Unlocking allied races while leveling

I bought a basic edition SL because I wanted to unlock bfa allied races before 50. It would be a waste of time to go 60 and then having to return back to old content in order to unlock them. I played the entire zuldazar campaign up to 22 lvl but I don't have access to voldur or nazmir neither the war campaign. What should I do now?

I'm also interested on the legion allied races, can I unlock taurens at this level?

This new system is messed up. They should give you the option to level anywhere. What's the point of scaling the zones when they have a level requirement to access them.

Is there a way to achieve my goal or should I give up and speed level up to 50 through wod or other more efficient content?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In order to unlock the zones, you have to be a specific level. I think it's 25 for Nazmir and higher for Voldun. You also have to be level 50 to unlock the BfA allied races.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

AFAIK you have to be lvl50 to unlock the bfa allied races and 45 to unlock the legion ones. However you can of course start working on the pre-requisities a bit earlier.

You can start doing the pre-requisities for Nightborne, Void Elf and Lightforged Draenei at lvl45 (Argus and Suramar unlock at this point) and you gotta be lvl50 to start working on the mechagnomes (when Mechagon unlocks). However from pretty much level 10 you should be able to start working on Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari, Kul Tiran, Vulpera, Brown Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    In order to unlock the zones, you have to be a specific level. I think it's 25 for Nazmir and higher for Voldun. You also have to be level 50 to unlock the BfA allied races.
    That's quite surprising to hear. I thought you could at level 10 just pick any BfA zone once you get to the Scouting Map for the first time. For Legion content this is definitely still possible, but I didn't check on BfA since SL prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    That's quite surprising to hear. I thought you could at level 10 just pick any BfA zone once you get to the Scouting Map for the first time. For Legion content this is definitely still possible, but I didn't check on BfA since SL prepatch.
    Legion and maybe BfA is different, because they were designed to be able to do the zones in any order. But for other expansions there are some loose restriction on the zones. I think it was unnecessary, because why I cannot just skip the starting zones which most likely already did a lot of times? But well, that's how they work currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    Legion and maybe BfA is different, because they were designed to be able to do the zones in any order. But for other expansions there are some loose restriction on the zones. I think it was unnecessary, because why I cannot just skip the starting zones which most likely already did a lot of times? But well, that's how they work currently.
    Well yeah I know the stuff with the order, hence why I am surprised to hear that it's apparently not the case anymore?

tbh kinda hard to beliee that they put restrictions on BfA zones. I'd say that the guy I replied to is saying nonsense.

You need to be level 45 or 50 to be able to get the quest from embassy that unlock specific race. The only Allied Race unlock quest that you can unlock by leveling that requires BfA content is Vulpera. Dark Iron and Mag'ahr require first 8 chapters of war campaign, 5 of them are available at level 50. Kul Tirans and Zandalari require loremater in their contintens and then finale questline that is available at level 50 and more war campaign that is also available at level 50. Mechagnomes require Mechagon that is available at level 50. On top of that you require to do dungeons that don't have normal difficulty so you can't do them while levleing and not a lot of people queue up for them at 50. 50 is the max level you can get in BfA content and you can't effectively level up after that in BfA content.

As for Allied Races that require Legion content, you can do Highmountain while leveling and Suramar at level 45. You can technicly do also Argus at 45 but it's very difficult to complete You are now Prepared campaign achie because it requries you to do one Rift and it's very hard to solo it at 45.