Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Good rule of thumb is not to touch campaign missions unless most if not all of your roster are of a level to crush it with ease. If you “squeak by” a campaign mission with “favorite heroes,” you can easily paint yourself into a corner of missions over your head.

I’m getting a feeling from posts like this (OP is not alone) that people are not prioritizing the even leveling of heroes. This is absolutely thrown off by getting new heroes, but everything you can do to attain near even levels is always the priority over pushing the campaign level.

It’s not the best design, but it is the one we have.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If only we could see what happens during that campaign and how we progress. As it is, it is pretty confusing. Has anyone figured it out? The stuff that shows up when googling on wowhead or Icy veins shows rather more confused ppl.

With the Venture plan addon, my "current progress is 5". out of what? Is it like "Do 100 and an adventure to get a mount might spawn"?
    It's funny when they "innovate" to try to make a feature "fun" and it only ends up being the least transparent and most annoying version of the mission table yet.

Give me back the old Garrison version pls. There is nothing fun about this sad attempt at an auto-battler.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Good rule of thumb is not to touch campaign missions unless most if not all of your roster are of a level to crush it with ease. If you “squeak by” a campaign mission with “favorite heroes,” you can easily paint yourself into a corner of missions over your head.

I’m getting a feeling from posts like this (OP is not alone) that people are not prioritizing the even leveling of heroes. This is absolutely thrown off by getting new heroes, but everything you can do to attain near even levels is always the priority over pushing the campaign level.

I've been prioritizing even leveling. My top hero has been level 26 for three weeks...because I keep pulling some new asshole from Torghast or Renown that I gotta bring up to par. It's a bad system when you start hating getting new stuff.
    Last edited by Nynax; 2021-01-22 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    this should be considered broken then right? hopefully they patch it

- - - Updated - - -

you managed to get low level missions to start showing up again doing this?
    No. You'll fail the missions but followers will get XP on failure.

The good news is, since you know going in you're going to fail, you don't care about your guys' current health levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    It's funny when they "innovate" to try to make a feature "fun" and it only ends up being the least transparent and most annoying version of the mission table yet.

Give me back the old Garrison version pls. There is nothing fun about this sad attempt at an auto-battler.
    At least I initially got a few upgrades for gear out of it. But 30 anima on a mission when building that thing cost 1000? It really is crap so far...my lv 60 alts didn't bother to unlock it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    If you do campaign missions, you'll get increasingly higher missions in general. This means that you over-did it and now do not get lower missions anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

They scale via median, if I'm not wrong. Still, getting new heros will lower the level of troops. I have 1 or 2 heros waiting for me to accept them, because I do not want to lower my troops right now.
    If it's median, which I'm fairly sure as well at this point, you don't necessarily lower the level unless you were LITERALLY on the cusp of a lower group of followers. Right now my median is 36, but the next lowest from there if I gain a follower is also 36 and the one after that is 32. Getting new followers doesn't guarantee lowering their level if it is median whereas average would always lower it and even then it shouldn't tank it as hard as average unless you have like 5 at massively high levels and then another 5 at massively low levels.
    I also rarely use troops at this point as the Kyrian ones are fairly meh and

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I've been prioritizing even leveling. My top hero has been level 26 for three weeks...because I keep pulling some new asshole from Torghast or Renown that I gotta bring up to par. It's a bad system when you start hating getting new stuff.
    There's a set number. It's more a matter that venthyr and kyrian just got their best defensive one at the end of their campaign. At least I have mikanikos now at about 30 and Draven is on par with my venthyr at 18

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post

The problem is that before I did the most recent one, I would get the low level exp ones like the lvl 10-14 elite that awarded 1k bonus. I don't see ANY missions below 33 now and the bonus exp only have 2 offered that are 34-36.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    There's a set number. It's more a matter that venthyr and kyrian just got their best defensive one at the end of their campaign. At least I have mikanikos now at about 30 and Draven is on par with my venthyr at 18
    The last guy comes at 38 renown, makes me wonder how good they'll be. Seeing how Blizzard claimed that mission tables were "balanced" with full champion roster, Night Fae must be absolute crap while Venthyr/Kyrian should carry their team.

this should be considered broken then right? hopefully they patch it

- - - Updated - - -

you managed to get low level missions to start showing up again doing this?
    No, low lvl missions will NOT show up past a certain point, so your only option is to forcefully lvl up your adventurers by just stacking them up and sending them out on a mission. The 12 hour high lvl missions have the best XP for Time ratio, so you send followers out on those missions. Eventually they'll lvl up enough that you start succeeding on actual missions.

So, yea, you are pretty much fucked for a month. Just keep stacking your followers on the golden elite missions. Do NOT do Maw or Campaign missions, they give very little to no XP for time investment. Just keep doing the golden elite ones, higher lvl is better. After a month of this, you should be able to once again progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

anyone getting screwed when it comes to follower missions for a week now i have not received a single mission under 35 even though i have many followers under level 35

my companions are levels 43 43 42 42 39 37 33 33 30 28 27 17

my current mission levels are 48 40 39 39 37 37 37 36 35 35

my troops are level 35 do their levels control when you stop getting lower level missions? if so A LOT of people are going to get screwed over even worse then what has happened to me

the higher level missions are very hard many enemy abilities are doing AOE damage in the 300+ to everything in melee for example
    Your missions scale with your Campaign Progress tokens not your followers. So if you have a lot of Campaign Progress tokens then you won't be getting any low level missions.

Since you are Venthyr (Kyrian have same issue) you want to skip a lot of the Campaign Progress tokens or you'll get to a point where your followers can't handle the missions even if they are the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    It's so annoying that your troops are scaling depending on your average hero level? At least I think that's what it is. Since I've got multiple Torghast followers in a week, I'm struggling to get anything done.
    It's median, not average.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post
    I'd be more mad about this if I actually had enough anima to use the mission table. So its really a non-issue for me. But I'm getting lv 60 missions with a max follower level of 35.... so I'd say your lucky lol
    Same problem as OP. You completed too many Campaign Progress missions which increases your missions, not your followers.

I'm NF. My champions levels range from 41 to 20. I abused Dreamweaver some time ago and finished whole adventure campaign. Now I receive missions with lev 49 and more and 0 bonus exp missions. So I decided I'll just suicide the champions en masse. I don't heal them, never complete missions, just send them to fail because they still get exp and it costs 10 anima per mission.

Gonna take a LOT of time until I level them to 60 lmao.

The Campaign system is just badly designed. You need to put off those missions as late as possible and levels you followers evenly instead.

As well, the balance between Covenants is atrocious. As Venthyr most of your champions such, and so do your troops. Whereas as Necrolords things are just miles easier with stronger champions and useful troops. It's obvious this feature barely saw any playtesting at all, and I'd rather have the old %-based table back, if we need a table, rather than this convoluted, confusing and badly designed mess.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Problem is that nothing tells you that doing to many campaigns will screw you over. Nothing tells you that XP missions stop happening if you go to high (why do they even stop at all before 60?)
    The higher level missions give a shit ton of xp even if you fail them, don't actually need xp missions.
    Hi

I know that the table is a meme feature and most people dont care about it. But this version of it currently implemented is so poorly designed its criminal. It doesnt tell you wtf does adventure progress mean, it seems overwhelming and overcomplicated but to be honest its just bad and under developed in my opinion. Its worse that initial islands in bfa. And the fact there was no hotfix for so long is just crazy. Yeh, its a meme feature, but a core feature nontheless of the covenant crap.

makes me glad I stopped doing campaign missions when someone here complained about ilvl of rewards not scaling at higher mission table levels. while I didn't see it as entirely consequential, the fact that I'm gearing strictly through solo play made me want to at least keep the option open. I've done several campaign ones but fortunately I still get the easy lvl 12-14 ones for easy anima and bonus exp.

this thing is terribly designed though which they more or less acknowledged but without any real promise of addressing it. my biggest complaints outside of those addressed here are not indicating how much exp a mission is worth, how much non-special enemy attacks do (presumably you can more or less figure it out by dividing the AP of the group by number of enemies) the way in which healers always just heal left forcing troop / companion placement beyond what is already necessary and companions marked as healers that don't actually heal. though the list could probably go on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The higher level missions give a shit ton of xp even if you fail them, don't actually need xp missions.
    Normal missions give 500 exp, rare/elite give 1k. It's uncompareable to exp missions which were 4 hours long and gave bonus 1000-1500 exp.

The XP missions give better XP/time investment then the higher lvl missions - At least the 51/49 lvl missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Normal missions give 500 exp, rare/elite give 1k. It's uncompareable to exp missions which were 4 hours long and gave bonus 1000-1500 exp.
    You just compared them.

Just don't do 4 campaigns after having hit campaign level 16. Nice to keep in mind for alts, at least. Use this macro to check what campaign mission level you're at: /script print(C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(1889).quantity)

I guess if you're one of the extremely few people who turns in missions the second after they're done and thus have 100% uptime on XP missions then yeah, you'll level slower, but still at a decent pace. Got all my followers at atleast level 45+ except one that I got last week, he's level 31. Once you get level 60 missions it goes a lot faster.
    Hi

snip
    Yup, find the mission table real silly. The missions go up in level. but your followers can start from new. But when you level them it takes ages.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If only we could see what happens during that campaign and how we progress. As it is, it is pretty confusing. Has anyone figured it out? The stuff that shows up when googling on wowhead or Icy veins shows rather more confused ppl.

With the Venture plan addon, my "current progress is 5". out of what? Is it like "Do 100 and an adventure to get a mount might spawn"?

The idea is that each campaign mission you do raises the cap Of the missions that you will get

Failing a mission as far as I know does not lower the level of the missions that you get it is based on the average level of your troops

Now if you say are getting level 32 missions and you complete that campaign mission then your next campaign mission will be 37 and if you complete that one then the next one will be in the 40s once you get around the 32 missions you start getting pets with the campaign

The system isn’t broken and itself the problem is that two of the covenants have very overpowered troops so players will go through these campaign missions and will find themselves unable to progress any further because their troops are too low of a level

Mission table isn't balanced. Some sad sob decided that some covenants have to have harder job in completing missions. As Kyrian I am struggling to do missions that are same lvl or lower than my followers while as night fey I can do 5lvl+ higher.
    It's just fail in design nothing more than that.

Just don't do 4 campaigns after having hit campaign level 16. Nice to keep in mind for alts, at least. Use this macro to check what campaign mission level you're at: /script print(C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(1889).quantity)
    Oh, thanks for the advice. Would be useful before I actually did that. Too bad there was absolutely nothing in Blizzard or external sources stating that Campaign missions increase the level of available missions and disable bonus exp missions.

That's the name of this failed feature: lack of transparency. You can't even see which champions you lack without reaching to external sources. The mere possibility of being able to aquire a new, lev 1 adventurer, after having done all campaign missions, meaning no bonus exp missions, is such a glaring error. For some reason the covenant units levels being a median of your adventurers level is fine, but the level of missions is not? Disabling bonus exp missions, even though there are non-max level adventurers is somehow a good idea? Even though in previous iterations you received bonus exp missions even when all of your champions were max level.

It feels like two separate teams worked on this system, with completely opposite thoughts on how it should function, then they somehow mixed it all and pushed to release. Barely anything makes sense.

What's even more funny: there's at least one more champion to be unlocked from renown (at least for NF, I think it's next reset) xD So another lev 1 champion that I can only level by suiciding missions. MAYBE I'll manage to max-lev them by the time next major patch drops, lmao.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2021-01-22 at 11:59 PM.