Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Guys, he said this:

I believe we are done here. Don't feed it.
    I don't support QAnon for the record. But they do have the right to express themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Please learn what actual free speech is. The entire bill of rights is just what the government can and can't do, nothing in there about what private businesses do with the people on their own platform. Conservatives themselves have even argued for private businesses right to discriminate as they see fit for years prior.

Furthermore, it's not a speech stops being free when said speech is well... you know, the whole fake crying "fire" in a crowded movie theater example.
    It's a COMPLETELY different thing when the platform has literal hundreds of millions of people using it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I do like how you link banning subbreddits like r/coontown with "a widespread crackdown on right wing views"

You're saying the quiet part out loud.
    r/coontown does not represents the right. They are a fringe far right group, but you don't see similar crackdowns against fringe left wing groups that advocate literal communism. Clearly a bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Sole-Warrior View Post
    I don't support QAnon for the record. But they do have the right to express themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a COMPLETELY different thing when the platform has literal hundreds of millions of people using it.

- - - Updated - - -

r/coontown does not represents the right. They are a fringe far right group, but you don't see similar crackdowns against fringe left wing groups that advocate literal communism. Clearly a bias.
    1. Not when they are levying threats against people like Pence, AOC, Pelosi, Schumer and other Democrats. That is against the law, and should be prosecuted to the highest level and given the maximum sentences.

2. No, it isn't doesn't matter how many people use the platform, you cannot tell them how to run their platform. Now, if they are refusing service that violates the constitution like the 14th amendment like banning them for their sex, age, disability, race, or gender, then they can be sued, but you cannot tell them how to run it otherwise.

3. Coontown ABSOLUTELY represents the right. Do you not know the racism and minority suppression that Republicans do to try to remain in power? Not to mention Trump's 40+ years of fucking racism, and he was the head of the Republican party til he got voted out. And advocating communism, isn't against forum or platform rules. Meanwhile being racist, actually is against most places' ToS. Unless you go to places like Stormfront, Parler, or GAB.

We get it. You want more shot up pizza places. But why?
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Considering the crap he has been posting about guns and how the 2nd amendment shall not be infringed, even though the SCOTUS has upheld quite a few laws about limiting gun ownership and what types of guns can be banned. It wouldn't surprise me if he wants both.

We don't? Are you conflating being anti censorship with wanting more terror attacks? Even if it's a nonsense conspiracy theory, they have every right to spread the ideas around.

2. No, it isn't doesn't matter how many people use the platform, you cannot tell them how to run their platform. Now, if they are refusing service that violates the constitution like the 14th amendment like banning them for their sex, age, disability, race, or gender, then they can be sued, but you cannot tell them how to run it otherwise.
    Wait... You are serious about this??? When such a HUGE portion of the human population uses said platform, it's fucking insanity to treat that platform like entering a person's home. It is at that point a PUBLIC TOWN SQUARE. Banning someone from such a platform at that point is comparable to excommunication. You don't get to excommunicate someone for being racist or hateful.

Coontown ABSOLUTELY represents the right. Do you not know the racism and minority suppression that Republicans do to try to remain in power? Not to mention Trump's 40+ years of fucking racism, and he was the head of the Republican party til he got voted out. And advocating communism, isn't against forum or platform rules. Meanwhile being racist, actually is against most places' ToS. Unless you go to places like Stormfront, Parler, or GAB.
    Example of someone who does not interact with conservatives. Most conservatives I know do not hate non whites, they do not hate gays or transgender people. They are on the whole more skeptical than liberals of them, but compare the average conservative in 2020 on every fucking demographic, blacks, hispanics, asians, gays and trans people, you will notice they are MUCH more favorable view on these groups than liberals did in 1980. The right in America are not just a bunch of bigots.

Communism HAS FUCKING KILLED OVER 100,000,000 PEOPLE. If racism should be banned, so should fucking commies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Freedom of speech includes the most vile despicable types of speech. If we don't protect their rights, we leave ourselves open to being censored.
    Slippery slope arguments always fucking suck. "If we don't allow people to talk about how black people are all wild animals with crime in their biology, then they're going to come censor YOUR speech next!"

Nah bruh, first off nobody's being censored. Second, we can slap the shit out of racist conservative shit heads on social media and twitter isn't suddenly going to become a police state.-
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

We don't? Are you conflating being anti censorship with wanting more terror attacks?
    If you do not fight stochastic terrorism, you get more terror attacks. That's what "stochastic" means.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

We don't? Are you conflating being anti censorship with wanting more terror attacks? Even if it's a nonsense conspiracy theory, they have every right to spread the ideas around.

Wait... You are serious about this??? When such a HUGE portion of the human population uses said platform, it's fucking insanity to treat that platform like entering a person's home. It is at that point a PUBLIC TOWN SQUARE. Banning someone from such a platform at that point is comparable to excommunication. You don't get to excommunicate someone for being racist or hateful.

Example of someone who does not interact with conservatives. Most conservatives I know do not hate non whites, they do not hate gays or transgender people. They are on the whole more skeptical than liberals of them, but compare the average conservative in 2020 on every fucking demographic, blacks, hispanics, asians, gays and trans people, you will notice they are MUCH more favorable view on these groups than liberals did in 1980. The right in America are not just a bunch of bigots.

Communism HAS FUCKING KILLED OVER 100,000,000 PEOPLE. If racism should be banned, so should fucking commies.
    Yes, I am fucking serious. It doesn't matter how many fucking people use a platform. YOU STILL DON'T GET TO TELL WHAT THE PLATFORM CAN DO WITH THEIR PROPERTY. They aren't a public town square.

I interact with fucking gullible conservatives DAILY. My step-father is someone that believes Qtard levels of bullshit, no matter what my mother and I tell him. He ABSOLUTELY is racist, says the N-word constantly, doesn't like when people doesn't speak English and literally just about every other racist trope of conservatism.

If conservatives don't hate non whites, then why are they pushing the voter suppression, punishing them harsher for the same fucking crimes compared to white people, and killing them daily, even if they don't do anything wrong? For people that don't hate gays, then why are they trying to get rid of gay marriage still? Same with transgendered people. They want to regulate what they can do with their bodies as well.

And no, conservatives aren't more skeptical, they are actually more gullible. You have proven it in the few threads that you have posted here the last few days. Pushing bullshit opinion articles from moronic conservative outlets and calling them "centrists".

EVERY bigot I have ran into, in say the last 10-15 years, from forum posts, to Twitter threads, to Facebook posts, HAVE ALL BEEN CONSERVATIVE.

And what does communism have to do with racism? They aren't even the fucking same.

Jesus fucking christ, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about, do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're conspiring out in the open for everyone to see then the government can and should take threats seriously. Simple as that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Knife Pervert View Post
    So I know this point has been repeated to death over the past few months/years but ah... what's the current rightie stance on cakes for gays these days? It always gets brought up but I've never seen a Republican actually address it. If Twitter has to host nutters spouting off conspiracy theories about how Democrat lizard people attain immortality by eating human babies, then surely dear old mom and pop have to make a big ol' gay cake with dongers and glitter all over it if I want it. It's my freedom of speech they're suppressing by not making it.

Because if not then as a host it's against my religion to have rightwing fucktards diluting my website with nazi bullshit.
    I don't think businesses should be allowed to discriminate or fire someone for simply being black, trans or gay or whatever, but it really isn't comparable to a social media platform with hundreds of millions of people.

but it really isn't comparable to a social media platform with hundreds of millions of people.
    Why not?

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    What you are asking for is the exact opposite of that.

You are asking for government to go into private businesses and say "we make the rules now"
    It's funny how conservative chuds don't want government intrusion into our lives unless you are gay, female, not white, or non evangelical christian, until some private corporation does something to effect them. then they are all for government intrusion. Of course they like to call it tyranny, because it's a scary word used by old rich, white, slave owning racists 250 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think businesses should be allowed to discriminate or fire someone for simply being black, trans or gay or whatever, but it really isn't comparable to a social media platform with hundreds of millions of people.
    So then you want governmental "tyranny", becasue shit like that wont happen unless it is mandated and enforced by government.

Social media is not newspapers dude, it's a town hall.
    No, it certainly isn't. It's at best a private rented megaphone, with defined rules.

So then you want governmental "tyranny", becasue shit like that wont happen unless it is mandated and enforced by government.
    I want existing anti discrimination laws to be broadened to include political views and political party affiliation. Being right wing in 2020 is as rough as being gay in 1990. Most of the country either hates us, distrusts us or dislikes us. It should be a federal felony to ban someone from a social media platform because they were conservative or a libertarian.

I'm a right-libertarian, not an anarcho capitalist. Letting social media run their platform however the way they want has lead to disasterous consequences. We see twitter doing next to nothing to address the child sexual exploitation imagery issue. They are censoring political views they disagree with left and right. The way they manage their company is unsustainable and highly unethical. It needs to be taken over, their TOS needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. They should never be allowed to ban legal speech no matter how hateful it is. Any platform with more than 1,000,000 users should have their TOS heavily controlled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Than explain why I've been permanently banned of twitter.
    Its a mystery.
    /s

Being right wing in 2020 is as rough as being gay in 1990.
    Have you tried not being right wing? Or maybe only be right wing in the bedroom. No reason to broadcast it. People don't care but we also don't need to know what's going on in your head. Maybe try therapy?

Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit all abused their power to insane degrees. There is virtually no freedom of speech in these companies. If one does not adhere to their arbitrary terms of service, one could find themselves excommunicated from over 90% of communities on the internet. We see bias enforcement against conservative views.

Time and time again, we see conservative voices being silenced. I do not see a compelling reason to silence QAnon. The widespread censor of this conspiracy theory represents an acute assault on American's freedom of expression. I'm not interested in debating about the merits of their theories. But they are entitled to not just discuss their ideas, but are entitled a platform like everyone else to do so. We need to start thinking of social media services not as private homes, but as town squares.

These social media giants are robbing Americans of the market place of ideas. Reddit banned r/gendercritical and r/coontown. While I admit there is really nothing of value in those subreddits, they have the right to express their ideas. Twitter took down Trump's twitter account. Conservative youtubers are getting demonetized. The American people have a right to watch those subreddits, tweets and posts and make up their minds. We do not need to be protected from bad ideas. Almost everyone is capable of weeding out bad ideas.

When such a huge proportion of the general public uses social media, censorship on behalf of bit tech really does become a major problem. It's time we rein in these companies and start restricting who they are allowed to ban or not.

I want freedom from the tyranny of government, and I want freedom from the tyranny of liberal corporations.

I STRONGLY encourage everyone to read the article. Very compelling arguments from a moderate point of view. Townhall is a centrist publication so it's worth checking out. https://townhall.com/columnists/bets...ities-n2583042
    You really should stop contradicting yourself.

It has been pointed out time and time again, that you are the one trying to force tyranny of the government.

You also lied about it being a moderate site. It's one of the most conservative sources around.

- - - Updated - - -

A very reductionist point of view. Over regulations HARM the economy which leads to more poverty and less wealth to go around. This is my main issue with these "greens". They fail to understand the reason why we use fossil fuels is because of reliability and affordability. Trying to pass all sorts of asinine legislation like carbon taxes only will reduce the standard of living for everyone. Instead, the solution which is to go fission nuclear has been available as a reliable baseline source of energy to compliment wind and solar.

Freedom of speech includes the most vile despicable types of speech. If we don't protect their rights, we leave ourselves open to being censored.

- - - Updated - - -

Because these businesses have abused their power to license oppositional opinion.
    You are the one who wants to over-regulate it... stop being a hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Than explain why I've been permanently banned of twitter. Explain why soooooooooooooo many subreddits are being banned even though nothing posted there was a felony offense. There appears to be a widespread crackdown on right wing views. Yes, the focus appears to be against the extreme right, but they have rights too.
    Because Twitter is a private entity, and doesn't wish to serve you.

My guess is they permanently banned you for misinformation, and pushing fake news... like you've been caught doing on this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Social media is not newspapers dude, it's a town hall.
    "Social media" is a private company, it's their property.

So, let us know when we can all come onto your property, say whatever the fuck we want, and you are not allowed to kick us out.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

They are still free to express themselves... on their own fucking property, and on government-owned property. They are not free to express it on my property, or on the property of anyone else who does not want them there.

Remember folks... this guy claims to be a libertarian.

- - - Updated - - -

So, spread those conspiracy theories. Private property owners are free to kick you the fuck off their domain for doing it.

I love watching alt-righters go full national socialist. Here's a hint: YOU ARE THE COMMUNIST IN THE EQUATION.

- - - Updated - - -

I want existing anti discrimination laws to be broadened to include political views and political party affiliation. Being right wing in 2020 is as rough as being gay in 1990. Most of the country either hates us, distrusts us or dislikes us. It should be a federal felony to ban someone from a social media platform because they were conservative or a libertarian.

I'm a right-libertarian, not an anarcho capitalist. Letting social media run their platform however the way they want has lead to disasterous consequences. We see twitter doing next to nothing to address the child sexual exploitation imagery issue. They are censoring political views they disagree with left and right. The way they manage their company is unsustainable and highly unethical. It needs to be taken over, their TOS needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. They should never be allowed to ban legal speech no matter how hateful it is. Any platform with more than 1,000,000 users should have their TOS heavily controlled.
    How very tyrannical of you.

Stop saying you are a "right-libertarian," that has been shown to be an outright lie. Libertarianism is based on the principles of individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. You are supporting none o those things.

I know this is beating a dead horse... but I'm not going to stop beating that horse (you), because the way you talk is cancerous. Stop pushing lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Than explain why I've been permanently banned of twitter.
    Truly, it's a mystery.

Than explain why I've been permanently banned of twitter. Explain why soooooooooooooo many subreddits are being banned even though nothing posted there was a felony offense. There appears to be a widespread crackdown on right wing views. Yes, the focus appears to be against the extreme right, but they have rights too.
    Exactly why did they say you were banned from Twitter? Care to share what you posted that led to it?

Either you posted one REALLY bad thing, or you posted a lot of questionable shit. So, let's see the reasons they gave, where you said it was unfair?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, let’s call it the ministry of truth... We need government to tell us what we are allowed to think and what we are not allowed to think. Then we need to be punished i with full force of the government, if our simping for politicians isn’t hard enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Exactly why did they say you were banned from Twitter? Care to share what you posted that led to it?

Either you posted one REALLY bad thing, or you posted a lot of questionable shit. So, let's see the reasons they gave, where you said it was unfair?
    Can you imagine throwing a giant party and having the one asshole you didn’t invite, bring the police to stop the entire party?

I found representation in media that this movement can use as an icon:

Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-22 at 01:05 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi