VGC reports the Resident Evil 4 remake has been restarted after inter studio trouble

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...ke-overhauled/

tl-dr: Capcom was outsourcing work to M2 who worked on the RE3 remake. But there was a disagreement over M2 wanting to remain more faithful to the original RE4 after the reaction to their work on RE3 that cut sections was far more mixed than RE2s more faithful adaptation. But apparently Capcom wants more extreme changes and have brought it back under the wing of Division 1 who made REmake 2 and RE7.

So more RE4 people working on it now, but capcom apparently wants to change it a lot more.

My guess is it comes out 23 at the earliest and ends at the castle with the hive boss.

Resident Evil 4 should be completely changed. Every bit of B-movie camp should be removed. Every little bit.

Except for Salazar. For this formula to work, Salazar must remain exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Resident Evil 4 should be completely changed. Every bit of B-movie camp should be removed. Every little bit.

Except for Salazar. For this formula to work, Salazar must remain exactly the same.
    Remove the B-Movie camp from RE4 and you're left with RE5

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

Its pretty clear theres two very binary camps on this one. Some would much rather see it be a much darker horror game the whole way through like the forest intro but with the mood of REmake 2, others think the camp and absurdity of things like building a giant robot dwarf whos only purpose is to walk through your castle and destroy it is the appeal.

I tend to lean to the former but i know theres a hell of a lot of people that want the opposite and they can't please both on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Remove the B-Movie camp from RE4 and you're left with RE5
    But can you imagine the grit-chewing remake Leon traversing the kooky castle with its napoleonic ruler laughing at him constantly? I want that.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its pretty clear theres two very binary camps on this one. Some would much rather see it be a much darker horror game the whole way through like the forest intro but with the mood of REmake 2, others think the camp and absurdity of things like building a giant robot dwarf whos only purpose is to walk through your castle and destroy it is the appeal.

I tend to lean to the former but i know theres a hell of a lot of people that want the opposite and they can't please both on this one.
    Thats why I said that Salazar should get through this unscathed.

rather see some veronica REMAKe i just can't think of a re4 remake just now, removing the whole storyline of this drama b movie should be fun though

If I understood it correctly. M2 wanted to make a carbon copy of RE4, with basically everything the same. While Capcom wanted more of a RE2 approach, that's faithful but updated and remade to todays standards.

I think I go with Capcom on this because RE2 was awesome. However, both seems to not want another RE3... feels like they could probably come to an agreement since the goals are the same...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    If I understood it correctly. M2 wanted to make a carbon copy of RE4, with basically everything the same. While Capcom wanted more of a RE2 approach, that's faithful but updated and remade to todays standards.

I think I go with Capcom on this because RE2 was awesome. However, both seems to not want another RE3... feels like they could probably come to an agreement since the goals are the same...
    Part of the issue with this is RE2 remake is already like RE4 with the over the shoulder viewpoint. The remake was done basically in the same design as RE4. So an RE4 remake done like the RE2 remake is basically RE4 with updated graphics.