Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Would rather not... otherwise You’ll find M+ groups that demand 900 RIO and have titanforge in all slots to have a chance at joining a +4 group
    It's almost as if the problem is M+...
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I guess we're at the point where people started to forget how it was when there was a chance to wf/tf and it didn't happen on the needed items.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I guess we're at the point where people started to forget how it was when there was a chance to wf/tf and it didn't happen on the needed items.
    It's because WF/TF was a solution to a problem of too many difficulty levels. They didn't fix the underlying problem, just rescinded their bad solution.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

No.

Or if you insist, cap it at +7 with badge of justice upgrading or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warforging was one of the worst things ever implemented into WoW, horrible design.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Gearing is the game. They get it now. That's why it always resets, so we can play WoW again.
    gearing isnt the game and never was. the game was social activity. vanilla had gearing and itemization issues all over the place but wow grew beyond all expectations because it was social unlike now.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Titanforging was dumb, WF/TF was better except for inflating the ilvl.

it was horrible... current systems sucks too and is why I'm on break from wow for the first time ever (subs are active though). Just bring back tokens for gear like wotlk ktx.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

No.
    It was one of the worst systems ever introduced to this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not played the current expansion as of yet, so I don't really know how the loot works now.

But I did like WF/TF. It gave a valid reason to just run random Mythics for the hell of it. Even low level keys, and you could still get something, even if the chances were very low. The system was fine as it was.

I feel what went wrong with it, is how people were still in the mindset of grinding for the BiS. It's a bad mindset to have, when the chances of getting an upgrade get extremely low, and that's assuming you even get the desired item to drop in the first place. So people got burned out, yet felt they "had to" keep on grinding for it. If only people would have treated the super lucky rolls as happy accidents, instead of achievable goals for every single item they have.

I predicted back then, that WF/TF would be there in some form for the Shadowlands, but it seems I was wrong. But it's not over yet, and it might still come back. Probably not, because people just can't control themselves.

As for reforging, there is little reason for it to come back. It was a needed tool to shuffle hit and expertise (was expertise still around for it? Can't remember.) around, but it's a little redundant now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    As for reforging, there is little reason for it to come back. It was a needed tool to shuffle hit and expertise (was expertise still around for it? Can't remember.) around, but it's a little redundant now.
    Yes, as was Spell Hit. (Hybrid classes could use Spirit for Spell Hit which effectively allowed "healing gear" to be dual purpose.)

Copy the pvp system to mythic+ where you upgrade depending on how high score you have like raider io/mmr rating but ingame

7+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.

I rather have badges or Valor upgrades for a bit more player control.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The loot system now is atrocious. WF/TF was terrible but the loot drought we're in right now is even worse.
    What drought exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by shaqar View Post
    Am I the only person who actually likes this concept? And by no means was it implemented succesfully.
    Because the ilvl got way to high thanks to titanforging..
    I also miss the days of reforging but for some lame reason(s) we can't have that back..
    Title says warforging. In your text you mention titanforging and REforging which is completely different from warforging and titanforging. Which one you want to talk about exactly? REforging was awesome imo, WAR & TITAN forging was absulute shit and should stay buried and never return
    ''Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities'' ~Voltaire
    ''As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.'' ~Dickmann's Law
    ''No life is worth living if we can't be true to our nature'' ~Baine Bloodhoof

Absolutely no to WF/TFing.

Reforging, yes. WF/TF no. Classic and TBC were wildly popular and it had no WF/TF. It is NOT, I repeat, it is NOT the problem.

It's like a crack addict wanting that 1% more pure product. Stop it.

Bring back warforging, but with the valor point upgrade system too. So all items can be upgraded 2 times by 5 ilvl.

You can be Lucky and get 1 or 2 of those upgrades for free, though warforging, but still upgrade with valor points if you are unlucky and got a bis item without warforging.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    WF/TF was implemented terribly and it caused ilvl bloat and power creep issues.
    The game doesn't need it right now because the pace of loot is just fine.
    People who think there's a draught or it's awful were basically conditioned to receive a purple by logging in, and I'm happy that's ending.
    Let loot be loot.

But, if they absolutely *have* to do something, I would rather they allow a system like this:
    Allow players to 'reinforce' an item, increasing it's ilevel by X (where x would be somewhere between 3 and 7, let's go with a fixed 5 for example's sake).
    Literally just do what legendaries do today, where there's a limited currency and a profession crafted item.
    One single upgrade per item, no multiple steps, just a little extra boost you can farm up and choose to do on the side.
    Items wouldn't drop reinforced; you would have to forge them through professions.
    The resource would be weekly capped, like Valor back in the day, and rewarded for raid kills, pvp, heroic daily, however they feel it should be dished out.

This makes professions more valuable and worth having, which makes materials more valuable and worth farming.
    This allows additional item progression in small steps, which when paired with the socket stuff on Ve'Nari, adds even more advancement in a structured and expected way, which also removes 100% of the RNG horseshit of getting a TF item that proc'd 35 additional ilevels for no reason because you kicked a squirrel.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I liked warforging/titanforging. I could continue running a heroic raid with my guild without feeling like I'm wasting my time, even after getting all the drops, because there was always a chance for an upgrade.

Toward the end of BfA I was dreading raid nights because there was literally no point to running Heroic Ny'alotha once I had gotten literally everything I could out of it. But I felt obligated to my guild and just continued to suffer through it. WF/TF would have helped a bit with that.
    Ya know, theres a progression system for the agony you're apparently feeling. Its called moving on to mythic. Why would your guild do heroic only for an entire patch?

Thank god blizz doesnt make decisions based off of the positions that select few players put themselves into and chose to remain in.