Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    100% of MDI teams are Alliance because of their OP racials. Horde PvE not looking great after seeing this many Alliance teams dominating the MDI race. Something Blizzard needs to look at before it's too late.

Maybe remove some of their OP racials or make Horde racials evenly good.
    I have to believe this is humor.

Alliance is massively underpopulated in PvE activities. If anything, this needs to be made more extreme, in order to even populations out again.

It's actually true that alliance have better racials in pve. This isn't just an m+ thing either. Most dps classes also sim better as one or more alliance races. Limit_Max said in the roundtable discussion with Preach that they considered switching to Alliance even after dwarf racial was nerfed for Nathria and they only decided against it because the huge horde population would make it easier to use viewers for class stacking splits and carrying high m+ keys for gear.

That being said, I don't think it's currently harmful to the game. Horde is still the dominant faction by a huge amount so I don't see a good reason to nerf alliance. Definitely something Blizz should keep an eye on in the coming years though.

I always wondered what would happen if blizz removed racials from the game ! (i dont mean the cry babies i meant if people would faction change)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ye man that Alliance domination live servers man, Horde dead man... maaaan!

All of the top tier PvE is in Horde, everything ranked is Horde. Out of top 100 guilds in wowprogress 16 are Alliance and 84 are Horde.

So yeah, bud, once in a while in MDI you gonna suck it up and maybe have one thing going for Alliance for years now when it comes to actual pro activity.
    You nailed it man, this OP is a horde lover and cant stand Alliance finally getting some lime light. Worlds firsts > horde, PvP > horde, top raid guilds > horde. give me a break and let the Alliance get some love. Not to mention Horde get cooler new races. It's nice to see Blue for once in a sea of Red.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Everyone will eventually, just like what happened during Wotlk and after, everyone moved to horde because of racials and they nerfed Horde racials too late.
    nah. racials aren't enough to get people to go back to alliance. even easy to get hall of fame slots aren't doing much.

why? cause horde is so dominant now that if you go alliance you'll have massive massive recruitment issues. on MDI that doesn't really matter since i guess they just use pre-made chars.

on top of that you can't play with your friends anymore if you go alliance.

only way they are going to solve the faction imbalance nowadays is to allow them to play together, so you aren't cucking yourself by going alliance.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-01-23 at 07:50 PM.

100% of MDI teams are Alliance because of their OP racials. Horde PvE not looking great after seeing this many Alliance teams dominating the MDI race. Something Blizzard needs to look at before it's too late.

MDI is so homogenous it won't change anything. There will NEVER be a multitude fo different teams. Nearly everyone will always play the best.
    If you buff horde racials even slightly ahead of alliance mdi will be horde again.
    It doesn't really matter. At all. Perfect balance will never exist in a game with so many variables and human players. It is not possible.

Edit: For normal players who are not in a competition it doesn't matter. Most high end players are horde. That won't change unless you make alliance racials so crazy more powerfull that people actually get all their friends to invest into a faction change. Won't happen. The global switch from alliance to horde did not happen over night. High end players switched for world first race. and then part by part players trickled over because you got the best players on one side. It wasn't BAM everyone went horde. But no one is really willing to ionvest so much to get back to alliance if the outcome is not so incredibly good.
    You could do the same again. In a few expansions we have the same problem on alliance has now on the horde side but we are all 50 bucks poorer and blizz has a shitload of more money for a minuscle change.

The ship has sailed. The only way out of this bullshit is to open u the big 2 factions and fuck PvP logic. Seriously. PvP makes no sense anymore anyway in every battleground. And for open world pvp... idk... does anyone really care? It is just groupos of players zerging and camping down solo players. You could implement ffa zones. Or a special PvP faction you can choose to join which puts you at war with everyone in another faction in the open world with warmode on.
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2021-01-24 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    You nailed it man, this OP is a horde lover and cant stand Alliance finally getting some lime light. Worlds firsts > horde, PvP > horde, top raid guilds > horde. give me a break and let the Alliance get some love. Not to mention Horde get cooler new races. It's nice to see Blue for once in a sea of Red.
    Some lime light? With the exception of an aoe interrupt, horde racials have been objectively inferior to alliance racials for at least 3 expansions, both in numbers and utility in raid settings and 5man settings and pvp settings. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    I always wondered what would happen if blizz removed racials from the game ! (i dont mean the cry babies i meant if people would faction change)
    No.

Alliance has had the better racials for years now. The top guilds in the world have repeatedly stated that in terms of racials, they would all go Alliance no question.

It's not about the racials anymore. Racials is where it started, back in the day - now it's about community. Nevermind the fact that transferring an entire guild at the top level costs THOUSANDS OF US$, they would still be facing a massively lower pool of players to recruit; massively lower economic power for the faction side; massively lower community support; and so on.

It's a foregone conclusion. Factions are so embedded now that it's practically impossible to change things without some fundamental shift like establishing new factions in an expansion that people get to choose, or something like that. Racials are not going to be effective enough. Not even close.

Its not about horde or alliance. Its just night elf shadowmeld alowing you to do big skips. All characters on mdi were night elfs. Thats a reason why we didnt see any resto sham there

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    nah. racials aren't enough to get people to go back to alliance. even easy to get hall of fame slots aren't doing much.

why? cause horde is so dominant now that if you go alliance you'll have massive massive recruitment issues. on MDI that doesn't really matter since i guess they just use pre-made chars.

on top of that you can't play with your friends anymore if you go alliance.

only way they are going to solve the faction imbalance nowadays is to allow them to play together, so you aren't cucking yourself by going alliance.

Yeah, I’d love to play a dark iron, but all my friends are horde and whenever we stop raiding it’s usually due to recruitment issues.

If you nerf horde for raids, sure.

I dont think I've ever seen a bigger non-issue than this