Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Are you serious? There are people who have done 20 m+ runs and only gotten like two pieces of gear total.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If you want garbage loot drop rates, go play Classic. Loot drops need to be increased.


    Instant. Gratification. Junkie.

  2. #142

  3. #143
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Those players unlocked more slots on the great vault. That effort wasn't wasted. Gear from mythic+ in legion or bfa was just the footnote. There was no excitement from it. It was just a given. If you did get loot, what mattered was whether it titanforged or not. If it didn't titanforge then it might as well have not dropped at all. You are missing that point. Untitanforged gear was equal to gear not dropping at all. Readjust your comparison data with the probably of titanforged gear only.
    At the end of the day, people are just mad that they cant overgear content they likely have no business doing in the first place.

    HOWEVER DID WE SURVIVE BEFORE FORGING.

    However, a vendor might not be a bad idea. There were always vendors in the past and they worked out fine.

    Bring valor back, put a cap on it each week. make it upgradeable to just under what you can get from mythic raid. Wim bam.

  4. #144
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,372
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    Do people just want everyone to be full BiS in 3 weeks of farming content?
    Some do, but that's not really what I said is it. The droprates could do with a slight buff OR they could bring badges back which would help alleviate it.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I liked warforging/titanforging. I could continue running a heroic raid with my guild without feeling like I'm wasting my time, even after getting all the drops, because there was always a chance for an upgrade.

    Toward the end of BfA I was dreading raid nights because there was literally no point to running Heroic Ny'alotha once I had gotten literally everything I could out of it. But I felt obligated to my guild and just continued to suffer through it. WF/TF would have helped a bit with that.
    But the loot reduction solved that problem. It takes much longer to get BiS unless you're obscenely lucky, so everyone has a reason to keep playing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    At the end of the day, people are just mad that they cant overgear content they likely have no business doing in the first place.

    HOWEVER DID WE SURVIVE BEFORE FORGING.

    However, a vendor might not be a bad idea. There were always vendors in the past and they worked out fine.

    Bring valor back, put a cap on it each week. make it upgradeable to just under what you can get from mythic raid. Wim bam.
    Agreed, some bad luck protection is warranted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So just to be clear, i believe everyone has ACCESS to it - there is no HARD barrier to entry - just skill and effort and time. To be clear, i agree that not everyone is capable or able to commit to mythic raiding, and i applaud your honesty when saying you dont feel you are good enough for mythic. IMO, if you are a solid heroic raider, you probably have the potential to raid mythic, just maybe not at the higher end of it.
    If your guild isn't running mythic, then you're not running mythic. You could say that I could just jump ship, and joining a mythic guild, but that would mean abandoning my friends who have been there for me during tough times.

    But that said I genuinely don't feel like I'm good enough for mythic. My logs have never been spectacular, and I take certain liberties in the game that wouldn't be tolerated in mythic. I play the spec I want, even if it's not considered "meta", because I have a hard time with the meta spec. I was Frost in Ny'alotha when Fire was all the rage. When I come back to the game I will likely go Arcane on my mage. I will also likely go Venthyr as my covenant, even though Night Fae is considered their meta. With all that, most folks would agree that I'm not Mythic material. Heroic is the final destination I think for those who aren't perfect players, like me.

  7. #147
    NO 1000% NO. WF/TF was a terrible system and allowed item levels to sky rocket to pathetic levels and even gave a Chance for LFR raiders get loot better than Mythic. I'm glad its gone.

  8. #148
    Honestly, when it came to Heroic Ny'alotha, even as simple as a rare mount drop off one of the bosses would have kept me interested and excited to keep going. It's why I liked BoD, because there was always the chance of coming out with a GMOD.

    Titanforging/Warforging would have been even better, but eh.

    But we didn't have anything like that and there was literally nothing to be gained out of H Ny after a certain period. That was agonizing, but I kept going to help out new guild members/alts with my DPS. I just wish I had a real tangible reason to keep going.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Instant. Gratification. Junkie.
    So you have absolutely nothing of substance to add. Ok then.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Those players unlocked more slots on the great vault. That effort wasn't wasted. Gear from mythic+ in legion or bfa was just the footnote. There was no excitement from it. It was just a given. If you did get loot, what mattered was whether it titanforged or not. If it didn't titanforge then it might as well have not dropped at all. You are missing that point. Untitanforged gear was equal to gear not dropping at all. Readjust your comparison data with the probably of titanforged gear only.
    That's is an utterly ridiculous way to look at it. The reduced loot drop chances hurts EVERYONE and not just the hardcore players. It's especially egregious since the best way to get loot is pvp. So now people who want absolutely nothing to do with pvp are forced to do pvp if they actually want a reliable chance at gear. That's garbage fucking game design. The reduced drop rates of gear in every single pve activity is just another reason why this expansion is total trash.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So you have absolutely nothing of substance to add. Ok then.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's is an utterly ridiculous way to look at it. The reduced loot drop chances hurts EVERYONE and not just the hardcore players. It's especially egregious since the best way to get loot is pvp. So now people who want absolutely nothing to do with pvp are forced to do pvp if they actually want a reliable chance at gear. That's garbage fucking game design. The reduced drop rates of gear in every single pve activity is just another reason why this expansion is total trash.
    Can't agree more, im up for the idea that loot should be rare BUT at the same time a player should be rewarded for his time, my progress this week, multiple M+ runs from 9-15, HC clear till sire net me ZERO upgrades, last 2 weeks all my upgrades come from the vault, at this point, i feel i play a game of, did you do you full vault this week? yes, pray to god its a damn weapon or a trinket

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So you have absolutely nothing of substance to add. Ok then.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's is an utterly ridiculous way to look at it. The reduced loot drop chances hurts EVERYONE and not just the hardcore players. It's especially egregious since the best way to get loot is pvp. So now people who want absolutely nothing to do with pvp are forced to do pvp if they actually want a reliable chance at gear. That's garbage fucking game design. The reduced drop rates of gear in every single pve activity is just another reason why this expansion is total trash.
    Nah Shadowlands is a fantastic expansion. But loot drops do need to be increased in some form. Bad luck protection perhaps.

  12. #152
    Mechagnome Sagenod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    No don't. It was wank.

    Reforging was great but that'll never come back, not wit hthe time and data driven metrics the game is clearly designed around now.
    Reforging would be nice I disagree that it affects /played in a serious manner however. As it stands people will just raid log to have another go at getting their upgrade. Without WF/TF the tendency to raid log has certainly only increased, now that you can't get a comparable piece from other content that was randomly upgraded. I might not be looking at this from the right perspective, but I would argue that bringing back reforging would potentially increase the time played metric because people would not only account for the extra currency they spend on the service but also possibly go out and look for pieces from other sources that could be comparable to or even be their BIS after being reforged. Does that make sense?
    Check out the Drakonaar, my playable race concept! (WIP -- Looking for artists)


  13. #153
    Legendary! The One Percent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    6,375
    Please keep the mega RNG loot drops to hack and slash games where they belong.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Instant. Gratification. Junkie.
    Is it really their fault when that's exactly what Blizzard has been promoting more and more ever since Vanilla?

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Yeah, this was bound to happen. Nobody will ever be content with whatever blizz does.
    Personally, I'm good without it. I like the loot system right now more than ever before.
    less is not more less is always less the new loot system is hot garbage.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    If your guild isn't running mythic, then you're not running mythic. You could say that I could just jump ship, and joining a mythic guild, but that would mean abandoning my friends who have been there for me during tough times.

    But that said I genuinely don't feel like I'm good enough for mythic. My logs have never been spectacular, and I take certain liberties in the game that wouldn't be tolerated in mythic. I play the spec I want, even if it's not considered "meta", because I have a hard time with the meta spec. I was Frost in Ny'alotha when Fire was all the rage. When I come back to the game I will likely go Arcane on my mage. I will also likely go Venthyr as my covenant, even though Night Fae is considered their meta. With all that, most folks would agree that I'm not Mythic material. Heroic is the final destination I think for those who aren't perfect players, like me.
    Yup, I don't disagree with you really - like I said, its available to you, but not without making some changes and sacrifices. I will say one thing though - if Mythic is something you did want to try, dont give up hope completely. All those things you listed? They are far more tolerable later in the tier. Sure, you wont be chasing world first or anything like that, but there are plenty of guilds who finish the tier 75% through mythic and are happy with that.

    Anyway, at the end of the day, if you are happy in heroic and enjoying playing what you want, how you want, then yeah, dont change anything.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Thats right up until your guildies start doing challenging content and you don't receive any loot for several weeks and start holding the raid back.
    My guild distributes loot as fairly as possible. Also you get at least one upgrade per week.

  18. #158
    Would rather they buffed drop rates than bring back war/titanforging.

    I would also really like to see reforging come back. At least then, a terribly itemized piece can still be a decent upgrade.

  19. #159
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The loot system now is atrocious. WF/TF was terrible but the loot drought we're in right now is even worse.
    I mean that's your opinion. I personally prefer the loot system we have now to what we've had for years. Loot is scarcer yes, but it's also more meaningful a majority of the time.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    I mean that's your opinion. I personally prefer the loot system we have now to what we've had for years. Loot is scarcer yes, but it's also more meaningful a majority of the time.
    I don't understand this mentality AT ALL. Especially since there is a very real chance of getting repeats of gear with the small loot drops. That doesn't make loot meaningful. It just creates an artificial reason to keep playing the game. There is literally no other reason

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Nah Shadowlands is a fantastic expansion. But loot drops do need to be increased in some form. Bad luck protection perhaps.
    lmfao no it is not. This expansion is the worst they've ever done. Blizzard somehow managed to make an expansion that's worse than WoD in every single way. They reduced loot drops AND removed bad luck prevention.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •