Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Celestalon was a moron and extremely toxic. This game is better without him.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    My particular experience in customer support for big companies also says the customer is rarely right. They're entitled.
    Therefore we cannot conclude whether they are rarely right or almost always right. Thanks for clearing it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Shame people gave them shit for it so they stopped.

On that note, any dev that bites back towards the community, within reason, is alright in my book. Too many community and players who think they can act however they want and anyone who bites back isn't "professional" is off the charts within gaming.

Customer is rarely right.
    Yeah, I agree, there should be room to counter the customer, in several ways.

And yes, its a shame. I really liked to watch those where he and Lore sat down and talked about the game in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    He just stopped working for the WoW team. He's a dev on Hearthstone now and still with Blizzard.
    Ok, so he went to another team within the same company. My point about toxic players running him off of WoW still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    My particular experience in customer support for big companies says otherwise.
    Difference is business the customer needs you to make them money, Joe the customer is just here to have fun.

Celestalon was fucking horrible. I'm so glad he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Celestalon was a moron and extremely toxic. This game is better without him.
    but but he was such a nice and genuinely great...sorry i had to stop typing that i was laughing too hard

the fact he insulted the players blizzard invited to help him and the other class devs to get the numbers and mechanics right THEN told them they did not know how the monk class (his baby) worked told them they were wrong and proceeded to play it so badly that the logs showed he was barely above lfr tanks and was eventually replaced while the ones he insulted were top 100 guild tanks

There must always be....

Someone to blame!

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Definitely enjoy Ghostcrawler but I am not touching a Riot MMO with a ten foot pole. Being wholesale owned by Tencent is poison to me.
    Yeah, sadly, but I'll surely hear what they come up with anyway. Too curious!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    My particular experience in customer support for big companies also says the customer is rarely right. They're entitled.
    My experience as a customer is that I'm mostly right or missinformed and that we solve it together. I'm probably the perfect customer though so I don't think it counts as a general measuring stick.

As supporting staff I've found that most customer do bring up good points when they critizise how we as the suppot help them or what we can do. The only thing that feels true is that for costumers we, the support, should be allknowing. Which we seldom are. That's an insult to them when they realize it :/

I deal with Swedish people. In what country do you work?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I don't miss any Blizz employees. People always put way too much focus on a single person who either gets all the praise or blame. Usually blame.

What I miss is some more effort done on class and spec balance. I really do not understand why Blizzard can't just do a "weekly tuning pass". Just do some small adjustments. 5% here, 3% there. Do these small adjustments weekly for like a month and classes/specs would be in such a better state...

Like I always say, I used to listen to sports talk radio in the 1990s. The callers were either angry or nonexistent. The local baseball team might win 10 games in a row. All throughout that win streak, the postgame shows were dead. Not a single caller. Then if the team loses ONE GAME, the phone lines would be packed with irate callers complaining about every little thing until towards the end of the show, some callers would have worked themselves up into a lather to a point where they would start demanding the team trade away the best players, fire the coach, and sell the team. And that's after ONE LOSS.

The same thing happens on internet forums. If you start a thread, expect ZERO people to tell you they like what you have to say. Your thread either gets ignored, or people start complaining at you. And most of the time, people will FAIL at reading comprehension and yell at you for things you never said. On top of that, there will be so-called experts that outright get facts wrong, even if you are an expert in your field, and yell at you and call you dumb.

I get failure at reading comprehension on this forum whether I discuss WoW, sports, computers, issues, and politics. But, you have to keep trying. Maybe you can make a difference somewhere.

I think its pretty cool that devs like Celestalon or GC or Ion try.

But it is fair to point out that some people play WoW 80 hours a week every week for years, and they WILL have knowledge the devs cannot possibly have. So there's that aspect too.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2021-02-17 at 03:34 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I really want to play again