Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Thrall, who never experienced demonic bloodlust (and wasn't burdened by the trauma), led Orcs quite well all those years.
    thrall learned and embraced orc culture and shamanism
    Calia want to "help" them by making them more like herself...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    Calia want to "help" them by making them more like herself...
    AKA not in constant mental/physical pain. AKA actually helping them. But this is apparently a no-no now. Forsaken has to be constantly angst.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Thrall never really understood orcish culture, which is why he set up such fertile ground for a world war led by his people.

And, once again, you don't have to suffer to be able to understand and help others. Also, her brother killed their father, she saw her kingdom getting fucked by undead, she lost her husband and kids. That counts for nothing?
    "help" them by ignoring their identity and making them like her...
    the brother... you mean the guy who killed pretty much all the people she wants to lead now? yeah, why wouldnt they take her with open embrace, especialy after she gave zero fuckls about them for years until she became undead herself...

and sure, she lost people, some of "old" forsaken literaly killed their family themself while controled by LK, and those whose families are still alive were shunned by their own kin and other humans, Calia was welcomed by anduin like she was still alive... (btw shows again nicely what hypocrites are alliance)

AKA not in constant mental/physical pain. AKA actually helping them. But this is apparently a no-no now. Forsaken has to be constantly angst.
    It doesn't have to be , but they have to deal with it constantly, it weighing in on each and every decision, they have to struggle with empathy etc. part of them is utterly inhuman and brushing this under the carpet, because sparkly human says it is okay is just plain moronic.

AKA not in constant mental/physical pain.
    by wiping their identity and history and make them more like people who shunned them for years and even waged war on them... yeah, that seems helpful as hell...
    please, PLEASE, never try to help anyone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It doesn't have to be , but they have to deal with it constantly, it weighing in on each and every decision, they have to struggle with empathy etc. part of them is utterly inhuman and brushing this under the carpet, because sparkly human says it is okay is just plain moronic.
    this, its like telling someone with depresion to just brush it off and be happy, you might think its helping but its actualy making it worse

7+ Year Old Account
    "help" them by ignoring their identity and making them like her...
    the brother... you mean the guy who killed pretty much all the people she wants to lead now? yeah, why wouldnt they take her with open embrace, especialy after she gave zero fuckls about them for years until she became undead herself...

and sure, she lost people, some of "old" forsaken literaly killed their family themself while controled by LK, and those whose families are still alive were shunned by their own kin and other humans, Calia was welcomed by anduin like she was still alive... (btw shows again nicely what hypocrites are alliance)
    Again, so what if this is their identity? You think they want to suffer constantly?

And at least Alliance does not pick a fucked up leaders that keep starting wars.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    So...she dies and is brought back as undead and it is fake. Great logic you have their.
    Ya brought back as a fake undead. I'm glad you get it.

7+ Year Old Account
    by wiping their identity and history and make them more like people who shunned them for years and even waged war on them... yeah, that seems helpful as hell...
    please, PLEASE, never try to help anyone
    Oh I wouldn't be able to, because according to you I would have to suffer as much as them to be able to do anything. Go ask every psychologist out there about their personal traumas that are apparently necessary for them to do their work.

Again, so what if this is their identity? You think they want to suffer constantly?
    It is not about what they want, they can't just stop suffering their very nature is bound to it. They will always suffer

And at least Alliance does not pick a fucked up leaders that keep starting wars.
    It is barely 30 years old give it time.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is not about what they want, they can't just stop suffering their very nature is bound to it. They will always suffer
    No they don't have to always suffer, just like High Elves/Blood Elves/Nightborn didn't have to be mana addicted all the time, which also defined their nature and social structures. These things are not set in stone, it's called story progression and Blizz decided to move their story.

No they don't have to always suffer, just like High Elves/Blood Elves/Nightborn didn't have to be mana addicted all the time, which also defined their nature and social structures. These things are not set in stone, it's called story progression and Blizz decided to move their story.
    Necromancy causes this suffering, the very energy that keeps them in the world of the living causes them to suffer, gives them cravings, impedes their emotions etc. it is their natural state it cannot go away.

Some undead are more screwed than others banshees for example are such tortured things, holding their essence is painful

It is barely 30 years old give it time.
    they dont need time, they already have Genn to start wars and commit warcrimes

7+ Year Old Account
    Necromancy causes this suffering, the very energy that keeps them in the world of the living causes them to suffer, gives them cravings, impedes their emotions etc. it is their natural state it cannot go away.

Some undead are more screwed than others banshees for example are such tortured things, holding their essence is painful
    Holy crap man. You argue that state caused by magic cannot be changed by some force, like for example MAGIC? Again, mana addiction was Nightborn natural state, but lo and behold, here comes this magical fruit that completely removes it. It's perfectly fine you don't like where their story is going, but saying that something of their nature cannot be changed in a world full of magic and supernatural beings on every corner is just wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

they dont need time, they already have Genn to start wars and commit warcrimes
    Sorry pal, "Genn burned Teldrassil" died with Warbringers. Also we know for few years already that Genn's main beef is with Sylvi alone. Even Night Warrior Tyrande is all about Sylvi.

Holy crap man. You argue that state caused by magic cannot be changed by some force, like for example MAGIC? Again, mana addiction was Nightborn natural state, but lo and behold, here comes this magical fruit that completely removes it. It's perfectly fine you don't like where their story is going, but saying that something cannot be changed in a world full of magic and supernatural beings on every corner is just wrong.
    Yes I am, because that is what they are, what defines them what their whole culture essentially is about, short changing that for some pitiful look at us we are now lightforged undead who are basically humans, because blizz thought this is an interesting narrative, instead of having to deal with such a fucked up state each and every second of our existence.

If you want to see such garbage be my guest

variann didnt anything more than starting wars, what are you saying....
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    variann didnt anything more than starting wars, what are you saying....
    Which war did he start? Is this "muh Taurajo" time?

Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-01-25 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    "
    Calia will ruin the forsaken"
    Can't ruin what's already broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Except that she watched the brother turn into an evil monster, killing her father, all her friends and family, destroying her home. Then loosing her child and husband while fleeing the Scourge, who are most likely dead as well now.

Yeah, she hasn't suffered at all! Not a bit. Give me a friggin break.

The only difference between Calia and Sylvanas is that different from the Banshee, Calia did not allow her own suffering to break her and become just as bad (and worse) as the evil forces that destroyed her life. She remained good, helping people as a Priest of the Light instead of obsessing over vengeance and crying over how horrible fate was to her while using that as an excuse to murder innocents.

Let's be honest. You don't dislike Calia because she hasn't suffered like the Forsaken, because she has. You dislike her because she isn't edgy and evil and thus the Forsaken won't be allowed to be edgy and evil should she truely lead them.
    While I appreciate that she stood and watched, Sylvanas actually fought against undead, was forcefully made into undead (read mindless zombie) and was ordered to kill her own people and kin. She suffered incomparable to this lighty-dutty sheep who is all nice and good because everybody basically treat her as my little princess starting right from the resurrection process. She didn't suffer as much as Sylvanas did. Mind also the fact that she choose passive pussy road while Sylvanas choose to fight Arthas to the end and succeeded. In fact, if not for her sacrifice and self destruction, who knows maybe The Scourge would obliterated the world because there were no pony tail Anduin The Saviour back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Why would she? Lilian has very little reason to dislike Calia, no matter how much frothing at the mouth fanbase does.
    Because she is Forsaken. That is what Forsaken do. And why not? Very cool race for that matter.

As in all topics virtually everyone who pushes for Calia neither plays nor likes Forsaken or even Horde for that matter. That said, the topic title is wrong in the sense that the Forsaken have been dead since BTS and everything else has just been the world's most drawnout funeral.

Also memes that equate Sylvanas shooting down defecting high officials in melodramatic weepy prose to genocide or mining materials to Brennadam is god tier.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.