Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Activision's Vicarious Visions Merged into Blizzard

Activision's Vicarious Visions Merged into Blizzard
    According to Gameindustry.biz, long-time Activision publishing studio Vicarious Visions is now merged into Blizzard Studios and will be "fully dedicated" to Blizzard titles going forward. The former studio head, Jen Oneal, has been promoted to Blizzard executive vice president of development.

Vicarious Visions is most known for the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, and comes with a team of about 200 people. It is unknown what projects they are going to be working on. For more information, check out the news post from Gameindustry by clicking the banner.

Jason Schreier from Bloomberg has shared more information about the merge, as well as some insight on Warcraft 3: Reforged and Diablo 2: Resurrected.
    • Due to how poor Warcraft 3: Reforged was received, Blizzard wanted to avoid repeating their mistakes for Diablo 2: Resurrected.
    • Blizzard's Team 1, responsible for StarCraft 2, StarCraft Remastered, Heroes of the Storm and Warcraft 3: Reforged, was quietly dismantled last fall.
    • Members of Team 1 were offered interviews for other jobs at Blizzard, however some of them left for new studios such as Frost Giant Inc. and Dreamhaven Inc.
    • Blizzard's Diablo 4 Team is now working together with Vicarious Visions on the development of Diablo 2: Resurrected.

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-01-23 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tony Hawk pro skater?

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know who they are?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Not sure what this means, but more activision involvement in blizzard is only bad.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Tony Hawk pro skater?

Odd thing to complain about given the high popularity and ratings for the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well RIP to another studio, mostly known for Skylanders, Crash 1-3 Remake and Pro Skater 1-2 Remake.

One more reason to quit. Getting easier.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I should direct my repeated requests to bring back Terminus to Blizzard now?

Looking at their portfolio, they mostly did games like Skylanders...that is not good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Tony Hawk pro skater?

They did the Crash and Tony Hawk 1+2 remasters, and before that the Skylanders games.

My initial guess is that they might have been folded into Blizzard to help work on Overwatch 2 or Diablo IV. Or maybe some other new project that will be announced next month during Blizzconline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    One more reason to quit. Getting easier.
    Why would this ever give you a reason to quit, what I'm assuming, WoW?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    Looking at their portfolio, they mostly did games like Skylanders...that is not good.
    Their remakes were pretty damn good. But like I said before, their staff is most likely just going to be working in a supporting role on other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Or maybe some other new project that will be announced next month during Blizzconline.
    I'd lean towards this, as the technical/implementation job postings for "Unannounced Title" have been more frequent.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

THPS1&2 was a great little remake that hit all the same notes as the original, although I think it would be fairer to say Neversoft are more well known for the THPS series.

Frankly I'm a bit concerned that it's VV that are getting a bum deal here, being forced to work on Blizzard's output...

"Hey VV, you did an amazing job with Crash and Tony Hawk, how about you stop making good shit and get absorbed by this rotten corpse that is part of our name!"

-Bobby K, the humanoid personification of stale cum.

https://www.shondaland.com/live/mone...n-video-games/

Just some information on her. I have no problems with what the article is discussing, but I can’t wait for all the misogynists to start showing up complaining about another female in a development position trying to make more female characters have a more prominent and diverse role.
    Could lead for some interesting new characters or better development of existing ones as we go.

More Activision-ness into Blizzards once good name is not something they needed right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    https://www.shondaland.com/live/mone...n-video-games/

Just some information on her. I have no problems with what the article is discussing, but I can’t wait for all the misogynists to start showing up complaining about another female in a development position trying to make more female characters have a more prominent and diverse role.
    Could lead for some interesting new characters or better development of existing ones as we go.
    Why bring it up to begin with? You're literally the one starting something right here.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Diablo 2 remaster - and do it right now!!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO