Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    Okay you're 100% trolling. There's no way someone can be this stubborn or unwilling to even try anything but whine.

All you need to do is gear up properly, get your renown up and try again, gear is of huge importance this expansion. If you're refusing to put any work and just expect to get anywhere with minimal effort and skill, there's no way of changing your mind.

No.

I want to know what went through the dev's mind when they made these changes.

RBG queues are 1-0-6 everywhere I look (with only one group having 2 heals at any time).

I'm the only healer in random bg's (15-man). Sometimes I see another priest or an Hpal.

I have yet to see:
    A resto druid, a MW. I saw one resto shaman.

Something cataclysmic occurred, and I'm obviously not the only one that noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Negative.

I've seen 230 geared players nearly one shot by hunters around 180 ilevel.

I have too much experience in PvP over the the past six years to think it's still the same game.

The flow and pace has changed radically.
    yea 180 ilvl hunters can't 1 shot 230ilvl folks

- - - Updated - - -

I was asked specically by Tubshark (alliance) and Baalboski (horde) to come back to Shadowlands to heal in RBG's.

Now I understand why they can't find healers.

Fuck this shit.
    You say their names like we're supposed to know/care who the fuck those people are?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    yea 180 ilvl hunters can't 1 shot 230ilvl folks

- - - Updated - - -

You say their names like we're supposed to know/care who the fuck those people are?
    Ok, let me rephrase:

Sub 1.0 second killed.

What difference does it make?

If you don't know who they are, then you obviously haven't done a 2.2-2.4k xp RBG in your life. ABN, Slipnslide and Dingle were/are the only higher teams (in BFA anyway). Don't know wtf happened to Bailamos during BFA. Astoreal is back.

But I'm gone. Til something is fixed.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2021-01-25 at 12:17 PM.

Tell that to all the healers in this photo (screen shoted for the lulz before I go to bed):

https://ibb.co/bHcC1Wq

Let me know when you find a healer in the photo.
    There's 4 healers in that photo, 5 if you include yourself.

There's 4 healers in that photo, 5 if you include yourself.

There's 46 non-healers in that photo, 47 if you include yourself.

Those eight groups require a total of 24 healers combined.

Looks grizzly. Enjoy the wait.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2021-01-25 at 12:27 PM.

There's 46 non-healers in that photo, 47 if you include yourself.

Those eight groups require a total of 24 healers combined.

Looks grizzly. Enjoy the wait.
    You act like groups haven't been sitting for healers since group finder was implemented. This is normal, you're just bad right now. Gear up and make us believe that you didn't pay for RBG boosts.

You act like groups haven't been sitting for healers since group finder was implemented. This is normal, you're just bad right now. Gear up and make us believe that you didn't pay for RBG boosts.
    I've never seen a disparity of that magnitude.

If I paid for boosts, I'd have Hero of the Horde. If I was the kind of person that paid for boosts in pvP, I wouldn't give a shit about the state of PvP.

Get a grip.

Obviously something I liked has been shattered to the core.

I would have said the same thing at the start of this expansion when we all had no gear. I just happened to come late.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2021-01-25 at 12:33 PM.

I've never seen a disparity of that magnitude.

If I paid for boosts, I'd have Hero of the Horde.

Get a grip.
    Then you haven't been playing long.

*just checked, you're a Legion baby. Yea it's been like this forever.

Then you haven't been playing long.

*just checked, you're a Legion baby. Yea it's been like this forever.
    I've never seen 8 simultaneous groups with 5-6 dps + 1 tank and zero heals. For fuck's sake its YOLO GROUPS.

Stop lying.

I've never seen 8 simultaneous groups with 5-6 dps + 1 tank and zero heals. For fuck's sake its YOLO GROUPS.

Stop lying.
    Then you haven't looked very often. If you actually SS that tonight, it was at 4 in the fucking morning, of course you aren't finding any groups that are full on healers.

I've been High Warlord for several seaons and maintain 2.2k to 2.4k in arena through Legion and BFA.

I just came back to this expansion and I'm being one shot by hunters through LoS and other classes.

I've had warrior charge me and one shot me before Pain Suppression or Guardian Spirit can even be activated (depending on spec)

Wtf happened.

This is not the same game.

If I wanted to play a game where one/two shots were the norm I'd be playing an FPS.

-------------------------------------------
    Update, straight from the horse's mouth:

https://ibb.co/LQ8mnth

For lulz, I'm screen shotted this before I went to bed.

https://ibb.co/bHcC1Wq
    This thread derailed but I def agree the game became VERY fast paced, arena is like a moba teamfight, there's no variety of play styles anymore, every class got high burst so every combo is just pop all CDs and kill something
    I guess blizzard wants it like this because its more exciting to watch esports when its fast paced
    You'll either have to adapt or quit the game

I play a Holy Paladin and tend to get 2.6k or so in RBG. I have gotten elite this season already, and I can tell you that the situation is... bad.

Hunter's aren't even the issue. You can deal with that shit. But Boomkins hitting me for 18k, Ele shamans for 21k, and Rets using Divine Toll for 25k is the main issue. Now, is any of this a one-shot? No, but it is when two people do it at once. People can randomly 1-shot way too often in RBG. But I must say that as a priest you have the less right to complain... discs are without a doubt the best healer in RBG currently and the hardest to burst down after all big CD's.

But yeah... the state is weird atm. While it is fun for me to put on my 2h and walk into a random BG and one-shot people, I don't think players with 30%+ versa and 225+ gear should be globalled in competitive pvp. At least not as often as they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    This thread derailed but I def agree the game became VERY fast paced, arena is like a moba teamfight, there's no variety of play styles anymore, every class got high burst so every combo is just pop all CDs and kill something
    I guess blizzard wants it like this because its more exciting to watch esports when its fast paced
    You'll either have to adapt or quit the game
    Esports is made worse by a fast meta. Casual observers will have even less clue whats going on.
    LoL is viewer friendly because even your grandpa can understand teams taking objectives. You dont need to understand the characters and skills to get the basic gameplay. WoW Arena has no objectives beyond kill someone on other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I play a Holy Paladin and tend to get 2.6k or so in RBG. I have gotten elite this season already, and I can tell you that the situation is... bad.

Hunter's aren't even the issue. You can deal with that shit. But Boomkins hitting me for 18k, Ele shamans for 21k, and Rets using Divine Toll for 25k is the main issue. Now, is any of this a one-shot? No, but it is when two people do it at once. People can randomly 1-shot way too often in RBG. But I must say that as a priest you have the less right to complain... discs are without a doubt the best healer in RBG currently and the hardest to burst down after all big CD's.

But yeah... the state is weird atm. While it is fun for me to put on my 2h and walk into a random BG and one-shot people, I don't think players with 30%+ versa and 225+ gear should be globalled in competitive pvp. At least not as often as they currently are.

I don't care if my class/spec is OP (disc). I want a game that is playable for everyone.

I just found this video too (rotgod linked it in discord):

Last edited by Shalaator; 2021-01-25 at 07:04 PM.

Since the game released (SL) this is how it has been, endless cry threads (yes like yours). It's not changing - you claim to be a pvp pro - ADJUST that's all, you'll be fine.

Pvp is a twitch game, who's faster at the click and reaction. That's all it is and ever will be - Blizz just brought it down to its root.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Since the game released (SL) this is how it has been, endless cry threads (yes like yours). It's not changing - you claim to be a pvp pro - ADJUST that's all, you'll be fine.

Pvp is a twitch game, who's faster at the click and reaction. That's all it is and ever will be - Blizz just brought it down to its root.
    "game changed adapt"
    "game has been always this way"
    genius

Well... if things are broken or clearly unbalanced and we know it would make the game faster to fix it... why not complain about it to get it fixed?

We know these are issues. Blizzard clearly agreed that Convoke was OP so they nerfed it a bit. They agreed rogues had too much burst so they nerfed it a bit. Complaining works.

You say: "it is not changing." Well sorry, but it fucking should. This is the same kind of mentality that leads to hundreds of thousands dead from a pandemic and rampant corruption around the world because "herp derp, it's not changing why try to change things, herp derp."

RBG groups fill up instantly, what the fuck are you on about? Finding healers isn't even an issue. You getting oneshot when a hunter pops everything, and you most likely just slacked with your BFA slog of a brain isn't the games fault. And no, a 180 could NEVER oneshot a 230.

PvP is great now. Sure there is a LOT of dmg going on, but arena matches still go far into dampening because people know how to play. You sucking ass isn't the games fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    RBG groups fill up instantly, what the fuck are you on about? Finding healers isn't even an issue. You getting oneshot when a hunter pops everything, and you most likely just slacked with your BFA slog of a brain isn't the games fault. And no, a 180 could NEVER oneshot a 230.

PvP is great now. Sure there is a LOT of dmg going on, but arena matches still go far into dampening because people know how to play. You sucking ass isn't the games fault.
    Only two of those groups filled before I went to bed, the other six disbanded.

I'll make a video for you when I wake up in the morning.

We'll contrast the amount of the groups that get to 1-1-7 before disbanding compared to the ones that fill.

I can now see why I was being spammed the past two months to rejoin WoW and heal RBGs during starcraft games. There's apparently very few healing them.

It's not changing - you claim to be a pvp pro - ADJUST that's all, you'll be fine.

There's nothing to adjust to. The game I knew has ceased to exist.

It's like the old "bring back AV 1.0" threads.

Or the Pre-WotLK event.

Occasionally we get a taste of it, Korrak's Revenge and such.

If there's one thing I know about WoW's history, its when a fundamental game design is changed to to appease mindless zergfest gameplay, it never goes back.

I'm two to three days into WoW and I saw the "writing the wall." Further research (since I made this thread) has only confirmed my worst fears.

What I loved has come to an end.

That being said, the story is great and leveling/questing/storyline experience.

PvE isn't a snoozefest anymore either.

So I went from PvE to PvP back to PvE.

At least they keep one aspect of the game interesting at all times.

Never thought I'd find enjoyment in PvE again post-Ulduar. Mimiron Firefighter was the last boss I remember...fondly...? lol. With the except of Putricide and the LK himself, ICC was kinda easy and TOGC induced mass PvE burnout prior to ICC.

I did like like the Jaina fight though in BFA.