Legion Artifact Relics - need to be reduced to junk items

First - Buff damage in Legion raids

Second - All artifact weapon relics should be made into junk items and no longer count towards the loot tables of the old raid drops. It's ridiculous to go back to overtuned old raids which should be in legacy mode now and then get 4 of your 6 drops... only to see you get 2 non-relic items, which btw might not even be of the armor class you can use.

Much like the old relic items (totems, librams, etc) and any obsolete items these are no longer useful other than you can socket them to increase the ilevel of your artifact during a single expansion era - made far less useful after the level squish.

I agree with that its annoying just getting the relics when your mog farming , but also, I thought legion raids already fell under the legacy loot window.

I mean, not that anyone really cares, but they can be useful when applied to Legion Artifacts for Timewalking when you're scaled down to dungeons and Twinking as well now that I think about it (even less relevant). But, again, not like anyone is really concerned with massively speed-running these old Timewalking dungeons with old BiS Artifact build ilv much less actually making twinks nowadays. And also, not like this either is probably done much anyway, but technically I guess people can farm them up before going to new expansions if they wanted to have a friend run them through the raids real quick. Maybe the relics would be more relevant if the raids could scale from up from some pre-50 to 50 and were doable as leveling content or something.

But anyway, if the Artifact just scaled more relative to your level like an Heirloom without being able to be socketed with Relics anymore it would probably solve all the cases where they can still be used altogether. That said, the experience of using an Artifact as your only weapon for leveling throughout Legion is already heavily reduced in enjoyment by not being able to use the trait trees on the weapons and the relics themselves not having powers granted by the relics as well as not unlocking all of those traits via AP and instead the relics only granting ilv right now - so players going through Legion in the future if Relics were to be taken away would have an even less enjoyable experience just for the sake of people who are maybe wanting to focus on Transmog. I don't think a filter for max level would be as useful as say just converting them more equivocally to Heirlooms as otherwise the Timewalking dungeon optimal ilv weapon situation would still exist. Alternatively they could just have the Legion raids drop more loot so that players leveling through Legion could still enjoy ilv boosts from relics as quest rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I mean, not that anyone really cares, but they can be useful when applied to Legion Artifacts for Timewalking when you're scaled down to dungeons and Twinking as well now that I think about it (even less relevant). But, again, not like anyone is really concerned with massively speed-running these old Timewalking dungeons with old BiS Artifact build ilv much less actually making twinks nowadays.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. The only function of relics is to scale the ilvl of the artifact weapons. Timewalking caps the ilvl of all gear, including artifacts. All traits in the artifact weapon are disabled in all content, so if you're using an artifact weapon in timewalking, you're only gimping yourself from the lack of enchants/potential gem slots on regular weapons.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-01-28 at 11:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. The only function of relics is to scale the ilvl of the artifact weapons. Timewalking caps the ilvl of all gear, including artifacts. All traits in the artifact weapon are disabled in all content, so if you're using an artifact weapon in timewalking, you're only gimping yourself from the lack of enchants/potential gem slots on regular weapons.
    Well, shit, you're right. Didn't think of that.