Thread: I miss dkp.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To be fair we are having this discussion with a person who genuinely believes his guild group will get bis FASTER by running dkp. Cos we all know dkp makes more loot drop, and his items too!
    You mean using this system doesn't slow things down, make people hate each other and not just hand items to the people that can use them?

I just wonder what the point of the topic is anyways. I mean these systems have been abandoned for years, they are never coming back and I don't even think classic uses them and if they do this topic belongs there. It really just seemed like a bash on population numbers veiled as a thread that has changed topic multiple times from dkp to epgp to whatever the hell is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You mean using this system doesn't slow things down, make people hate each other and not just hand items to the people that can use them?

I just wonder what the point of the topic is anyways. I mean these systems have been abandoned for years, they are never coming back and I don't even think classic uses them and if they do this topic belongs there. It really just seemed like a bash on population numbers veiled as a thread that has changed topic multiple times from dkp to epgp to whatever the hell is next.
    No, in mean they literally claimed it allowed their guild to obtain loot faster. You honestly can't make this stuff up. That was after they realized the system they were championing for the first 4 pages as dkp isn't even dkp.

Just a confused mess of a thread with an OP who genuinely doesn't even know what they want. Rather ironically this demonstrates exactly why the current system is in place.

Over time I've just come to trust RNG to distribute loot over any other fellow human player. A computer has no bias.

I have no desire to submit to any human run loot system ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, in mean they literally claimed it allowed their guild to obtain loot faster. You honestly can't make this stuff up. That was after they realized the system they were championing for the first 4 pages as dkp isn't even dkp.

Just a confused mess of a thread with an OP who genuinely doesn't even know what they want. Rather ironically this demonstrates exactly why the current system is in place.
    Yeah and the best part is they can whine until they turn blue in the face, those systems are never coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah and the best part is they can whine until they turn blue in the face, those systems are never coming back.
    I agree - i think the % of players unhappy with the current systems is tiny compared to those who are content or even happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloMmofriendly View Post
    Firstly it wouldnt matter because with a solid consistent guild if 2 warriors need a sword the one that didnt win it 100% chance wins it next time. thats the entire point.

So even if it wasnt given to (say if your the warrior) you, you know next time its yours, your dkp stays high and you can even look around at your competition and see if you have any points spare to stay ahead and go for another item. that was part of the fun, looking around at your gearset calculating whats what and spend your earn points wherever you see fit.

Just burnt all your earnt points on 4 items you didnt really need? thats on YOU, you cant win loads of items and then cry because the guy that saved his points for the bigger upgrade that is bis wins. while you was winning 4 items he was winning zero. blowing points because you cant wait for something that is unquestionably bis. taking bis items off other members when they are a minor upgrade for you only slows down the guild all getting bis quickly together.

Earn your points, spend them wisely. success! be loot horny, try and greed every tiny upgrade when the big upgrades come around guess what, you dont have the points, thats where the "this system sucks" comes in from entitled and loot horny player bs

If you have a level playing field, equal to all, and have a problem with that, then you are the problem, not the system. this system was EVEN and fair, the problem was the tiny iq minds couldnt get there head around it.

hES wINNING aLL mY bEST iTEMS wHILE iM oNLY wINNING tRASH

THEN DONT NEED ON THE TRASH YOU APE!!!!!

"bUT tHEY wERE uPGRADE"

oh yes, truly sorry, you received upgrades for your effort put in. such a crap system.

The problem wasnt people being unfairly treated, it was people wanting the minor upgrades AND the BIS items, you couldnt have both.

if you approached it with an attitude like "I made a bad decision so lost out" you would see the system as something entirely different, being in control of your own gearset destiny was far better than a system that is purely a roll of the dice and you guys are all to DUMB to see it.

4months time you will still be opening your weekly vault praying to rnjesus where if you was an epgp guild you would of been full bis 2 months before if you spent your earnt points wisely, all the while popping on mmochampion to tell the world how much better the gearing system is now.
    You typed a lot, but didn't answer the question. 2 Warriors both want a sword, it's BiS. Both have the same DKP. Both have enough to purchase it. Who gets it?

You also went on to describe part of what players hate about DKP, gaming the system. Passing on actual upgrades to be sharded because you want to save DKP for some item that might drop later, probably from a later boss that's locked behind a DPS check that your raid may not make if everyone is just passing on gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    only people missing the DKP are
    1. those who were in charge and now they cant abuse their power
    2. those who brought nothing but their presence to raid
    This. End of discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    to have dkp you need to have loot dropping that aint happening these days

I don't miss people stacking it and just waiting for one end-boss item while their performance is complete crap.

Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    This. End of discussion.
    If you just end discussions on something that you are wrong with you will never ever grow, thats called a closed mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    I don't miss people stacking it and just waiting for one end-boss item while their performance is complete crap.
    True you did have that i wont lie, it was a way to gear EVERYONE however they themselves chose, those crap players werent bidding for other items, so they had the right to save for the one item as they didnt take anything off anyone else, that was there sacrifice, you chose the option of taking small upgrades, that was your choice, you also had the choice of saving your epgp

And here lies the problem, people wanting the small upgrades AND the big ones without stopping to look around at the bigger picture, if you got all the small upgrades then your free to save and will get the big boy item in the next few weeks? if you got the big boy item then you just hurt yourself because epgp was squished every second week you got less reward for your points earnt.

It was counter productive to the player themselves to save for 1 item, but if they chose to do that that was entirely there choice, that was the point. everyone had there own say where there own points went, what was bid on, and you guys argue that a roll of the dice where you more often than not get a duplicate in a slot which is already bis, repeatidly is better?????????? you realise how insanely dumb that is?

Having said this i realise the people complaining were dumb and greedy anyway to be honest. so yeah, rng system better suits them all. you all love getting your duplicates and "i got nothing in vault" system over 100% chance getting bis in a couple of months where the only thing you needed to do was not get jealous/loothorny as soon as someone was ahead of you with something you wanted. because in a nutshell.....you already received more.
    Last edited by SoloMmofriendly; 2021-01-24 at 07:57 AM.

loot council is better.

Nah, don't miss DKP at all honestly. It was the source of a lot of unnecessary loot drama and like others have pointed out it greatly favored certain individuals with less competition for their armor type.

In a Master-Loot environment, a good DKP system with well-tested and reasonable rules supporting it, is the better option to Loot-council by far.

The need for Master-Loot on the other hand, is really not existing any longer in modern WoW, and is causing more drama and grief than "fair distribution" in classic.

Good riddance to entitled players, dkp speculations and corrupt loot councils.