My build for AoE and new enhancement players

Hey guys.
    I have been playing shaman since the start of BfA both Elemental and Enhancement.
    This expansion I'm going full enh since I like it more and I'm trying 2 different builds: Doom Winds and Legacy of the Frost Witch.

Doom Winds: Though Doom winds does the most dps it's also a bit tricky. You need to calculate very well when to activate it and it sometimes means waiting to place your windfury totem for a while (which can harm not only your auto attack dps but also other players). Also, if you activate it and suddenly are affected by an unavoidable mechanic that forces you to move you are doomed (pun intended). That's why I usually prefer Frost witch.

Legacy of the Frost Witch: I find this legendary waaaay easier to use. Frost witch eliminates the CD of your stormstrike each time you spend 5 points of maelstrom. Paired with the conduit Focused lightning (Increased damage or healing to your next spell per maelstrom point spended; note that this conduit isn't very good at the start but it escalates nicely) and the talents Elemental assault (Stormstrike does 15% more damage and guarantees a maelstrom weapon point), Storm flurry (Stormstrike casts have a 25% chance to trigger an additional strike for 40% of the normal damage, and can chain off of itself; remember that all of these new stormstrikes activate Elemental assault) and Earthen spike (deals physical damage and leaves a debuff for 10 seconds that increases 20% physical and nature damage suffered) performs pretty well.

Now my rotations with LFW:

One target:
    - Flame shock if not applied and not in Earthen spike window.
    - Stormstrike and crash lightning to charge maelstrom and activate storm ringer (do not use sundering yet). Frost shock and lava lash as fillers (in that order due to cds).
    - Earthen spike when 7 or 8 maelstrom points available.
    - During Earthen spike window:
    1- Lightning bolt to activate Focused lightning
    2- Sundering.
    3- Stormstrike.
    4- Lightning bolt.
    5- Crash lightning.
    6- Flame shock if less than 6 seconds remaining.
    7- Frost shock and Lava lash as fillers.
    8- Healing stream totem (it may not do any
    damage but it's better than doing nothing).

AoE: Here I almost always ignore Flame shock (except for the first one while approaching the enemy or as filler but it almost never happens if there are enough enemies around). Also use earthen spike in an enemy that is worth (an enemy 100% health it's a better target than one with 20%; one with a dangerous ability that needs to go down fast it's also a great choice). Ignoring these 2 let's go with the rotation.
    - Crash lightning if effect isn't activated/Chain lightning effect is activated/Focused lightning effect is activated. Chain lightning can improve Crash's damage by 60% and Focused lightning by another 10%. It hits all the enemies in front of you, making stormstrike second or even third in damage since it only affects the main target and hits the rest with Crash's effect.
    - Chain lightning if 5 or more to reduce Crash's CD and activate Focused lightning.
    - Stormstrike to generate maelstrom and sweet sweet damage.
    - Lava lash to activate Crash's effect.
    - Flame shock.
    - Healing stream totem or frost shock if your team's life is topped.

So that's it. I use this rotation for AoE mainly but it can work too in single target thanks to Earthen spike and if Stormflurry procs nicely.

That being said I'd like to know your opinions and critics.
    Thank you ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    nothing to criticize tbh both legos are good, difference is that one is sustain and other give high burst
    both have its downsides (require high up time vs require a bit of awareness to not waste burst window)
    Im pretty sure Doom will be much better for aoe as some aoe skills proc WF on all targets to although may be im wrong as i just love DW game play so i don`t waste to much time/effort checking other options

+ for aoe i like to have frost shock talent and your build would probably interfere a loot with it`s peace :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"