Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    No amount of gear can fix the problem.

Straight from my guild leader's mouth who asked me to reactivate my account and heal rbgs.
    The only thing you have shows in that conversation (no idea who the person you are talking to is) was that he said that PVP is hard to heal because of alot of damage.

Stop exageratting so much just to trying to get your point across. Like saying PvP have changed as much as going from Team Fortress to Minecraft..... I mean seriously?

No amount of gear can fix the problem.

Straight from my guild leader's mouth who asked me to reactivate my account and heal rbgs.
    What's your objective with this thread? If you're trying to get a bunch of people to disagree with you, you're doing a great job. If you're after something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    if this is true then OP is big troll.

wtf is that gear?
    /tichondrius/trainmeplzz
    Last edited by Worldstarz; 2021-01-25 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Thank god for that the pace and flow has changed.

Before arena was a complete snoozefest, where you could mess up frequently and your biggest punishment? Fall behind on mana by 2%.. oh gee'

Atm. if you're not aware, not keeping track of the enemies cooldowns and you waste yours, you get blown up.

It's much more reactive and requires you to pay way more attention than previously.
    Exactly how I feel about arena right now.
    Thank god now is way more dynamic and you can be punished really quick and really hard if you're not fast enough.
    OP probably just need time to adjust to this pace or quit rated pvp altogether

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Thank god now is way more dynamic and you can be punished really quick and really hard if you're not fast enough.
    Yeap, only hpalas are making the meta a bit slower. If you notice most of the games that dont have Hpalas in them end faster.

It takes a while to get used to it from BFA pacing, but its way better. I believe with the correct tuning this season might be a rly good one.

I'm at 2000 in 3v3, which is by no means high, and most games can drag out for 3+ minutes already unless one team makes a fatal mistake. This meta is super good compared to bfa and legion snooze fest.

Gear does insane things. "230" (which is technically probably borderline impossible) will 3 shot anyone in 170 gear. You're playing an RPG, even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it. Git gear or git stomped. Gear absolutely fixes the problem.
    Last edited by Cracked; 2021-01-25 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Actually it can. High rated arena matches oftentimes are still minutes long because they have such a good positioning that bursts don't always work. Someone with good gear has literally double the amount of hp you have. A burst that is good enough to kill you is not necessarily good enough to kill a 220 ilvl player.
    Exactly. Just look at last weeks AWC... You had some games last < 2 minutes, and others up to like 40-50% dampening or more.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Its rng not the dmg by itself. Too many classes have damage skills that go from normal damage to procs for 50%+ of your hp. You cant outplay rng. This is what is actually frustrating. Too many games you win lose based on who got procs at right time which is tilting because its outside your control. You cant play whole game popping dev cds in expectation of procs and you cant outplay getting blown to 20% in a gcd from a proc. If the skills had consistent output they would be forced to balance for it and you could play around that. So instead you now play same rng game and try to yolo harder than the opponent. You can still climb but rng influence means you need a lot more games for same result since it lowers your winrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Tell that to all the healers in this photo (screen shoted for the lulz before I go to bed):

https://ibb.co/bHcC1Wq

Let me know when you find a healer in the photo.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2021-01-25 at 11:00 AM.

Tell that to all the healers in this photo (screen shoted for the lulz before I go to bed):

https://ibb.co/bHcC1Wq

Let me know when you find a healer in the photo.
    Who cares about RBG? It's not even a competitive format. But yes, bad healers get stomped in RGB, nothing new under the sun. Oh you wanted the iteration where 1200 3v3 rated healers can teamfight for 6 minutes with absolutely nobody getting close to dead? Yeah, too bad. Finally the game pushes you to learn to play.
    Last edited by Cracked; 2021-01-25 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Who cares about RBG? It's not even a competitive format. But yes, bad healers get stomped in RGB, nothing new under the sun. Oh you wanted the iteration where 1200 3v3 rated healers can teamfight for 6 minutes with absolutely nobody getting close to dead? Yeah, too bad. Finally the game pushes you to learn to play.
    To an extent it does and it doesn't.

What I mean to say is, yes the fights are way more dynamic where quick thinking and decent CC will land you the kill but if you aren't playing any FOTM classes it'll be much harder.

Just admit it, you wanted healing removed from battlegrounds.

Congrats. You won.

Now don't mind me, I'm gonna play Overwatch while mining asteroids in EvE Online.

Just admit it, you wanted healing removed from battlegrounds.

Congrats. You won.

Now don't mind me, I'm gonna play Overwatch while mining asteroids in EvE Online.
    Why do you think it was so hard to find groups for RBGs at all in BFA and by the end of Legion? Nobody wanted to play that shit. Feeling powerless unless 5 dps all use their burst at the same time while simulatenously landing cross CC on at least 2 healers just isn't fun for anyone except the groups who can execute it. I played with pugs throughout, ultimately playing in the rank 2 EU RBG team. The chasm of skill was so huge at those levels that there was no point in even playing the games most of the time, teams would ff because nobody would die at all and one team would be better at playing objectives. Same when we ran into the rank 1. Now 2 people can take out 1 person defending an objective, or 3 people can focus down a healer.

Infinitely better.

Why do you think it was so hard to find groups for RBGs at all in BFA and by the end of Legion? Nobody wanted to play that shit. Feeling powerless unless 5 dps all use their burst at the same time while simulatenously landing cross CC on at least 2 healers just isn't fun for anyone except the groups who can execute it. I played with pugs throughout, ultimately playing in the rank 2 EU RBG team. The chasm of skill was so huge at those levels that there was no point in even playing the games most of the time, teams would ff because nobody would die at all and one team would be better at playing objectives. Same when we ran into the rank 1. Now 2 people can take out 1 person defending an objective, or 3 people can focus down a healer.

Infinitely better.
    I can guarantee you that people died in Legion and BFA.

They were akin to real-time card games.

Shadowlands feels like everyone throws all their cards at everyone at the start, after which no one has any cards.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2021-01-25 at 11:47 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee View Post
    Sounds like you need gear and better reflexes. Fixed your problem.
    The shadowlands thing is if you dont respond in 0.5 sec you are bad. (And dead)

Its obviously rediculous.

I can guarantee you that people died in Legion and BFA.

They were akin to real-time card games.

Shadowlands feels like everyone throws all their cards at everyone at the start, then no one has any cards.
    Okay you're 100% trolling. There's no way someone can be this stubborn or unwilling to even try anything but whine.

All you need to do is gear up properly, get your renown up and try again, gear is of huge importance this expansion. If you're refusing to put any work and just expect to get anywhere with minimal effort and skill, there's no way of changing your mind.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Negative.

I've seen 230 geared players nearly one shot by hunters around 180 ilevel.

I have too much experience in PvP over the the past six years to think it's still the same game.

The flow and pace has changed radically.
    this guy is a confirmed troll so adressing him is pointless,he sends people private mesages on how not to be incels lol,but for anyone else

1 shots have existed since wrath,specialy early on in the expansion,anyone who makes such a silly post is either not serious or never done pvp in any expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    Okay you're 100% trolling. There's no way someone can be this stubborn or unwilling to even try anything but whine.

All you need to do is gear up properly, get your renown up and try again, gear is of huge importance this expansion. If you're refusing to put any work and just expect to get anywhere with minimal effort and skill, there's no way of changing your mind.
    check their post history and what i said,they are a troll,this forum is a breeding ground for this species,not that i mind it is funny

You guys are still feeding the troll.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    this guy is a confirmed troll so adressing him is pointless,he sends people private mesages on how not to be incels lol,but for anyone else

1 shots have existed since wrath,specialy early on in the expansion,anyone who makes such a silly post is either not serious or never done pvp in any expansion

- - - Updated - - -

check their post history and what i said,they are a troll,this forum is a breeding ground for this species,not that i mind it is funny
    You and bunch of SJW's decided to subvert a thread I made about a possible first and last kiss between The Lion and the Banshee, you got what you deserved. If you're gonna troll my thread I'm gonna troll you back.

All I wanted was to discuss the possibility of Anduin and Sylvanas having a moment, instead 1/2 the forum was offended that I painted a picture of either them being straight.

You and bunch of SJW's decided to subvert a thread I made about a possible first and last kiss between The Lion and the Banshee, you got what you deserved.
    thats slander