Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    What actually happened to wc3 reforged? Is it good now or did blizz just scrap it ?

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    What actually happened to wc3 reforged? Is it good now or did blizz just scrap it ?
    They're still "working on it", although I don't think it has received any major changes since August. There might've been a couple of balance changes to online matchmaking games though. I think they've talked about adding support for custom campaigns, but I believe that's still far off.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Good to see Blizzard admitted WCIII:Reforged was poorly received.

The poor advertising and lack of new content probably had a lot to do with that. I know a few folks were hoping for either another expansion or extra missions to fill the Lore gap between the end of WCIII and the beginning of WoW.

D2 + LoD is still for sale on the Blizzard Store. I'm sure if they had to, they could just reverse engineer a copy.

I heard they almost lost all the assets but they were able to track down a former member of the original team who still had their copy of the raw files and that person personally brought it on a USB Drive.

Anywho, we will have to wait and see if the D2 Remake is like WCIII (Everything pure 3D) or the Starcraft Remake (tweaked to work with the Blizzard Desktop App and interface). WCIII's always online requirement is also a valid concern for D2:R.
    But why were they hoping for that, I mean it was never once said to be something that would be added.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    The fact the Team 1 which was responsible of the management of it has been dismantled last Autumn, says a lot about the state of the project. Very likely it's gonna be outsourced for the most part with a small internal team for the management.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

5+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 2 was fun, certainly much better than D3 where you're fully geared after two days and can't trade gear.

However, they absolutely must fix a few things (mostly PvP perspective):

- magic damage: no resistances against it available
    - elemental damage: can be absorbed to the point where your enemy heals you with his attacks, especially frost and fire (this means sorc is useless in PvP)
    - slow missile (for example on shield): pretty much destroys classes who rely on casting something with a travel time
    - for almost any class the game is unplayable without enigma (teleport runeword on chestpiece)
    - classes that are no casters are hampered by slow faster cast rates but they still have to cast teleports, barbarian is the exception here, as he still has a good faster cast rate despite being a meele
    - later in the game even BiS items (uniques) are worth nothing compared to runes and charms
    - set items are useless and very very underpowered, the opposite of what's going on in D3
    - charms consuming all of the space in your inventory --> there should be dedicated charm slots
    - 75% block requirement, meaning that classes that don't profit from dexterity still have to heavily invest into it. You don't even need to try PvP without 75% block. This also means that 2-handers are useless.
    - the way armor works: reduces chance of being hit. really? lol
    - there is no physical damage reduction from armor, instead you have to rely on block and %reduce on very few items, which aren't BiS
    - lots of underpowered and unplayable skills and talents
    - storage chest should be much bigger and account wide
    - PvE: only certain spots are good for leveling and farming at high levels. It would be better if the region with the best loot and most powerful mobs would change on a daily basis.
    - no transmog, everyone looks the same
    - gold is pretty much worthless
    - probably a lot more things that I have forgotten about... but the worst thing of all is absorbing elemental damage as it basically deletes entire specs or even classes from participating in the PvP game
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2021-01-31 at 09:45 AM.