Thread: I miss dkp.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

I miss dkp.

EPGP NOT DKP - there are many different systems, the system i had great rewards from (and everyone else in guild did too) was a non bidding, static cost equal reward based on attendance system.

You would be rewarded earn points depending on

- being on time (50dkp) same for all
    - killing a boss (50dkp) same for all
    - a progress kill (100dkp) same for all
    - a static amount for all every hour (20dkp) same for all
    - staying till the end (50dkp) same for all
    Players that were benched and available for raid would accumilate the exact same that those that were in play were recieving.

every item slot would have its static cost pre set,

weapons 1300dkp
    tier 950dkp
    armor 675dkp

when you bid you would bid either

need (100% cost)
    minor upgrade/alt (75% cost)
    pass

Every 2nd week you would lower everyones dkp by 30% to deter from people hoarding, the more you hoarded the more you lost.

Empowering your toon to the max level goes a little something like this

Do weeklies
    Do enough of the content you want to give enough options that you are satisfied with in your vault to which even if you obtain the 9 full options you could still get shafted.
    Pray to rng.

Remember the EPGP system? this was an amazing system that rewarded players based on there effort allowing players to spend the points they EARNT on what they chose when they chose. having there (earn points) reduced every time they won an item.
    Player a) puts in 16 hours - is rewarded with an item from his bis list because....he has more earn points
    Player b) puts in 2 hours - realises that he has to wait untill next week because he didnt earn enough, but at least now player a) has the item and is no longer against him for it.

Cue backlash and instant angry responses from player bs.

"bUT i dESERVE tHE vERY bEST gEAR bEFORE tHE pLAYER tHAT aTTENDED 4/4 rAIDS jUST bECAUSE i oNLY aTTEND 1/4 dUE tO jOB, bABY, mY fAVOURITE tEAM pLAYING, iLLNESS, hAD a pOWERCUT, i fELL aSLEEP, hAD vISITORS, sHOULDNT mEAN tHE gUY tHAT cLEARED hIS sCHEDULE aND mADE sURE hE aTTENDED sHOULD gET gEAR bEFORE mE iT sHOULD bE fAIR iTS mY gAME tOO"

Player bs you have destroyed the game and made items meaningless thanks to blizzard accommadating your entitled attitudes over the years.

What can and does happen in current gearing system
    Player a) puts in 16 hours - recieves a tiny upgrade in weekly vault
    Player b) puts in 2 hours - receives best in slot weapon to proceed to go into content and press his/her 3 buttons in the wrong order.

OF COURSE player b is going to be happy with the current gearing system, the game has accommadated the people that dont put the effort in so much so that wow is losing 140k subs a year as more and more and more people realise this game is actually very unrewarding for you unless you are lucky.

Why do you think wow is losing 140k subs a year? 140k players a year getting fed up of being unrewarded for the effort they put in.

Good job player bs, good job.
    Last edited by SoloMmofriendly; 2021-01-23 at 05:24 AM.

That system sucked big time. People who did not have any competition in their class could get everything for next to nothing and then outbid everyone on important stuff like tier tokens. No, thanks, good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    That system sucked big time. People who did not have any competition in their class could get everything for next to nothing and then outbid everyone on important stuff like tier tokens. No, thanks, good riddance.
    Sounds like something a player b would say.

If a player is winning all there items alone, they will be below the people that are in more populated class pools due to them not winning as much and them saving there dkp.

So no. they wouldnt then go and win the tier items after they spent all there dkp on other items.
    Last edited by SoloMmofriendly; 2021-01-22 at 07:10 AM.

Blizzard stopped releasing subscriber numbers more than half a decade ago yet somehow you got access to highly classified information and the only thing you could think to do with it is make a nostalgia-drenched rant about Masterloot being better than PL? How disappointing. Weren't you supposed to be playing SWTOR or something anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by SoloMmofriendly View Post
    sounds like HE knows what he is talking about, DKP system was shite, only people missing it are some of those who had the control over giving the DKP and were missusing it

and people who sucked terribly, as mostly DKP gave points for BEING THERE not being useful

so true still rememeber when i had literaly the most geared toon of my class on draenor-eu - simply because i was only leather user in my raid for quite some time i was getting loot for ffree while hoarding points for weapons/trinkets

its was extremly unfair system - good that they removed ML

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard stopped releasing subscriber numbers more than half a decade ago yet somehow you got access to highly classified information and the only thing you could think to do with it is make a nostalgia-drenched rant about Masterloot being better than PL? How disappointing. Weren't you supposed to be playing SWTOR or something anyway?
    You have to ask why they suddenly stopped releasing the numbers, if they was on the up im pretty sure they would use that as an advertising tool to recruit new players. the player base is in decline of course they arent going to release the figures that shows just how fast the ship is sinking.

Its been sinking for a long time, shadowlands feels like the point where the front end of the titanic broke off and sank into the ocean.

I touched upon it due to it being giant reason the content is unrewarding for a huge part of its player base. cause an effect, handouts for everyone, hows that going to effect the game? ultimately all your doing is giving the players a game like tekken just making the loading screen far more complex and longer to get through.
    Last edited by SoloMmofriendly; 2021-01-22 at 07:18 AM.

Why do you think wow is losing 140k subs a year? 1
    i dont think it is, but im SURE you didnt just pull a number out of your ass but you have some evidence to support this wild claim...

You have to ask why they suddenly stopped releasing the numbers, if they was on the up im pretty sure they would use that as an advertising tool to recruit new players. the player base is in decline of course they arent going to release the figures that shows just how fast the ship is sinking.
    Hang on, let me google this for you.

they cant release it occasionaly since they stopped doing it regularly, bcs if they did it once then every week some idiot on internet would make pointless post about how they lost bilions of subs, bcs if not WHY didnt they show subs this week?!

If a player is winning all there items alone, they will be below the people that are in more populated class pools due to them not winning as much and them saving there dkp.

So no. they wouldnt then go and win the tier items after they spent all there dkp on other items.
    That's not how any of this worked before personal loot, no.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so true still rememeber when i had literaly the most geared toon of my class on draenor-eu - simply because i was only leather user in my raid for quite some time i was getting loot for ffree while hoarding points for weapons/trinkets

its was extremly unfair system - good that they removed ML
    How did you receive loads of loot and still hoard points for weapons trinkets my friend? bit of a contradiction there mate

- - - Updated - - -

That's not how any of this worked before personal loot, no.
    Go into more depth to prove your point?

If a player is spending his dkp on 10 items where he has no competition.

How is he also "hoarding" dkp for weapons/trinkets at the same time? you cant hoard and spend at the exact same time? they are opposing things.

Of course you will have the exception where someone may have been the only cloth user one raid so won everything, but if he is the only cloth user then WHY IS IT A PROBLEM FOR EVERYONE ELSE THAT HE WON THE CLOTH ITEMS AT A COST OF DKP?

Its all excuses you guys make to try to validate the fact that you didnt put the effort in and you wanted more handouts than you deserved against the other players in your raid who either:

a) worked harder
    b) used there dkp wiser
    c) it was just an unfortunate coming together where it just meant that 1 week he was a little ahead of you

BUT HERES THE BEAUTY OF C. next time......your ahead. because thats how it worked.
    Last edited by SoloMmofriendly; 2021-01-22 at 07:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Solid parser. Close to 100% attendance when I am part of a regular raiding team. Huge fan of personal loot.

Edit:
    Master loot changed to personal loot, whoops.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2021-01-22 at 08:43 AM.

How did you receive loads of loot and still hoard points for weapons trinkets my friend? bit of a contradiction there mate
    no contradiction, just understading of the system which you CLEARLY lack

10+ Year Old Account
    DKP sucked, of all the guilds I had that used it you always had people who would bid on items they only slightly needed to jack up the price for the people they know who really needed the item just do bleed them. not to mention the people who had a armor type to themselves who could save all their points for weapons, trinkets, rings, necks and Tier tokens.

No, DKP was garbage and easily abusable. This coming from someone that rarely ever missed a minute of raid back when my raid groups used it.

You really need to find something else than bitch about something that ain't changing.

Of course you will have the exception where someone may have been the only cloth user one raid so won everything, but if he is the only cloth user then WHY IS IT A PROBLEM FOR EVERYONE ELSE THAT HE WON THE CLOTH ITEMS AT A COST OF DKP? thus for lowering his total dkp.
    theoretical situation: 5 clothers 1 leather (balance/resto druid) in a raid, everyone have (or will get during raid) 100DKP
    5 cloth items from first boss (bear with the absurdity for a while), bit of a haggle and each clother spends 60DKP on single item, each remaining at 40
    5 leather items from second boss that NOBODY ELSE can use but our druid, so he gets ALL OF THEM for 50 DPK (10 for each) bcs there is system in place that you cant bid less than 10 (we are talking about group that actualy have a bit of antihoard system, in most he could get the items for 5DKP)

last boss a caster staff drops, all clothers want it, druid also, they have 40DKP after getting 1item each, he have 50DKP after getting 5 items already...

now do you see how he can hoard items and save DKP at the same time?
    and before the "system should change so he have to spend more DKP even if nobody wants the item", where do you put the line?

Yeah, you and nobody else buddy. Sorry but as people around here have already mentioned, DKP sucked big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Yeah, you and nobody else buddy. Sorry but as people around here have already mentioned, DKP sucked big time.
    only people missing the DKP are
    1. those who were in charge and now they cant abuse their power
    2. those who brought nothing but their presence to raid

player a is a warrior with 100 dkp
    player b is a hunter with 95 dkp

You kill archimonde, he drops his bow. Player a spends all his dkp and gets the bow cause its a nice stat boost. Hunter runts on teamspeak for 1 hour. The guild has drama for the next 3 weeks.

"Hey guys, new expansion, starting dkp again, this time it will be fine because warriors can't use bows, dont worrry"

Plate boots drop, everybody passes on them cause they're saving dkp for a tier token. Boots get disenchanted. Cloth belt drops, everybody passes on that, they're saving their dkp for a trinket. Belt gets disec Mail gloves drop, guess what, everybody passes on them cause they're saving dkp for a weapon. Gloves get disenchanted. Officers rant on ventrilo for 2 hours, guild has drama.

New trial joins the guild, he's handed every piece of gear the rest of the team doesnt want. He cant say no cause his previous gear sucked, and he pays dkp for that. Now he's promoted to a member and he's -200 dkp. He knows he wont get a weapon for the next 6 weeks.

Question is, have YOU played with dkp OP?