Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    If that. Just did it on an alt yesterday. Was in and out in maybe 25ish minutes. Managed a level out of it too. It really isn’t nearly as bad as some people make it seem.
    Nah dude, gotta get max meaningless random internet stranger platitude points by comparing your experience in The Maw to surviving The Holocaust.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    20-30 minutes for a whole level of xp? no thanks, keep it. Maybe make the NPCs walk faster though...

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It gives almost a full level.
    Exactly, it doesn't even give a full level even when doing it @48 while taking around 40 minutes with a maw mount, while the level 49 and 50 are then done in less than 30 minute each.

The biggest problem are the unskippable conversations. Otherwise yeah, you're fairly quickly done and it rewards an entire level.

It's kind of like the WoD intro. It was AMAZING the first time, where you get introduced to the expac, but after that it was just a chore and that mostly because of the waiting.

You can complete it in 23 minutes - it's how quick i completed it when i first levelled in my speedruns on live >.>
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

I would rather the Maw intro than an extra level of Threads of Fate
    RETH

7+ Year Old Account
    Totally agree. And plz skip doing each thorgast layer on alt.

Sure, I mean why not? Give it as an option - for those who like it, do it for XP or whatever, for those who are tired of it, let the player skip. Nothing wrong with options.

So what if it takes x minutes? So what if someone else likes it? So what. OP doesn't like it and would like a skip option, how does this affect any of you guys - it's not like you'll convince him to like it. I have friends who hate it too - so give them the option, I swear every time someone asks for something there's a bunch of people coming to say no for no real reason.

Makes no sense that you can skip the rest of the storyline and just do whatever but can't skip the lame intro.

Covenant quests are worse.

Got Night Fae Fire Mage, Kyrian Shadow Priest and Necrolord Ret Paladin (lol).

At least getting all alts to 200+ ilvl is insanely easy.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'm on my 5th character through it, and it's getting real fucking tiring. That alone is stopping me from leveling more because it's just so boring.

And for the people asking if you can use the mount: Yes. It doesn't help. You aren't actually traveling far enough for it to matter very often, and if you are, you're likely limited by NPC RP more than walking speed.
    The start - You need to kill mobs anyway
    Mount to first big guy where you use horn - 20 seconds saved
    Mount to Jaina - 30 seconds saved
    From Jaina to cave - NPC RP, can't go ahead
    From the cave - Only to go rescue Anduin is it useful. Maybe saves a minute
    Going to Helya - 10-20 seconds saved
    Saving Baine - Have to kill mobs
    To waystone - Need to be close to Jaina, mount doesn't matter

You might save another minute or two from mounting to get to a mob you need to kill faster.
    Don't really save those 20-30 seconds, because either you have to wait for the NPC's to catch up, or they bug out if you get to far ahead and you need to abandon the quest you are on to reset them.

Yeah, we should be able to skip it.
    Its not the no mount thing, more like slow npcs.

They talk about being in danger and we need to flee asap. Only to full stop in the middle of a road and have thrall ask about where tyrande is...

We could skip the bfa intro stuff too and iirc we still got the quest xp for it.
    Last edited by Lanesra; 2021-01-25 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Don't really save those 20-30 seconds, because either you have to wait for the NPC's to catch up, or they bug out if you get to far ahead and you need to abandon the quest you are on to reset them.
    I ran the maw with mount and druid travel form (which is mount speed). The points I said you can save time. I specifically said when you can't run ahead with mount as well

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Exactly, it doesn't even give a full level even when doing it @48 while taking around 40 minutes with a maw mount, while the level 49 and 50 are then done in less than 30 minute each.
    Ah, that wasn't my point really. My point was, that for an intro, it gives quite a chunk of experience. The Legion or BFA intros didn't give half as much, though WoD did give about the same I think.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann