Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't understand this mentality AT ALL. Especially since there is a very real chance of getting repeats of gear with the small loot drops. That doesn't make loot meaningful. It just creates an artificial reason to keep playing the game. There is literally no other reason

    .
    So you believe there is more chance of a double up with less loot drops compared to how it was?

  2. #162
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't understand this mentality AT ALL. Especially since there is a very real chance of getting repeats of gear with the small loot drops. That doesn't make loot meaningful. It just creates an artificial reason to keep playing the game. There is literally no other reason

    - - - Updated - - -



    lmfao no it is not. This expansion is the worst they've ever done. Blizzard somehow managed to make an expansion that's worse than WoD in every single way. They reduced loot drops AND removed bad luck prevention.
    I mean someone's opinion is their opinion. Stop shoving yours down others as if it's a science.

    Yes repeat drops happen, but the beauty of being in a raid environment, especially with loot scarcity present, is there is a very high chance someone else in your group can make use of that raid drop even if you can't. Being able to trade that makes your guild/group stronger as a whole without having to play the inherently selfish loot casino we've been forced to play for the last 6 years. I know it's hard to think outside of the realm of "the only drops that matter are upgrades for me" but I actually like having some semblance of community/interaction.

    Is the overall loot system perfect? Fuck no I personally think they could make M+ specifically more rewarding for completing dungeons instead of backloading the reward to the great vault, or add some sort of currency system. I also would be fine if they gave an extra drop per boss in raid or made to loot drop scaling a little more generous. Depsite this I'll still take this system as is over what we had in BfA, Legion or WoD any day of the week.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    I mean someone's opinion is their opinion. Stop shoving yours down others as if it's a science.

    Yes repeat drops happen, but the beauty of being in a raid environment, especially with loot scarcity present, is there is a very high chance someone else in your group can make use of that raid drop even if you can't. Being able to trade that makes your guild/group stronger as a whole without having to play the inherently selfish loot casino we've been forced to play for the last 6 years. I know it's hard to think outside of the realm of "the only drops that matter are upgrades for me" but I actually like having some semblance of community/interaction.

    Is the overall loot system perfect? Fuck no I personally think they could make M+ specifically more rewarding for completing dungeons instead of backloading the reward to the great vault, or add some sort of currency system. I also would be fine if they gave an extra drop per boss in raid or made to loot drop scaling a little more generous. Depsite this I'll still take this system as is over what we had in BfA, Legion or WoD any day of the week.
    Ok well you're ok with practically never getting loot and that's on you. the majority of the community, from what I've seen, absolutely hates the recent change.

  4. #164
    Nah, leave that shit dead and gone. I'd rather they remove the weekly vault and the ilvl inflation that comes with it, and instead make the relevant gear paths actually relevant and rewarding. Feel free to bring back bonus rolls.

    It's easy to feel like it's necessary when it's so easy to get a free 226 piece every week at this point.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

  5. #165
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Posts
    27,970
    Not as it was during BfA, no. And fuck Titanforging.

    If they added the good old upgrade-system and pieces had a chance to drop with both upgrade slots filled, I'd be OK with that.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    "It's almost as if The Bible was written by racist, sexist, homophobic, violent, sexually frustrated men, instead of a loving God. Weird."

  6. #166
    I despised WF/TF. If they really want to have it be decent again they would just bring back Reforging and be done with it, IMO it worked perfectly.

  7. #167
    WF/TF were crutches for the weak...

  8. #168
    Seems like the simpeltons already fell for Blizzard's ploy and they blame the lack of rng bullshit mechanics in their loot for the artificial loot draught that we have right now. Spoiler: The descision to reduce the quantity and quality of loot for everything but PvP has nothing to do with WF/TF. It's just Blizzard gaming the time played metrics.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  9. #169
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ok well you're ok with practically never getting loot and that's on you. the majority of the community, from what I've seen, absolutely hates the recent change.
    What do you define as "practically never getting loot?" I play a range of content of the game and my character is progressing at an appropriate rate. I am progressing through Mythic difficulty and I have gear that is sufficient to progress where I am at, despite this loot drought people state exists that people like you seem to claim is gatekeeping them from playing the game. If you do the absolute bare bones minimum yes you are most likely a lower ilvl than you would like to be. But doing just a little above the bare minimum and your options for gearing expand. My comment above is moreso stating that less gear goes to waste in the current format.

    Also your own statement is extremely biased and skewed. Statements like "majority of the community, from what I've seen" mean absolute jack shit since people look for bias confirmation to feel like their opinions are more that just opinions. It's just not that simple.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    What do you define as "practically never getting loot?" I play a range of content of the game and my character is progressing at an appropriate rate. I am progressing through Mythic difficulty and I have gear that is sufficient to progress where I am at, despite this loot drought people state exists that people like you seem to claim is gatekeeping them from playing the game. If you do the absolute bare bones minimum yes you are most likely a lower ilvl than you would like to be. But doing just a little above the bare minimum and your options for gearing expand. My comment above is moreso stating that less gear goes to waste in the current format.

    Also your own statement is extremely biased and skewed. Statements like "majority of the community, from what I've seen" mean absolute jack shit since people look for bias confirmation to feel like their opinions are more that just opinions. It's just not that simple.
    Are you just blind to all the threads and people talking about the terrible loot drops? I've seen numerous threads and people talking about how they've done something like 20 m+ dungeons and gotten MAYBE two pieces of loot and sometimes those pieces are doubles. That's absolutely fucking horrendous. You're absolutely full of it. Doing more than the "bare minimum" doesn't give you shit. The loot drop rates are absolute fucking dog shit right now. It's just the shitty topping of an already terrible expansion. And mentioning the vault is irrelevant because you can't trade vault gear and you often get duplicates in the vault.

    I will never understand why people like you will bend over backwards to defend Blizzard's shitty game design.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Seems like the simpeltons already fell for Blizzard's ploy and they blame the lack of rng bullshit mechanics in their loot for the artificial loot draught that we have right now. Spoiler: The descision to reduce the quantity and quality of loot for everything but PvP has nothing to do with WF/TF. It's just Blizzard gaming the time played metrics.
    But apparently that's not true! Loot drought isn't real! It's only real if you're a filthy casual! /s

    I really don't understand how people are able to defend this bull shit.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The loot system now is atrocious. WF/TF was terrible but the loot drought we're in right now is even worse.
    It's not a loot drought. This is the same as it was prior to Legion or maybe even WoD. Those were loot floods. The demand of getting multiple upgrades every week is ridiculous.

  12. #172
    I absolutely miss the fact that I could do WQs or lesser events and be surprised with an awesome item.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    It's not a loot drought. This is the same as it was prior to Legion or maybe even WoD. Those were loot floods. The demand of getting multiple upgrades every week is ridiculous.
    lmfao you are so wrong it's not even funny. As I've mentioned in other posts, there are people doing 20 m+ dungeons and getting MAYBE two pieces of loot. That's fucking horrendous. It's even worse for heroic dungeons. I did 10 heroic dungeons the other day and literally got nothing but gold. The loot drop rates right now are the worst the game has seen since vanilla.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqar View Post
    Am I the only person who actually likes this concept? And by no means was it implemented succesfully.
    Because the ilvl got way to high thanks to titanforging..
    I also miss the days of reforging but for some lame reason(s) we can't have that back..
    I don't think that pure rng should make such a difference, so yes, warforging was a very bad design.

    I agree with reforging though, but since primary stats got buffed back to it's old and deserved strength, it's not as important anymore.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    lmfao you are so wrong it's not even funny. As I've mentioned in other posts, there are people doing 20 m+ dungeons and getting MAYBE two pieces of loot. That's fucking horrendous. It's even worse for heroic dungeons. I did 10 heroic dungeons the other day and literally got nothing but gold. The loot drop rates right now are the worst the game has seen since vanilla.
    You lying doesn't really help. They're still getting more loot per week than vanilla so stop lying. I'm not wrong, you've just been pampered. Vanilla, BC, WotLK(once you hit raid level of gear) and MoP you were getting less raid level loot per week than now. Just because YOU personally are not getting loot doesn't mean it's not appropriate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I absolutely miss the fact that I could do WQs or lesser events and be surprised with an awesome item.
    yeahhhh no, you shouldn't be getting raid level loot from a WQ. And not LF"R".

  16. #176
    I can't wait for the "bring back azerite armor" crowd

  17. #177
    Thunderforging was the best of the concept imo
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How the fuck is this trolling?

    Discussing moderation is against the rules. Infracted.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I disagree - this is a perspective issue driven by the players - its a player issue, not a design issue. For example - i dont watch shroud play CS and then enjoy my playtime LESS just because there are people performing at a higher level than me. This would only be an issue if those 1% players were in direct competition with the 99%, and they are not. If every time i tried to play a game, I was up against Shroud and similar players, then yes, this would be a massive issue.

    My BiS list is tailored to the content I do - if its Mythic raids, then yeah, its going to be Mythic raid loot (for the most part). If im doing heroic, its Heroic loot. When i used to raid heroic, my feeling of accomplishment was not lessened just because my friends guild had cleared it on Mythic.

    You make it sound like completing a game on anything other than the hardest difficulty is pointless and gives no sense of completion - which is just not true at all. If a game has 4 difficulties, easy, normal, hard, and nightmare, I would argue the overwhelming majority complete said game on easy followed by normal followed by hard with a TINY percentage completing it on nightmare.
    A service based game is not the same thing as a single player game. It’s an invalid comparison. If Super Mario Bros had a subscription fee and constant updates, this would be an interesting conversation... but it doesn’t... so why are we talking about difficulty settings for single player games that have a clear beginning and end?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  19. #179
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Are you just blind to all the threads and people talking about the terrible loot drops? I've seen numerous threads and people talking about how they've done something like 20 m+ dungeons and gotten MAYBE two pieces of loot and sometimes those pieces are doubles. That's absolutely fucking horrendous. You're absolutely full of it. Doing more than the "bare minimum" doesn't give you shit. The loot drop rates are absolute fucking dog shit right now. It's just the shitty topping of an already terrible expansion. And mentioning the vault is irrelevant because you can't trade vault gear and you often get duplicates in the vault.

    I will never understand why people like you will bend over backwards to defend Blizzard's shitty game design.

    - - - Updated - - -



    But apparently that's not true! Loot drought isn't real! It's only real if you're a filthy casual! /s

    I really don't understand how people are able to defend this bull shit.
    I guess we'll break this down.

    Are there a numerous amount of posts from people complaining about the state of loot? Yes. But we can also deep dive into those posts and the content discussion being had. If the popular opinion sided vastly in your favor, which is what you claim, the threads would all be circle jerks of people bitching about the state of loot. Alas, that is not what happens. What usually results in these type of threads is a diverse range of specific opinions, ranging from "get fucked casual" to "gimme enough loot to hit max ilvl by week 3 of a tier release" in spectrum of content, with the closer you are to either end of the spectrum the less you're willing to actually have a discussion and would prefer to just live in an echo chamber of your own bias.

    The vast majority of people side with neither extreme and really fall into some realm of "x loot style isn't perfect, but I prefer it over y at least" and some will even discuss how they would improve upon the current situation.

    You can have an opinion an opinion such as "I prefer less loot that means more over an overabundance of loot that mostly went to waste" without it meaning you think the current system is perfect. Like I said, and you ignored earlier, I think the current system can be improved upon. The thing is you're currently running on the "I refuse to see the merit in any opinion but my own" group right now and you immediate dismiss/deny anything that does not confirm your bias and instead of bringing any actual useful discussion to the table you result to attacks on people who disagree with you and dismiss it with the statement "I can't understand x people who do y." That's entirely on you for not having the capacity to engage in a meaningful debate of opinions.

    I am not "bending over backwards" to defend Blizzard's game design like you seem to think I am. I provide feedback where I choose to. Sometimes it's positive, sometimes it's negative, but I always try to provide it in a way that is constructive, which is something you apparently can't understand since you're so quick to dismiss any content of what I've actually said.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You lying doesn't really help. They're still getting more loot per week than vanilla so stop lying. I'm not wrong, you've just been pampered. Vanilla, BC, WotLK(once you hit raid level of gear) and MoP you were getting less raid level loot per week than now. Just because YOU personally are not getting loot doesn't mean it's not appropriate.

    - - - Updated - - -



    yeahhhh no, you shouldn't be getting raid level loot from a WQ. And not LF"R".
    Your assumptions that because you didnt experience something a specific way means no one else could have doesnt help either. But I suspect you knew that already and for some reason think you're experiences supercede other's. Go figure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •