Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Upcoming PvP Tuning Changes for January 26

Upcoming PvP Tuning Changes for January 26
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re working on a new set of PvP tuning changes that will be applied to the game with weekly maintenance in each region (January 26 in this region). Here’s what we’re currently testing:

Player vs. Player

• Players now deal 20% less damage to Death Knight, Hunter, and Warlock pets.
    • In 2v2 Arenas, Dampening will begin at 20% when both teams have either a tank or healer.
    • Druid
    • Mage
      • Triune Ward (legendary) now provides 50% effective barriers (was 65%) in PvP situations.**
      • Fire
    • Paladin
      • Holy
        • Divine Favor (Honor Talent) cooldown increased to 30 seconds (was 25 seconds), and now increases cast speed by 30% (was 60%).
      • Protection, Retribution
        • Word of Glory’s healing has been reduced by 20% in PVP situations.

As always, we’ll post updates if we make changes to the changes, and the final adjustments will appear in our hotfixes update soon after they go live.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-01-23 at 02:24 AM.

Say goodbye to that rating lolololol.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Say goodbye to that rating lolololol.
    if you only got that rating due to skills being so strong they got nerfed, and you can't keep the rating after, you never should have had that rating to begin with

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Reasonable changes for once. Good job!

Word of Glory nerf was needed. Self heal was insane

They took care of a couple absurd outliers but there's so much more that could be done. This is how we know there's like 1 person working on this game that we're supposed to pay for every month.

Worst possible choise for holy paladin nerf. How the fuck is pala supposed to keep people alive without favor cast time.

WoG needs a 60% nerf at the very least

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    They have no idea how to balance, WoG isn't even the issue...... Its our talent..... :P
    But yeh, i expected something along 50% nerf...

I can't wait to see how MMO-C's arm chair game developers look at these changes and assume that since they didn't completely overhaul the entire fucking game in a hotfix that there is nobody at Blizzard who knows how to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    They took care of a couple absurd outliers but there's so much more that could be done. This is how we know there's like 1 person working on this game that we're supposed to pay for every month.
    Fuck, guess I was too late.

If only those dastardly Blizzard devs consulted you personally for every change they make to the game maybe we'd have a game worth playing!

Took them long enough. Better later than never I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I can't wait to see how MMO-C's arm chair game developers look at these changes and assume that since they didn't completely overhaul the entire fucking game in a hotfix that there is nobody at Blizzard who knows how to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, guess I was too late.

If only those dastardly Blizzard devs consulted you personally for every change they make to the game maybe we'd have a game worth playing!
    And on queue the Blizz apologists arrive on horseback!

Finally. I really enjoyed getting Full Mooned for 28k on the first tick of Convoke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Not remotely true.

Not only is that not remotely true % wise, WoG isn;t even the thing that needs nerfing, it's the Healing Hands talent... WoG's base value is actually pretty tame already, it's only when Healing Hands comes into cinsideration that it becomes a problem... They nerfed the wrong damn thing, and now Healing Hands is mandatory for WoG to not be trash, they just killed every other talent on that row and cemented HH as the only viable talent to pick there.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    if you only got that rating due to skills being so strong they got nerfed, and you can't keep the rating after, you never should have had that rating to begin with
    Yes, hence why many people have been upset with the current tuning before these nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yes, hence why many people have been upset with the current tuning before these nerfs.
    don't hate the player hate the game :P

please don't suggest balance changes unless you're a high rated player (1500+)

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    And on queue the Blizz apologists arrive on horseback!
    Yes, because anybody who doesn't call Blizzard incompetent from the safety of their warm keyboards is immediately, by definition, an apologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    please don't suggest balance changes unless you're a high rated player (1500+)
    High rated....1500+.....?

I’m happy with these changes. I was worried they would over-nerf abilities. I like the small incremental changes, I just wish they could make changes more frequently. The 2’s dampening change is excellent, should cut down on how long games last in 2’s.

Where are the monk nerfs? And yeah, nerf prot pala healing more in pvp