Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should blizzard revamp player characters model in WoW 10 or WoW 11?

Pandaren models need a revamp in WoW 10, and all other races should be revamped in WoW 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the work it took in WoD I don't think we will get any updated models for a while. The art team seems stretched thin as it is and I don't really know why. The dev team has grown sure but how many of those people are working on art? It doesn't seem to really be a priority for them which kinda sucks.

The models look good enough and I only really see them doing a one off here or there like they did recently with the Worgen and Goblins. I wouldn't expect a full overhaul all at once again ever.

10? No fucking way. 11, doubt it. 12? Most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruwshtyb View Post
    Pandaren models need a revamp in WoW 10, and all other races should be revamped in WoW 11.
    Yeah no. World revamp first. char models in 12.0 or 13.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The WoD models still feel pretty future proof. If anything I'd rather just more face options / cosmetic options.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah the current models are looking good enough, just need to make it all more equal and give more options for the races that are lacking - make it all on par with humans.

Eh, the models feel pretty good to me as is. Add in new some more customizations and its fine.

Most models are fine. I wouldn't mind them making nightborne actually look like nightborne though, instead of Withered.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most of the models are fine but a few could use new face rigs to avoid the same face syndrome that f.ex. Pandaren has, Nightborne males constant sneer etc.
    Also Tauren female horse lips. They are cows damnit!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, add more face options for each race sure admittingly that feels like what SL did. Character models don't need lifting at least for awhile now. Perhaps in 2024 it will start getting dated but even then...probably not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think they need more revamps at the moment, right now it would be nice to see more customization options added for allied races (especially Nightborne and Lightforged since they're really lacking) and they still have heritage armor sets to make.

I'd like them to enable original models for use
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Blizzard will wait as long as they can to uptade the player models, and by long, i mean like 10 years since the last update.

We need more customization all across the board. The wod models are pretty great, better than a lot of mmos out there

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they should update all the old mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    Blizzard will wait as long as they can to uptade the player models, and by long, i mean like 10 years since the last update.

The sad thing with that pic is despite it being a joke, a number of the problems with it actually made it into the official model.

Update Pandas and fix their animations. Refine allied races and make them more unique.

Otherwise, they're fine.

Just add more customization options.

If anything they need to put resources on revamping armors, so they actually look like they were made in this decade. I can't think of any other modern mmo with such terrible looking armor. It's actually baffling, considering it's the largest mmo of them all. Guild Wars 2 that came out in 2012 has 10 times better looking armor with actual detail and variety in the shapes of their coats, pants, dresses, shoulders etc. The "best looking" modern WoW armor is literally just a cylinder with some random crap slapped on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The character models that we got with the Warlords of Draenor update feel unfinished to this very day. Most of the old hairstyles could use another pass, as well as many, many animations.

I don't think we need a fully-blown revamp of the same scale but we could definitely use a LOT of new customization options. Several new body type options for every race/sex combo would be great and, of course, a lot more new faces, hairstyles, scars, tattoos, piercings and everything else. I understand the amount of work that the team had to put into rebuilding their customization system, so I'm not going to give them shit for a rather poor selection of new options that most races got. But if they do not start delivering with patches I am going to get extremely annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leiandri View Post
    The character models that we got with the Warlords of Draenor update feel unfinished to this very day. Most of the old hairstyles could use another pass, as well as many, many animations. I don't think we need a fully-blown revamp of the same scale but we could definitely use a LOT of new customization options. Several new body type options for every race/sex combo would be great and, of course, a lot more new faces, hairstyles, scars, tattoos, piercings and everything else. I understand the amount of work that the team had to put into rebuilding their customization system, so I'm not going to give them shit for a rather poor selection of new options that most races got. But if they do not start delivering with patches I am going to get extremely annoyed.
    This. So much this. Instead of more customizations Humans should have received a compleeeete overhaul. Their Vanilla models need a complete overhaul because they are so bulky and the females have really chunky thighs. Their running animations, as well as those of female dwarves, are atrocious. Also, the animations of dwarves, night elves (especially males), tauren, nightborne and trolls are in need of an update as well.