-fed buff, they don't usually sell for more than the well-fed foods do and they are also not crafted but only obtained from the Fleeing Soul's Bundle treasure in Revendreth (waypoint 47.0 58.3)

Third and lastly - use this whisper target macro to whisper the tank directly to tell him you are drinking. I'd suggest adding /use foods listed at the bottom of it so that way you can not only target him to tell him you're eating but immediately start eating as you send the message. If you put the mana bun first then the Tenders afterwards, it will attempt to use the mana buns first then if you can not it will then attempt to use the Tenders or whatever food you put in there in the order on the list in the macro. You can switch it to whatever food you want to put though.

#showtooltip
    /run SendChatMessage("TYPE YOUR MESSAGE TO THE PERSON RIGHT HERE", "WHISPER", nil, GetUnitName("target", true));
    /use /use Conjured Mana Bun
    /use Deep Fried Seraph Tenders

If you have a addon that announces when you have low mana/agro/w/e else that addon announces, i just assume you aren't very confident at healing and that the reason you need the addon is because you actually do need to drink very often because you spam panic heals too much. but who knows maybe thats confirmation bias since i've never seen someone with high score with that addon.

Even before dungeons had timers tanks made judgement calls on the healers mana vs the pace. Most new tanks are overly careful with pulls too (which often leads to "why does the dps keep pulling for me posts"), but with experience they learn when healers will be fine.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-01-22 at 05:17 AM.

let him die and maybe he will understand
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    If you have a addon that announces when you have low mana/agro/w/e else that addon announces, i just assume you aren't very confident at healing and that the reason you need the addon is because you actually do need to drink very often because you spam panic heals too much. but who knows maybe thats confirmation bias since i've never seen someone with high score with that addon.

Even before dungeons had timers tanks made judgement calls on the healers mana vs the pace. Most new tanks are overly careful with pulls too, but with experience they learn when healers will be fine.
    Lol some people.
    I coded some low mana warnings because it helps.
    When my addon says I'm 5% Mana and the tank keeps pulling, they will flame the tank and not me.

Trust me it helps alot.
    I coded all kinda warnings because I do alot of random runs. And randoms are new to the game, even in t 15 they don't know basic stuffs.
    So I'm happy I have my spam addons.

You think in +15 people are good right?
    I just did a 15 plague fall this morning.
    Not one person cared to interrupt stun the fungistorm from the mushrooms at the start of the instance. Naturally we wiped at the third group when I was out of healing Cool downs. They blamed the mage and group split up xD
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-01-22 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's a ridiculous extrapolation from someone using an innocuous weakaura. He probably thought it would be helpful to communicate it or easier than manually typing "I need to drink" each time. People automate this stuff all the time just for ease of communication mid combat in circumstances where it might be helpful for your teammates to be aware. See also: announcing interrupts or innervates or big cooldowns like a great many people already do.

I do think it might be hurting more than it's helping in this context, but I can't see any logical grounds to correlate skill level with using this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

9 out of 10 tanks that I come across in M+ seem to be blind and illiterate, because I've got a WeakAura that automatically sends a message to the party when I drop below 30% mana, and even with that, tanks ignore it and continue to go off chainpulling when I'm at 10% and drinking. And with how close together most trash packs are, I have barely any time to drink. I end up spending the entire dungeon below 40% mana because tanks just chainpull nonstop.

No, I can't "drink while the tank pulls" because they often just start taking loads of damage as soon as they engage mobs. Even trying to drink after every pull, I'm running up and just barely saving the tank from death as I struggle to spam heal them, which wastes even more mana.

Should I just let them die if they won't let me drink? That's likely the only way I'm gonna get their attention if multiple party chat messages aren't doing anything.
    Sounds like a L2P issue

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Lol some people.
    I coded some low mana warnings because it helps.
    When my addon says I'm 5% Mana and the tank keeps pulling, they will flame the tank and not me.

Trust me it helps alot.
    I coded all kinda warnings because I do alot of random runs. And randoms are new to the game, even in t 15 they don't know basic stuffs.
    So I'm happy I have my spam addons.
    oh i'm sure it helps a lot with the pointing of fingers if something goes wrong. and a message at 5% is at least reasonable, but most of those messages are 25-30% which nobody is going to wait for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think that's a ridiculous extrapolation from someone using an innocuous weakaura. He probably thought it would be helpful to communicate it or easier than manually typing "I need to drink" each time. People automate this stuff all the time just for ease of communication mid combat in circumstances where it might be helpful for your teammates to be aware. See also: announcing interrupts or innervates or big cooldowns like a great many people already do.

I do think it might be hurting more than it's helping in this context, but I can't see any logical grounds to correlate skill level with using this.
    nah people (in pugs) get this sort of addon to solve a problem they experience not to be proactive.

you get an interrupt tracker after you've had issues with double interrupts a few times.
    you get a cooldown tracker once you get to high enough keys where that actually matters, not in some random heroic you once did. (personally only ever seen these in premades).
    you get a addon that tells people you need to drink when you need to drink so often it's regularly more than the people you play with are used too.

cuts both ways ofc, when you see a tank with a taunt announcer you don't think "considerate", you think "im going to have to watch my threat aren't i?"
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-01-22 at 05:42 AM.

It's the community that's at fault, have you ever been a tank and taken a few seconds longer than necessary? Everyone asks what the hold up is, you can't win either way.

I'm not a tank btw but I was one in wrath till they killed all the fun.

Add a yell macro that you can click saying something like:

/y Hey group! Stop pulling for a second so I can drink! Thanks!

And if they don't do it and die, you can just tell them to scroll the chat and see where you warned them. If they rage after that, it's because they are just bad players and you have nothing to feel bad about.

Easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Change your macro to "I'm drinking after this pull" and then do so, what happens next is on them. If they die, they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I see, clevin hit a bulls eye calling you a sensitive one.
    Have fun whining here more, you came for that, not for advice
    He may be sensitive but some answers are just dumb.

Regardless his skill in mana management, if he needs to drink he has to have time to.

Drink does not mean sitting one minute every 5 to go from 95% to 100% mana, means sitting 10 seconds from time to time to go 30-60 or so. Also, if this happens too much probably the group is BAD and everyone is taking more damage than “necessary”.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Edit: all those "just let them die" experts in the comments, they clearly never did anything above 2+, but if you want to take their advice that's a good way to stuck in low rio hell with no timed runs
    as someone doing keystone master on multiple chars each season (some of them tanks) i think "let them die" is good advice

its better to waste 20s drinking than 25s (+running time) bcs group will wipe, if healer outright says he needs mana thats a "STOP" sign for any GOOD tank, no matter the key level...
    sure on high keys tanks pull when healer is lower on mana, but they usualy have both tank and heal who know they can handle it , and actualy in higher keys tanks pay attention to healers mana and know if they can pull or not...

Even before dungeons had timers tanks made judgement calls on the healers mana vs the pace. Most new tanks are overly careful with pulls too (which often leads to "why does the dps keep pulling for me posts"), but with experience they learn when healers will be fine.
    If you ever played an healer and you have not the QI of a stone, you know that the reason being “you spam too many panic heals” is 90% of times wrong.

I do runs where I don’t drink even once and runs where I struggle from the first pull: why? Because often you have to deal with ppl taking TONS of damage at every pull. Since there’s nothing you can do about that, the only way is “rec”.

My suggestion to the healer: change the spam message by setting the threshold at 15% and stating CLEARLY (in capital letters) you are going to rec for 10 seconds after the actual pull, no matter what. I also noticed that writing “dudes when you read I need to rec let me rec or you will all die” BEFORE key starts helps A LOT.