Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Why is anima so rare?

I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue but has anyone else found it a struggle to simply escape together enough anima to upgrade your covenant much less buy any of the cosmetics?

I admit the content I enjoy doesn't overly reward anima but it does strike me as odd just how hard to come by it is.

Yeah it's weird... the costs scale up as you upgrade, but the revenue of anima does not.... i guess it's meant to be worked on throughout the expansion, and not just the first patch? Sucks for me, as I want to go through each covenant, but there is simply too much anima to farm for all that...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue but has anyone else found it a struggle to simply escape together enough anima to upgrade your covenant much less buy any of the cosmetics?

I admit the content I enjoy doesn't overly reward anima but it does strike me as odd just how hard to come by it is.
    Well, that was the story for the campaign no?
    The drought, lack of Anima in the Shadowlands.

Jokes aside, I agree, Anima income could use a bit of a boost or you spend every day doing all the anima dailies to get what you want.
    Fortunately most uses are purely cosmetic so if your bored with farming for a while you can simply stop doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Yeah it's weird... the costs scale up as you upgrade, but the revenue of anima does not.... i guess it's meant to be worked on throughout the expansion, and not just the first patch? Sucks for me, as I want to go through each covenant, but there is simply too much anima to farm for all that...
    Yeah and for your Covenant upgrades your Soul income also rises every few weeks, but Anima income doesn't follow.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account

not really, there is usually about 1k a day from world quests alone if you wanna do them all thats 7k a week, then ontop of that ones from weekly quests, dailies, rares, treasures, bonus from warmode, pvp, M+, raid, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yes, considering the sheer amount you need for the upgrades and cosmetics the anima sources are quite rare and low.

Probably to simply keep you hooked over the xpac, but I expect some changes on how and how much to acquire it with the coming patches (several cosmetics were changed in the later beta patches to cost anima instead of gold or other currencies, but they never adjusted the rate to get anima).

Denathrius gave it all there was to the Jailer.

At least they are consistent with their fantasy.

It sucks? Yeah it sucks but Blizzard just need to change the cost of everything to scale properly.

Just wait it out. 9.1 or 9.2 they'll buff it. Right now they're just farming people's time.

Most likely will get a across the board bump or another source to farm it from in 9.1+ Personally I'm hoping they add it to Torghast or Twisting Corridors since there is no reason to go back after you've cleared that place and got your legendaries maxed.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I get ~1k average per day doing wq round on all zones every evening + some weekly stuff. I still need 50k to build all things. When we add all cosmetics, it's probably 3 months of doing world quests every day.

Now add other covenants. And other armor types, some activities have to be repeated there on top of extra anima grind.

Yeah, for completionist potential grind is huge. I don't get why we didn't get some kind of 'artifact knowledge'. I could be done early Legion style (so for your account, not region), so Blizzard would be sure every player will go same path.

i'm not having any issues. i really only do the 140 wq, the mission tables, and whatever else gives a good amount. granted, i only care for one toon and that one toon can only work one covenant.

The fact lorewise we are in an anima drought and then NPCs have the nerve to charge me 5k for a backpack...

'Sure you could help regrow our tree and ensure our survival...... OR, you could look a little cooler'

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not really, there is usually about 1k a day from world quests alone if you wanna do them all thats 7k a week, then ontop of that ones from weekly quests, dailies, rares, treasures, bonus from warmode, pvp, M+, raid, etc.
    Wow... imagine doing all the WQ's on the map everyday...

Because it's 9.0. Wait till 9.1 and you will get more, as it always has been the case with such ressources.

I'm not that worried about my sanctum and it's rewards; at the end of the expansion I will have aquired them all with minimal effort, because I can't be assed to farm WQs. I'm pretty convinced by that.

Probably you will get some from Torghast or the mission table. Those are systems that lack rewards or seem unfinished right now. And maybe more will drop from raids or your callings chest.

I’ve lived under the impression it’s to keep things in line with the story. I have a feeling the gains will increase every patch.

It is really really slow to scrape any anima and the fact that m+ gives 35 regardless of the key level is a freaking joke and a spit to the face.
    I feel like getting appearances on my main will take 2 years not even talking about other covenants and alts. It's a disaster.
    S.H.

Not at all. I'm mostly sitting around waiting for souls to actually use my anima while the stuff is burning holes in my pocket. Besides, we've got two years to get everything, it would be rather concerning if you were already done.

Anima isn't rare at all.

Because, apparently, this bare bones joke of a feature with 2 recolors of a set and a mount we already get for free is supposed to last us for 2 years. Apparently, getting your Kyrian armor in purple is something you should be looking forward to working towards for the next 12 months. At least that's what it sounds like when you listen to the insane I'm doing 20 worldquests per day and on top of that I'm grinding 1k anima from PvP every day and I already have 1/4th of my Sanctum upgraded + the first piece from my off-color mog in my bags, the system is totally fine guys crowd.

Blizzard's excuse for anima being rare is random story whatever bullshit. Yet what it once again just seems to be... is treadmill carrot on a stick time gating to elongate subs with little to no effort.

IF this was supposed to be an expansion-long feature then it's actually a joke because 3 fucking recolors and a 25% faster mission table is just fucking that: A joke.
    IF this wasn't supposed to be an expansion-long feature then we'll get another set of sanctum upgrades and armor recolors and what not in like 3 months... making getting anything even worse.
    IF they slowly increase anima gains throughout the expansion and IF this was intended all along... then there's no reason to start with prices this high. Of course, unless you're intentionally making it so that people have to actively farm worldquests every day for 6 months to get 2 fucking recolors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really feel rare and not really that bad as the person above me put.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well another pretty good question is why is the amount of anima rewarded from world quests random? can be from 35-140 and I have not noticed a correlation between time on the quest and reward.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

It's definitely disproportionately rare given the numbers asked for by some features...

BUT

As others have said: Canonically there's a drought.

Also, there's nothing inferring we're supposed to have fully upgraded sanctums and all the cosmetics "soon." Just because we can see the path at 9.0 doesn't mean the intended timeline, particularly to experience all four covenants (a distantly implied intention by their very existence), doesn't extend much later. Cosmetics are evergreen, and particularly deterministic/purchased cosmetics aren't obligated to be a short term goal.

But that said, it's still the launch quarter, and there's potentially going to be a boost or additional sources in the future.

But if there wasn't... would it be truly out of character for these deterministic features and cosmetics to unfold over the course of the expansion? The ownership of a fully decked out queen's conservatory, for example, (going from deterministic to heavy RNG) has the opportunity to continue to pursue its full compliment of rewards going forward forever... like a legacy raid.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-01-18 at 01:24 AM.