Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The most rude people are Ally players who call Horde players murderers and genocide advocates just because they like certain characters and story developments. They self-insert as their Nelf characters too hard and take everything personally. They legitimately think if you like Sylvanas you support Hitler irl. Now that's being out of touch with reality.

  2. #22
    Is it my friend? Or perhaps people are showing their true intentions behind a keyboard hiding behind the annonimity knowing that there won't be any consequences? Think of it.

  3. #23
    Not sure why I even read the OP or why I am here....

    Been on here 1 year? with so many posts? I can only assume you cry at rainbows... jk aside what do you expect? I play ally exclusively and you know how many times I get so sick of having a horde narrative or orcs thrown in my face. Or icing on the cake when one of the most powerful human mages is a pacifist sissy. Anyone actually think Tyrande gonna do ANYTHING in SL? Wait im sure syl will get a redemption and she will kill her and then be made out to be the bad guy cause blizz logic. But at the end of the day I dont care. If I want a story I will find me a good RPG. WoW is the last place to look for it. 2016 DOOM has better story that WoW.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  4. #24
    Like I said, some people can't tell apart fiction from reality. You want to doxx people because of what, exactly...?

  5. #25
    Personally I am not talking regarding if people can tell apart fiction from reality. I am talking about the fact that some people like and use fictional characters to Flame, Troll and be rude towards others in a forum hiding behind their annonimity of the internet. You have every right to like any character or faction you want as long as you respect others who have different likes.

    I don't know if Sylvannas gets away or not. Personally I think she won't in the end cause Warcraft is a game where good wins over evil. The problem lies with those who are toxic to others using characters or factions they like just because they inflicted damage on characters or factions they don't like. That goes also in twisting the story.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2021-01-24 at 01:45 PM.

  6. #26
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    there is a reason why Sylvanas said «You call for peace when it suits you»
    But then writers depicted her as a warmongering psycho in order to make sure she couldn't be taken seriously. As someone said once in these very boards (it was @Nnyco iirc), #$&@ in Warcraft is bad only when it's the Horde doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    I agree. But each time Alliance posters make lists like this it devolves into “get over this” and “shut up” dogpile while also sneaking in whinge about Calia.

    I always said - pick one. Either we all shut up or nobody shuts up.
    The problem is, the Alliance at least gets written the way Alliance fans expect to.

    Alliance fans WANT a lawful good group of heroes that always fights for the good of all. That's literally the idea of the Alliance.

    The Horde was told we were a group of noble savages, who had overcome bloodthirsty/tribal ways to form a coalition towards mutual survival. Yet somehow, whenever an obviously evil choice presents itself, "mutual survival" is thrown out the window for temporary greed. "overcoming bloodthirst" is suddenly forgotten, and we're all a bunch of war-pushing neanderthals all over again.

    When the Alliance gets written in a way that portraits the Alliance as exactly the opposite of everything the Alliance stands for, and instead of immediately correcting course, Blizzard headstrong-pushes through and demands that the Alliance accepts their role as the evil ones in the story - THEN the Alliance will have the right to talk on equal footing with the Horde.

    Nobody compares Teldrassil to Taurajo. Nobody sane thinks the Horde has lost as much to the Alliance, as the Alliance has lost to the Horde.

    But the LARGE MAJORITY of the Horde thinks burning Teldrassil down was a bad idea to begin with. We just didn't have a choice. The Alliance doesn't have an equal event in this regard. You aren't being dragged by your shining blue pauldrons down a path that makes no sense, just to perpetuate a war that doesn't make sense to keep fighting in.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Just a thought that i had recently.

    Many horde players tend to dogpile on posts mentioning Teldrassil and insult/berate Alliance posters as “whiny”, “entitled” and far more other less polite words , demanding to stop and “get over this” or even saying that they deserved it.

    And then after observing N-th endless back and forth like that i just thought - if Alliance stops posting about Teldrassil, “gets over it” and entirely accepts it as a thing of the past then...

    Will horde shut up about how Calia Menethil is the worst thing since clogged sink? Or how Taurajo was worse then Teldrassil? Or how Alliance are “too good”? Or about Dalaran? Or about “villain batting”?

    And i dont mean just not posting about it but ACCEPTING it. Taking it as part of the past and continuing forward WITHOUT talking about “what ifs” and “buts”?

    Will YOU get over this?
    I don't know, most horde players I know or who write on the forums actually dislike Teldrassil as well, because it made their characters complicits in warcrimes and mass murder, which is not exactly what most people signed up for when they chose Horde.

    The whole faction is unredeemable now, until we make a massive Timeskip that involves thousands of years.
    The people who actually defend Teldrassil and Menethil as legitimate targets and the used level of violence as justified are a very small minority that only consists of people who want to RP as evil characters (which is fair enough!) and trolls.

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral tommyhil622's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,246
    Unfortunately the main issue is there's too many people RPing. They can't separate the lore from their personal feelings. They internalize the lore than even supplant at times what the lore characters project to reinvent it according to what they see right. That's why you'll have people justifying Teldrassil and Justifying Taurajo when in the end, neither set of events need any justification or acknowledgement from us. We are not those characters. If we ever wish to have a constructive discussion we have to learn to separate our feelings from the lore. Otherwise we would have to start clearly denoting when we are in character or not.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    I am never getting tired of calling out alliance players on their bias and crap.
    Some of them are honestly not aware of what's going on and just see the Horde as evil, because that's often how Blizzard portrays us, but for the majority of them who are on these forums know there's a bias double standard that they benefit from.

  11. #31
    Stood in the Fire Vrinara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Stormwind City, Elwynn Forest
    Posts
    469
    Bait up the WAZOOOO! I will say this though. Complaining will never end. No one is ever happy. I just sit back and laugh and munch popcorn while people whine and cry over a game.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Dude, your on MMO Champ forums. A Forum that has being MASSIVELY NOTORIOUS to be filled with unconstructive threads since like forever.
    hey there. thx A LOT for being the 3rd post here! prevented me to type in something like „seriously?“ to fast, before realizing EXACTLY what you said and also realizing that i even support that unconstructive shit, by doing so. instead i read your post and was like „not worth. typical mmorpg idiot shit. ppl have way to much time. move on.“. and i moved on. but i came back, just to say thx for this post. raised my hopes not everybody on this forum is either 12 year old or a complete *****.

    thx for remembering me.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    The complaining between the 2 faction playerbase wont stop and a lot of it is because of ignorant alliance players were early on.

    All throughout Vanilla, TBC and WotLK, I didn't see much of complaining about either faction, besides some stuff over wrathgate, but one of the earliest I saw was in Cata by Alliance players.

    Blizzard finally acknowledged that Horde players had less zones, shittier cities and so on and with the revamp they decided to balance out the zones... however Alliance players cried bias.
    After WotLK an expansion that was heavily Alliance focused, we finally got one with Thrall in the spotlight and Alliance players cried that Chris Metzen's Pet/SelfInsert was Horde Bias.

    I grew up with a spoiled entitled sister who now complains about the lack of spoiling she gets(she doesn't phrase it like that)which it feels eerily familiar on here. When the Alliance players on here stop acting like spoiled entitled brats, there probably wont be much complaining but normal discussions.

    - - - Updated - - -



    And now the Night Elves are refugees... and it's on him, entirely
    Amount of shit you spew is baffling. You should seek employment in media.

    Insulting people so easily, without even looking at yourself first. Misinterpreting, misdirecting, making assumptions out of thin air... Yeah, i can see a grand career for you on some new channel or at least big site.

    Infracted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I don't know, most horde players I know or who write on the forums actually dislike Teldrassil as well, because it made their characters complicits in warcrimes and mass murder, which is not exactly what most people signed up for when they chose Horde.

    The whole faction is unredeemable now, until we make a massive Timeskip that involves thousands of years.
    The people who actually defend Teldrassil and Menethil as legitimate targets and the used level of violence as justified are a very small minority that only consists of people who want to RP as evil characters (which is fair enough!) and trolls.
    False. Its faaar from minority. It seems like a majority most of the time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The problem is, the Alliance at least gets written the way Alliance fans expect to.

    Alliance fans WANT a lawful good group of heroes that always fights for the good of all. That's literally the idea of the Alliance.

    The Horde was told we were a group of noble savages, who had overcome bloodthirsty/tribal ways to form a coalition towards mutual survival. Yet somehow, whenever an obviously evil choice presents itself, "mutual survival" is thrown out the window for temporary greed. "overcoming bloodthirst" is suddenly forgotten, and we're all a bunch of war-pushing neanderthals all over again.

    When the Alliance gets written in a way that portraits the Alliance as exactly the opposite of everything the Alliance stands for, and instead of immediately correcting course, Blizzard headstrong-pushes through and demands that the Alliance accepts their role as the evil ones in the story - THEN the Alliance will have the right to talk on equal footing with the Horde.

    Nobody compares Teldrassil to Taurajo. Nobody sane thinks the Horde has lost as much to the Alliance, as the Alliance has lost to the Horde.

    But the LARGE MAJORITY of the Horde thinks burning Teldrassil down was a bad idea to begin with. We just didn't have a choice. The Alliance doesn't have an equal event in this regard. You aren't being dragged by your shining blue pauldrons down a path that makes no sense, just to perpetuate a war that doesn't make sense to keep fighting in.
    You must have ignored the sheer tsunami of gleeful gloating and insults towards the Alliance that broke out during BfA prepatch, whole celebratory konga horde was doing and dancing on corpses, so to say.

    It was THE peak of horde tribalism and hype and they loved every millisecond of it. The sobering (and hangover) began when they realised that there will be a price for this fiesta of violence and brutality...

    And no, i dont recall Alliance signing up as a trembling, incapable victim of the horde that can only forgive its tormentors and wait for more punishment to come their way. Alliance is a DEFENSIVE block, but they never succeed at defending anything.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-01-25 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    You must have ignored the sheer tsunami of gleeful gloating and insults towards the Alliance that broke out during BfA prepatch, whole celebratory konga horde was doing and dancing on corpses, so to say.
    Not "ignored" so much as "recognized as a very small minority."

    Yeah, I know, you want to believe every single Horde member was literally dancing on corpses, yet you ignore the literal tsunami of forum posts from Horde members stating straight out that they don't stand with this and would never have done this which SIGNIFICANTLY outnumbered it.

    I didn't play for long in BfA. But I was Alliance for the duration, as someone who played Horde since Wrath. Same with several of my group members. Yes, this is a small anecdote, but the point is there's a non-zero number of Horde-loyalists who willingly STOPPED playing Horde over that singular event.

    It was THE peak of horde tribalism and hype and they loved every millisecond of it. The sobering (and hangover) began when they realised that there will be a price for this fiesta of violence and brutality...
    For one, the Horde was never more fractured than at that moment, because there WAS a group that encouraged it. A minority group, but a group nontheless. It was far from "the peak of horde tribalism and hype" and there was a far greater number of those who did NOT "love every millisecond of it" no matter how much hyperbole you want to throw into this.

    For two, there was not a single moment that anyone thought there would not be consequences. You're just making shit up at this point.

    And no, i dont recall Alliance signing up as a trembling, incapable victim of the horde that can only forgive its tormentors and wait for more punishment to come their way.
    Good thing nobody said you did. Lawful good heroes don't go committing genocide or starting world-scale wars over resources they could willingly and capably share amongst all living beings though.

    Alliance is a DEFENSIVE block, but they never succeed at defending anything.
    And the Horde is an OFFENSIVE block, but they never succeed at attacking anything. Until the story calls for it.

    You ignore that Stormwind has been attacked on multiple occasions and still stands. You ignore that the Alliance has suffered great losses as a whole, but has never fractured - Not even once. If you hate your faction so much, don't play it. The Alliance is exactly what it should be - Yes, sometimes that means Lawful Stupid and Boringly Cliched. Yes, that means in order to drive their story, the Alliance has to suffer losses - Nobody wants to play Farmville in Warcraft, where everyone is at peace because the Alliance successfully defeated all the evil in existence, and nobody wants to see the Alliance fracture over petty drama.

    (Nobody wants to see the Horde fracture over petty drama either. Unfortunately, we've been forced to suffer through it not just once - But TWICE. Count your blessings.)
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2021-01-25 at 04:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Not "ignored" so much as "recognized as a very small minority."

    Yeah, I know, you want to believe every single Horde member was literally dancing on corpses, yet you ignore the literal tsunami of forum posts from Horde members stating straight out that they don't stand with this and would never have done this which SIGNIFICANTLY outnumbered it.

    I didn't play for long in BfA. But I was Alliance for the duration, as someone who played Horde since Wrath. Same with several of my group members. Yes, this is a small anecdote, but the point is there's a non-zero number of Horde-loyalists who willingly STOPPED playing Horde over that singular event.



    For one, the Horde was never more fractured than at that moment, because there WAS a group that encouraged it. A minority group, but a group nontheless. It was far from "the peak of horde tribalism and hype" and there was a far greater number of those who did NOT "love every millisecond of it" no matter how much hyperbole you want to throw into this.

    For two, there was not a single moment that anyone thought there would not be consequences. You're just making shit up at this point.



    Good thing nobody said you did. Lawful good heroes don't go committing genocide or starting world-scale wars over resources they could willingly and capably share amongst all living beings though.



    And the Horde is an OFFENSIVE block, but they never succeed at attacking anything. Until the story calls for it.

    You ignore that Stormwind has been attacked on multiple occasions and still stands. You ignore that the Alliance has suffered great losses as a whole, but has never fractured - Not even once. If you hate your faction so much, don't play it. The Alliance is exactly what it should be - Yes, sometimes that means Lawful Stupid and Boringly Cliched. Yes, that means in order to drive their story, the Alliance has to suffer losses - Nobody wants to play Farmville in Warcraft, where everyone is at peace because the Alliance successfully defeated all the evil in existence, and nobody wants to see the Alliance fracture over petty drama.

    (Nobody wants to see the Horde fracture over petty drama either. Unfortunately, we've been forced to suffer through it not just once - But TWICE. Count your blessings.)
    Alliance is not at all what it should be. Its a sham, a parody of itself and a complete and utter failure of its every core tenet. It is so bad that playing the faction is impossible for me and horde is even worse so i left the game entirely since 8.1 and will not return in foreseeable future.

    And no, horde had tons of fun with War of Thorns and Teldrassil and while you will deny that i WAS THERE when the forums overflowed with hatred, jeering and mockery. Horde was so utterly vicious in its hatred of the Alliance that frankly i regretted my every decision regarding Jaina and Purge of Dalaran. Back then i hated on her hardcore, and wanted to kill her and offer her head to Lor'Themar, even if it would not fix the damage done. Just to show that this is not what Alliance would stand for. But now? After seeing horde's reaction to Teldrassil? I only regret she didnt went all out and killed ALL blood elves in Dalran. And then used the city to blast Silvermoon into an arcane-filled puddle, personally turning Lor'Themar into an ice sculpture. I regret that she didnt flooded Orgrimmar and entire Durotar. Maybe also dropping Dalaran on Undercity.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I see this forum continues to be pathetic. I wonder how society turned like this when people are praising mass murderers just because they inflict pain on the opposite faction in a video game. I guess everyone is a keyboard warrior behind the annonymity of a keyboard. I am really ashamed of ever creating an account just to talk as it seems there is no politeness here anymore.
    You say while literally insulting every person, so congrats.

  17. #37
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,132
    This is closed. We don't need threads complaining about complaining or discussion encouraging people to attack others over factions in a game.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •