Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Follower Missions broken?

anyone getting screwed when it comes to follower missions for a week now i have not received a single mission under 35 even though i have many followers under level 35

my companions are levels 43 43 42 42 39 37 33 33 30 28 27 17

my current mission levels are 48 40 39 39 37 37 37 36 35 35

my troops are level 35 do their levels control when you stop getting lower level missions? if so A LOT of people are going to get screwed over even worse then what has happened to me

the higher level missions are very hard many enemy abilities are doing AOE damage in the 300+ to everything in melee for example

Current Missions

Current Followers

It's so annoying that your troops are scaling depending on your average hero level? At least I think that's what it is. Since I've got multiple Torghast followers in a week, I'm struggling to get anything done.
    Don't let min-maxers ruin Shadowlands for us! Rise up, fellow casuals!

If you do campaign missions, you'll get increasingly higher missions in general. This means that you over-did it and now do not get lower missions anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    It's so annoying that your troops are scaling depending on your average hero level? At least I think that's what it is. Since I've got multiple Torghast followers in a week, I'm struggling to get anything done.
    They scale via median, if I'm not wrong. Still, getting new heros will lower the level of troops. I have 1 or 2 heros waiting for me to accept them, because I do not want to lower my troops right now.

Yep Venthyr seems broken. I have exact the same.
    Don't have this problems with my Kyrian.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

I'd be more mad about this if I actually had enough anima to use the mission table. So its really a non-issue for me. But I'm getting lv 60 missions with a max follower level of 35.... so I'd say your lucky lol

The Unstoppable Force
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The SL table is just a major mess.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The SL table is just a major mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Yep Venthyr seems broken. I have exact the same.
    Don't have this problems with my Kyrian.
    Certainly feels messy. I am in no way as high as some ppl here...around lv 25 on 6 companions....however there seems no way I can beat certain campaign missions that are level 25 rare. The enemy has like 12 000 HP and 600 AP while my party gets to something like 7000 HP and 600 AP. And slaughtered.

As one poster already said, you did too many campaign missions. The way it works is extremely stupid.

I learned my lesson, I pushed too hard on the campaign missions on 2 of my characters.

One of them is kinda okay as I get some 24 from time to time. The rest are 34-40
    One is fucked, lowest is 34, I can barely do 1 o 2 successful mission a day, with the lowest companions unable to progress. Missions are 34/37-45

With the other 2 I am no longer pushing campaign quests and they get 12-24 which are fairly easy.

I think we all forgot the mission tables need to last the whole expansion and a lot of us raced through the campaign missions, only to get screwed over by the new followers from Torghast.

So don't do that campain mission until you have brought all your followers up to that level, which will probably take a few months.

In another thread someone commented that failing a Gold missions gives your followers 1500xp, so is something to keep in mind as some of them seem impossible.

I highly recommend the addon venture plan.

Will predict outcomes and as a venthyr player its really taken alot of the pain away from mission planning to an extent

Yes sir, same for me but I don't believe this is broken. The last adventure I completed before this happened was one of the hard ones that pushes the adventure "campaign".

So I pushed to the next level and I have to now pick and choose which I do carefully.

You can still easily complete - 3 or 4 of these at a time, but now, you just have to do ones that you wouldn't have before because you didn't like the reward.

That will continue to push your levels with your companions - and they will grow into being able to handle all these new higher ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoxu View Post
    I think we all forgot the mission tables need to last the whole expansion and a lot of us raced through the campaign missions, only to get screwed over by the new followers from Torghast.

So don't do that campain mission until you have brought all your followers up to that level, which will probably take a few months.

In another thread someone commented that failing a Gold missions gives your followers 1500xp, so is something to keep in mind as some of them seem impossible.
    Problem is that nothing tells you that doing to many campaigns will screw you over. Nothing tells you that XP missions stop happening if you go to high (why do they even stop at all before 60?)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

That's how it is, I too think it's fucked and my way to deal with it is basically just run whatever which still gives XP even on failure. Thankfully as NF you get carried by troops so many missions still succeed with subpar companion.

Overall this feature is sure raw as fuck and I imagine over the course of expansion they will make it better. I do hope blizz wakes up and at least lets XP missions spawn even if you pushed your table campaign high.

Once this happens your only recourse is to sent 5 guys on gold dragon half-day mission failures for 1200-1500 xp on failure.

It's slow annoying and expensive, in terms of anima, but it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    As one poster already said, you did too many campaign missions. The way it works is extremely stupid.
    this should be considered broken then right? hopefully they patch it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Once this happens your only recourse is to sent 5 guys on gold dragon half-day mission failures for 1200-1500 xp on failure.

It's slow annoying and expensive, in terms of anima, but it will work.
    you managed to get low level missions to start showing up again doing this?

It’s because of the adventure campaign

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    i sent my level 17 follower to solo the level 48 adventure campaign mission hoping him failing it lowers the level of missions a bit

i'd stay away from campaign missions until all companions are at least 40.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    If only we could see what happens during that campaign and how we progress. As it is, it is pretty confusing. Has anyone figured it out? The stuff that shows up when googling on wowhead or Icy veins shows rather more confused ppl.

With the Venture plan addon, my "current progress is 5". out of what? Is it like "Do 100 and an adventure to get a mount might spawn"?