Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How do you propose Blizzard would do ranged tanking? Just curious.
    Either by the use of Pet Abilities or the use of abilities to keep the target at distance (Walls, slows, roots etc. Hence the idea of the use of Illusion magic). My main view on the ranged Tanking idea is to work on something able to be different than just tank 'n' spank being the only method.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We don't need a new anything moving forward with Shadowlands setting a precedent for a highly successful expansion that didn't ship with a new shiny Class.

Whether this is a product of the times, or if it's because Shadowlands features are strong enough to hold its own, I think this is going to influence how the devs move forward with stories and decisions.

I do still think the devs will consider making new classes, since it's always on the board. However I think that there will be more of a shift in the future towards Borrowed Power mechanics regardless of a new class or not, and that will more than make up for all the time and resources they would be spending just on one new flashy feature instead.

On top of this, I still feel strongly that Class Skins will be a thing in the near future. How they decide to roll it all out will depend on which expansion they wish to incorporate it in. I think an expansion rooted back into Azeroth would be a great time to push out this system, like how BFA brought in a whole slew of allied races. I don't think it would happen if we're exploring some other dimension, realm or world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we NEED one? Not really.

I do WANT Necromancer though.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Either by the use of Pet Abilities or the use of abilities to keep the target at distance (Walls, slows, roots etc. Hence the idea of the use of Illusion magic). My main view on the ranged Tanking idea is to work on something able to be different than just tank 'n' spank being the only method.
    I've considered something like that for a technology class. Like utilizing a hologram or a "warrior bot" that draws the threat, while the actual character is shooting from a distance. I agree that something different than "tank and spank" would be nice, and might actually increase tank participation among the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalheim View Post
    Do we NEED one? Not really.

I do WANT Necromancer though.
    Necro is the only thing that would bring me back to retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've considered something like that for a technology class. Like utilizing a hologram or a "warrior bot" that draws the threat, while the actual character is shooting from a distance. I agree that something different than "tank and spank" would be nice, and might actually increase tank participation among the player base.
    Was thinking in those lanes as well with a pet to be a class connected one. Though the hologram view was more leaning in on making an illusion that lasts X amount of time and has to be kept up for Mage Tanking.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'd rather get away from the borrowed power systems before we get a new class so that choice of a class feels more like a choice than an afterthought tbh.

How do you propose Blizzard would do ranged tanking? Just curious.
    You're not just curious. You're waiting for him/her to say Tinker.

And, pretty much, like i predicted, this thread is just another attempt to shove the Tinker class down people's throats:

3. Does Teriz need to stop masquerading his new threads under the pretense that it is not about his Tinker obsession? Yes.
    So much for:

NOTE: This is NOT about what class you want to see in 10.0.
    Again, please do not bring up any specific classes in this thread. This is about new classes in general, and the effect that new classes have on WoW in of itself, not anything specific class-wise.
    As i said in another thread: You are a master manipulator.
    Other users here might not notice it, because they don't know you, yet. I can see beyond your bullshit "this thread is not about class suggestions".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    You're not just curious. You're waiting for him/her to say Tinker.

And, pretty much, like i predicted, this thread is just another attempt to shove the Tinker class down people's throats:

So much for:

As i said in another thread: You are a master manipulator.
    Other users here might not notice it, because they don't know you, yet. I can see beyond your bullshit "this thread is not about class suggestions".
    Honestly. I do want a ranged Tanking spec. Heck, turn Unholy Death Knight into a Necromancer spec with the ability to Tank with the pet and I'm fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    More classes, more balance, more "Oops Blizzard doesn't know how to balance"

...If there is NO new class introduced in 10.0, will that effect your purchase of the next expansion?

The last class to enter the game was Demon Hunter in 2016. If there's no class announced later this year when the next expansion is set to be announced, that would mean that we won't be getting a new class until 2024 at the earliest. That would be 8 years without a new class in WoW. I'm curious what effect do you think the lack of a new class would have on the game for that stretch of time...
    I would be beyond surprised if 10.0 didn't include at least one new class. To be honest I could see 10.0 being one of the biggest... most massive shake ups in the history of WoW... like Cata and Mist as a single expansion big. Now the form of these new classes could be very interesting... the concept of class skins doesn't sit right. I could definitely see specs being broken off from several classes and made into new class. Like Destruction Warlock and Fire Mage being broken out as a Warcraft Blood Mage like Kael'thas... or Affliction Warlock and Unholy Death Knight becoming a Necromancer... or Shadow Priest and Marksman Hunter becoming a Dark Ranger... or just introducing new classes like Tinkerer or Timewalker... the possibilities are endless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly. I do want a ranged Tanking spec. Heck, turn Unholy Death Knight into a Necromancer spec with the ability to Tank with the pet and I'm fine.
    It's not about what you want or not.
    He's trying to, sneakingly, convince you to support the Tinker class.

That man has an obsession, so he's making threads that look like they aren't about his Tinker fetish but, unknowingly, he slowly pushes it into the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar idea to that for a Spellblade style ranged tank, similar to the boss in Nighthold. My thought at the time was that you could make a clone of yourself (with a shared health pool) that did the tanking and somewhat swap between the clone and character. You'd use the clone for positioning with defensives/soaking ability from the ranged character. That way you could still do positioning, but there'd be good reasons to switch to your ranged character as well.

10+ Year Old Account

That man has an obsession, so he's making threads that look like they aren't about his Tinker fetish but, unknowingly, he slowly pushes it into the conversation.
    Sounds a bit too tinfoil for me.

I am a Tinker fan, not to lie but in the end, one gotta make room for the idea of options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I had a similar idea to that for a Spellblade style ranged tank, similar to the boss in Nighthold. My thought at the time was that you could make a clone of yourself (with a shared health pool) that did the tanking and somewhat swap between the clone and character. You'd use the clone for positioning with defensives/soaking ability from the ranged character. That way you could still do positioning, but there'd be good reasons to switch to your ranged character as well.
    That would be interesting as well. I think Blizzard needs to do something to shake up the tanking and healing spot. Blizzard was onto something cool with Fistweaving, but they abandoned it before they got it to work properly. Now it's just a generic healing spec.

Most people here surely need a class in game design to see why another new class would be a bad idea.

Considering that the supposed reason for not having a new class is the "balance", which blizzard has proven again and again that has no idea wtf they are doing, I´d say yeah, a new class would be cool.

Here's a hint you can do to no longer see someone's thread. Click on their name, view profile, click "add to ignore list". Done. You will no longer have to deal with threads of someone you don't like.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    no, we don't need any new classes anymore. Anyone saying otherwise has a personal agenda, of which the goal is only to bend the game to their wishes with no regard to other players, the balance of the game or the lore (although the lore has been lacking as of late). Wow already has enough issues with diversity in classes, and the representation of classes, let alone the representation of individual specs. At most, blizz could think of adding a few additional specs to certain classes that could have some additional expansion, but even that isn't an ideal situation. To add further on to that, class skins are just as bad of an idea, blizz is already having issues with making good spell animations in the past few years, they certainly don't need to expand the lackluster spell animations any further.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Hell to the no , I judge a new expansion to be worthy analizing what hoops blizzard has in mind to make us jump through for the next couple years. Even though wotlk mop and legion are considered good expansion i highly doubt the new class had a part in it for the majority of players.