Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't see why anyone would choose anything but Star Trek (as long as it means we live in the Federation and not as romulan slaves).
    No poverty which means practically no crime, all is cared for, and if you should feel adventurous you are free to go exploring the unknown, and if you feel lazy you can spend your days on the holodeck or in Risa.

All others universes are pretty much war and hell, or just simply the same civilization as we have now with more advanced technology where you have to struggle to make a living.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warhammer 40K! FOR THE EMPEROR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They get the most currency because of just that.
    "May you live in interesting times" wasn't a blessing.
    More like may you live in terrifying times

Gonna echo everyone who said "obviously Star Trek."

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I don't see why anyone would choose anything but Star Trek (as long as it means we live in the Federation and not as romulan slaves).
    Because some here imagine that they're the movers and shakers...the heroes in their own world. And since we're talking escapism...well...

I myself am tired of "building character." I want some boredom right about now.

Perhaps a cross between Bladerunner, Altered Carbon and Star Trek : TNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    If I had to choose, perhaps Known Space, Tree-of-life is a wonderful cure to mid-life-crisis I heard, if exploring with your own FTL ship, or just being a flatlander with access to boosterspice isn't your thing.
    Living on the Ringworld would be interesting, more than a lifetime of things there to see and do.

Most likely Star Trek.
    On the opposite side - there is nothing worse than W40k.

The Elite: Dangerous universe seems like a good time.

I'm not really sure why anyone would choose a dystopia universe over a utopian one... Unless they were a masochist I guess...

Pretty much comes down to Star Trek or maybe the High Republic era of Star Wars.

(I love 40k, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Lexx universe. Just hangout in Xev's dungeon all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    The Expanse... it's the most believable (minus protomolecule)

And who in the flying fuck would have wanted to live in W40k universe??? It's a suicide just thinking about it
    40K might not be so bad.

...If you were one of the Chaos gods anyway. Anyone else is boned.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You mean with the lack of explanation. That logic does not prove it is not a Sci Fi universe because they aren't saying you'd be stuck on Earth in the OP.
    All humans in the MCU are stuck on Earth.

Barring some freak occurrence...if you lived on MCU Earth...your life would not be much different than now...except for the occasional "get snapped out of existence" thing. It's not really a great selling point.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-26 at 12:02 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about which I would love to live in.

But I do know I would hate to live in The Terminator Universe.

(Now that I think about it: Maybe the Back to the Future universe. I would be doing hover board parkour tricks all day lol.)
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-01-26 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    40K might not be so bad.

...If you were one of the Chaos gods anyway. Anyone else is boned.
    40k is amazing if you're an Ork.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    All humans in the MCU are stuck on Earth.

Barring some freak occurrence...if you lived on MCU Earth...your life would not be much different than now...except for the occasional "get snapped out of existence" thing. It's not really a great selling point.
    Which is why Aliens in the Universe have a word of human ... totally needed for a race that is tied to one planet.

And it doesn't say you'd be a human.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    40k is amazing if you're an Ork.
    So true think one of the only true happy endings in 40K was the story of Tuska Daemon Killa.

There was also one warboss who traveled back in time to kill his other self to have 2 of his favorite shootaz haha they are just so damn amazing to read about.

Btw there was a new Ork novel released recently called Brutal Kunnin' and it's supposed to be really good but have yet to get it.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-01-26 at 11:29 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    So true think one of the only true happy endings in 40K was the story of Tuska Daemon Killa.

There was also one warboss who traveled back in time to kill his other self to have 2 of his favorite shootaz haha they are just so damn amazing to read about.

Btw there was a new Ork novel released recently called Brutal Kunnin' and it's supposed to be really good but have yet to get it.
    I'm still working my way through the War of the Beast series, the short scene with the Iron ambassador is amazing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    Warhammer 40K! FOR THE EMPEROR!!
    Aren't 10k humans sacrificed to that emperor each day?...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm still working my way through the War of the Beast series, the short scene with the Iron ambassador is amazing.
    Hehe yeah heard really good things about that as well.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Aren't 10k humans sacrificed to that emperor each day?...
    Only 1000 a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hehe yeah heard really good things about that as well.
    I felt the first book was a real slog to get through, too many Imperial Fists being all stoic and Fisty and dull but it's opened up now with a decent mingling of other Chapters and some nice politicking between the High Lords and friction between the Inquisition and Officio Assasinorum before the Assasins were placed under Inquisitorial control.