Artifact Weapons to legacy items.

As I was running old raids for mounts I was thinking about the legacy system. Now imagine if we can take our artifact weapons and use them in legacy raids. Give them a new talent system that would buff us also while running old raids. Movement speed, dmg, teleporting, etc. Just something that would give them a use rather then just sitting in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuvanet View Post
    Just something that would give them a use rather then just sitting in the bank.
    They've been stripped of their power. They're nothing more than fancy weapons now, nothing special about them other than the stories people told or the sentimental value they hold. Doomhammer used to be cool and powerful, as did Ashbringer. Now they're just a mace and a sword. Besides, "while running old raids" you won't NEED any buffs. Besides the incredibly stupid decision to not scale Legion raids properly with the Legacy buff, Blizzard has made sure that old content is pretty much faceroll, as it should be.

Yep. Sucks that you can't use their powers in timewalking now, though. Legion legendaries especially. I had a whole TW set on all my characters and it was fun to go in with the old items and kick butt.

I dont think artifact weaps should be used for something like this but a couple days ago someone posted this on icyveins and i think its pretty cool :P
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...-tree-concept/

Well, you can still use one Artifact.

And the idea would not work, since some artifacts rely on abilities that are no longer there (or might get removed in the future) or provide abilities that already exist. Probably would be way too much work to maintain them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Well, you can still use one Artifact.

And the idea would not work, since some artifacts rely on abilities that are no longer there (or might get removed in the future) or provide abilities that already exist. Probably would be way too much work to maintain them.
    Legion Artifact active abilities should have made baseline tbh, all of them. Sure, keep them spec-locked, but they should have never been turned into talents (usually in a nerfed version), or even worse, simply pruned off.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Legion Artifact active abilities should have made baseline tbh, all of them. Sure, keep them spec-locked, but they should have never been turned into talents (usually in a nerfed version), or even worse, simply pruned off.
    They're most likely referring to the Heart of Azeroth which is incredibly powerful in timewalking since it'll give one 4 passives and one active ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yes, that's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I was extremely disappointed to find out that I wouldn't be able to use the Legion artifact for TW purposes, but they would have been EXTREMELY overpowered in TW content now. Up to 60% increased health, 30% increased damage, the many, MANY passives for every class, all that on top of a 10x primary stat boost (Yes, 10 times) that procced roughly 2-3 times a minute?

You can already see large differences in TW content between players with a rank 80 HoA, and no HoA, and the HoA didn't provide anywhere near as much player power as the Artifact weapons did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    They've been stripped of their power. They're nothing more than fancy weapons now, nothing special about them other than the stories people told or the sentimental value they hold. Doomhammer used to be cool and powerful, as did Ashbringer. Now they're just a mace and a sword. Besides, "while running old raids" you won't NEED any buffs. Besides the incredibly stupid decision to not scale Legion raids properly with the Legacy buff, Blizzard has made sure that old content is pretty much faceroll, as it should be.
    they are still exceptionally quality weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Artifact weapons are markedly higher itemlvl while leveling through Legion, yes. After that they're nothing special, just low itemlvl weapons. No reason to use them in old content or timewalking.