Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does that make the Bee Movie game a Blizzard title now?
    (this post was a joke, I'm sorry. It had to be made)

So back to the actual topic...

Interesting info from Jason Schrier:

Blizzard's Team 1 was responsible for StarCraft II, Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft Remastered, and Warcraft 3 Reforged (which was the product of -- surprise! -- unrealistic deadlines created by financial pressures). Its next project was going to be the Diablo 2 remake.

Last year, Blizzard pulled the D2 remake from Team 1 and gave it to Team 3 (the Diablo IV team) which is now overseeing and working with Vicarious Visions on the project

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    The biggest thing you missed about this is the actual company and what it does. Making assumptions pretty much gave out that you have absolutely no idea what VV has actually done and you just saw name of female and started your google hunt.
    Yeah, I saw her name and went to find an article about who she is and what her background is, such as what games she has worked on and any projects she has lead. That’s kind of what you do when you are researching things, you look them up. She has a very decent background and also is an advocate for more diversity in games and life. They have worked on Skylanders, as well as the THPS 1&2 remake. It’s all in the article that I linked and I happened to read when I got curious as to who Blizzard is getting for a new lead of development.
    Not sure what assumptions I made other than an advocate for inclusion and diversity will, more than likely, bring that into the games she is appointed to.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2021-01-23 at 12:22 AM.

Well, looks like 200 ppl will be let go come 3rd quarter after Activision announces a record 2021.

Destiny 2 has been terrible since VV has stopped working with Bungie on their expansions. This is really good news for Blizzard even though people aren't realizing it.

Everything Activision touches turns to shit. RIP VV

The high ups were like.. the industry is onto us.. we only pay people 12 bucks an hour to fuel our multibillion dollar stock holders interests.. people are leaving.. only fools that think this is their dream job apply and we have burned all the bridges with the good ones and they are working elsewhere now.. what are we to do? I know.. I know.. just throw one of our other studios over there. Sure, by 2022 they will all be looking or have found other jobs but we fueled the stock machine for at least another year. Families destroyed.. lives wasted.. talent thrown to the river.. who cares... STOCKS!!

Does this mean the new wow zones with have music by Del the funkee homosapien and Sum41?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Um...VV has been owned by Activision since 2005. You wanna try that again?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    I wonder if you're as quick to stand up and call out sexism for guys when women rave and complain about all things wrong with men?
    Ummm. Actually No I don't. I usually try NOT to involve myself with petty ass things like this and politics. It is one of the reasons I play video games so that I don't put myself in a mind state of picking out stupid details of racism, sexism, and dirty ass politics. Neither side of politics are angels. They are dirty ass bitches dressed in nice suits, but are doing some of the nasty shit behind closed doors. As far as men and women doing things, I could care less. If the woman wants to do what a man does then, Hell, let them. Not sure what all the fuss is about a woman doing the same thing a man does. I just don't like what was thread about something else get HIJACKED into something else that it was originally NOT about.

EDIT......I normally don't do threads where people are chasing for clout. I saw this thread was something on video game companies merging and now it has been detoured by something on sexism. So now knowing that this will be my last reply to this garbage. Cause it is not my thing.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

awesome news. with their experience, they can design various landscapes, or turn already existing landscapes into skate courses.
    First things first, gotta refine the world quest at revendreth where you hop in a cart go down the hill. Need a few bumbs where we can fly high in the air and do a flip.

fuck sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    This right here is a great example of what I was mentioning. No one has mentioned anything about forcing anything. You immediately jumped to that conclusion because of factors I don’t know, but could assume based off the given information of the posts that (a) you don’t agree with it so it must be so, and/or (b) because it’s a woman so it must be forced in and has no actual place.

- - - Updated - - -

True. It could be a million times worse or a million times better.
    So, Diablo 2 remaster holiday 2021 or Q1 2022. Diablo 4 holiday 2023. Gives blizzard almost 3 more years to polish up Diablo 4.

Q2 2021-TBC
    Q3 2021-Overwatch 2
    Q1 2022-Diablo 2 Remaster
    Q3 2022- WoW expansion.
    Q1 2023- Wrath
    Q2 2023 New IP/unannounced game.
    Q4 2023 Diablo 4.

Thats my guess for the next few years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    I could see them remastering Diablo 2 to tide people over while Diablo 4 is being developed. Honestly, this is good for Blizzard, I just question why Vicarious Visions was merged when they seemed to be outputting pretty successful projects as of late. Maybe just for more consolidation in Activision Blizzard overall?
    I don't think it's necessarily that Team 1 was bad, but that they didn't have enough time to make the games good. They had to outsource a ton of work to different studios and push the game back and it still wasn't ready. They needed more time. It should have been pushed to the end of Q4 2020 or even 2021.

That WoW expansion is quick tho....

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Man if only you would have done some research beforehand..

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Man if only you would have done some research beforehand..
    Man, if only your comment made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why would he / she / them even need more reasons? If he / she / them wants to quit...just quit. Don't gather up reaons. Like..is it...uh...I hate the game and Blizzard...and I want to quit...but I need to fill this ragebar to 100%?
    No. It's that people have played the game for so long it has become a habit. One that is hard to break. Much like smoking. Quitting has been VERY difficult. It is now getting easier. I don't see how that is a difficult concept /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, if only your comment made sense.
    I mean, the rest of the thread kind of spelt it out already, they owned VV for a long time. Should probably stick to bashing on other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    THPS1&2 was a great little remake that hit all the same notes as the original, although I think it would be fairer to say Neversoft are more well known for the THPS series.

Frankly I'm a bit concerned that it's VV that are getting a bum deal here, being forced to work on Blizzard's output...
    The Crash remake trilogy was also very well received, so they have a good recent track record with remakes. As sad as it is, they seem far more qualified and trustworthy to remake old Blizzard games than Blizzard themselves.

Just hope they actually allow them to do the art in-house, instead of outsourcing it like W3R.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Q2 2021-TBC
    Q3 2021-Overwatch 2
    Q1 2022-Diablo 2 Remaster
    Q3 2022- WoW expansion.
    Q1 2023- Wrath
    Q2 2023 New IP/unannounced game.
    Q4 2023 Diablo 4.

Thats my guess for the next few years.
    Not unlikely, although I would expect TBC beta soon(tm) after BlizzcOnline, and release in Q3 only. And Q1 feels early for a D2 remaster, but I guess it depends how long it has been in development (if it is, at all). If it's to come anytime soon, we'll hear about it at Blizzcon for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I mean, the rest of the thread kind of spelt it out already, they owned VV for a long time. Should probably stick to bashing on other forums.
    And based on the train wreck that is wc3 reforged, I don't see Diablo 2 remake being anything other than trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    The high ups were like.. the industry is onto us.. we only pay people 12 bucks an hour to fuel our multibillion dollar stock holders interests.. people are leaving.. only fools that think this is their dream job apply and we have burned all the bridges with the good ones and they are working elsewhere now.. what are we to do? I know.. I know.. just throw one of our other studios over there. Sure, by 2022 they will all be looking or have found other jobs but we fueled the stock machine for at least another year. Families destroyed.. lives wasted.. talent thrown to the river.. who cares... STOCKS!!
    Stonks* But this^ so much this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^